• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
  • Once I was on a train and a little boy lectured me about how no one really knows dragons like he does and they all misunderstand them because he read a book on dragons and he took it as fact lol. "Did you know they don't actually have forked tongues?"

You should have told him that dragons aren't real, and neither are Santa or The Tooth Fairy and also that he was adopted.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    You should have told him that dragons aren't real, and neither are Santa or The Tooth Fairy and also that he was adopted.

Maybe that would have kept him from bothering me to play Dragon Age for like 12 hours straight when I wanted to play Phoenix Wright, lmaooo.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I don't see why Caviar is so popular/pricey/good. It's fish eggs. Blah.

Flying Fish Roe is pretty good and fairly cheap. A fair sized container is 5-7 bucks <3

@_@ I think fish eggs are delicious <3 I am a big caviar fan <3

Also.. guys.. wtf happened to my USB? .____.;;

What should I do? .__. re-format? lol.. it wont make me delete it and I'm trying to clear this drive.. I have no idea where S squared or that other jingykingy file came from..

Shining Raichu

Years

• Maybe that would have kept him from bothering me to play Dragon Age for like 12 hours straight when I wanted to play Phoenix Wright, lmaooo.

You were on a train for 12 hours straight? Where were you going and how did you manage having a kid in your presence for that long!

Years
  • Flying Fish Roe is pretty good and fairly cheap. A fair sized container is 5-7 bucks <3

@_@ I think fish eggs are delicious <3 I am a big caviar fan <3

Also.. guys.. wtf happened to my USB? .____.;;

What should I do? .__. re-format? lol.. it wont make me delete it and I'm trying to clear this drive.. I have no idea where S squared or that other jingykingy file came from..

Forgive my ignorance. I'll have to try some then. XD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    You were on a train for 12 hours straight? Where were you going and how did you manage having a kid in your presence for that long!

I take the train from my school to my home a lot, which is ~18 hours, but there was a 5 hour delay on that train ride. @-@

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Where were you going and how did you manage having a kid in your presence for that long!

Shining, some people actually have children willingly and actually enjoy spending time with them, too! I know, it's a shocking thing, really.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    -snip picture-

Are these red arrows? All I can think of ;;
    No, these are Red Arrows. Sure, they may fly simple Hawks instead of F-16s, F/A-18s, or Su-27s, but that doesn't detract from the fact that they're awesome and that they're among the best at what they do.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • No, these are Red Arrows. Sure, they may fly simple Hawks instead of F-16s, F/A-18s, or Su-27s, but that doesn't detract from the fact that they're awesome and that they're among the best at what they do.

I had never seen this branch of U.S. British Aviation.

Last edited:

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015

Oh. They seems really fast. I've only seen a F-16, and that's because there is an area of them where I work.
    BAE Hawk 152
    Powerplant: 1 x Rolls-Royce Turbomeca Adour Mk. 951 turbofan, 29 kN (6,500 lbf) dry thrust
    Maximum speed: Mach 0.84 (1,028 km/h, 638 mph) at altitude

F-16C Block 30 Fighting Falcon
    Powerplant: 1 x General Electric F110-GE-100 afterburning turbofan, 76.3 kN (17,155 lbf) dry thrust, 127 kN (28,600 lbf) thrust with afterburner
    Maximum speed: Mach 1.2 (1,470 km/h, 915 mph) at sea level, Mach 2+ (2,410 km/h, 1,500 mph) clean configuration

Hawks aren't really fast compared to F-16s, but they're still extremely nimble craft nonetheless.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • BAE Hawk 152
    Powerplant: 1 x Rolls-Royce Turbomeca Adour Mk. 951 turbofan, 29 kN (6,500 lbf) dry thrust
    Maximum speed: Mach 0.84 (1,028 km/h, 638 mph) at altitude

F-16C Block 30 Fighting Falcon
    Powerplant: 1 x General Electric F110-GE-100 afterburning turbofan, 76.3 kN (17,155 lbf) dry thrust, 127 kN (28,600 lbf) thrust with afterburner
    Maximum speed: Mach 1.2 (1,470 km/h, 915 mph) at sea level, Mach 2+ (2,410 km/h, 1,500 mph) clean configuration

Hawks aren't really fast compared to F-16s, but they're still extremely nimble craft nonetheless.

Without doubt, is almost the same speed as the Boeing 787, which is the area where I work. It is assumed that under ideal conditions, 787 should reach Mach 0.85 (912 km / h due to weight).

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Ooh, I love those smokey shows thing too. I don't really know what they're called though.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • smokey show shows?

I worked nine hours today, longest I've ever done :3
    But some kid had to vomit on the store floor ._.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    smokey show shows?

I worked nine hours today, longest I've ever done :3
    But some kid had to vomit on the store floor ._.

Long work hours are not fun, isn't it?

Vomit? I think when I feel really unwell, that happens.

Eeew! Well, how did the cleanup go?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • Long work hours are not fun, isn't it?

Vomit? I think when I feel really unwell, that happens.

Eeew! Well, how did the cleanup go?

I was meant to have an hour lunch break and two 15 min tea breaks and I only had a 20 minute lunch one xD .

I don't know how the clean up went. All I did was yell "Clean up in aisle 7!" and then sprint like hell so no one would make me clean it.

Shining Raichu

Years
  • lol it happens to me all the time at work. Where I work, you're entitled to a half-hour lunch break when you work more than 6 hours (that sounds crappy compared to a lot of places but to be honest I'd rather have the small amount of break time and actually get paid decently than waste half my day on an unpaid break) but on Fridays when it's really busy and there are only two people working, it's hard to get half an hour where you are quiet enough to make a real break plausible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back