• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Those UFO catcher games are so dang hard. The claws are like wet noodles so even when you get something it just slips out before it can be dropped into the drop-hole-thingy.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
There's actually a way to game the system on those...the strength of the claw is handled internally, so every so often the claw suddenly becomes strong and catches whatever you're trying to get. If you really want to win you do something like watch the machine and learn when it changes strength, then play at the right time to win.

But do you want the .50 toy that badly?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
There's actually a way to game the system on those...the strength of the claw is handled internally, so every so often the claw suddenly becomes strong and catches whatever you're trying to get. If you really want to win you do something like watch the machine and learn when it changes strength, then play at the right time to win.

But do you want the .50 toy that badly?

YES, YES I DO.

god, a Squidward gif would be so perfect here

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Spoiler:

Couldn't help it.

But no, I always lose at this game. Claws must hate me.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
24 hour shops! We go to them almost every day here. It's a college thing I guess.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Our "corner store" is the convenience store on campus, and yes it is exorbitantly overpriced.

Except at midnight when they sell hot dogs for a quarter.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm not on campus right now!!!

...I'm at my boyfriend's apartment like five min off campus :(

Don't call me nicole!

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
And you think your corner stores are expensive. Come to mine, where we have 30 dollar bottles of Olive Oil, for starters.

Really, that's insane!!!
Near to my house, is a 24 store, it's not too expensive, but neither is the cheapest place to buy stuff. At least you can buy two hot dogs and a Coke for $24 pesos (like two dollars).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
And you think your corner stores are expensive. Come to mine, where we have 30 dollar bottles of Olive Oil, for starters.

...What. Is it olive oil made by the gods or something? o_o

The corner stores around here are decently priced, I guess. I really only go to buy gum or pop and I hardly ever have to spend less than $5 so I'm good. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back