• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

were you bullied in school

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Oh yes. Sometimes for liking Pokemon, sometimes for being a school person (was probably the only one in my class that didn't complain about simply going to school), sometimes for not being into sports, which was apparently a big thing where I grew up. Other times because I could roar "like a dinosaur".... still can.... don't ask.

Probably the most unfortunate part about it for me is up until the middle of my highschool years, it was constant. That, and because I would always be afraid to do something I'd regret, I would just take it until I couldn't anymore. That's where playing video games came in for me, they would be my way of venting the day's frustrations against the various AI baddies. Could be one of the reasons why if I see a friend seems to be having a bad day, I ask if they want to talk about it. I think everyone needs to vent every now and then, how ever they go about doing it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    lately i havent been bullied that much, other than the occasional kid who yells at me on the soccer field for not doing plays that i absolutely couldnt do, even he couldnt do.

but i mainly got bullied for having a really really high voice. im in the ninth grade, have not hit puberty and my voice is so freakin high. and other times for my shortness. and people always called me gay? which i am not. i like girls. it was mostly cuz of my voice which is why they called me that. sometime they made fun of my for how i sit in my chairs. since i'm short my feet cant touch the ground so i tend to sit on them in my chair. which ir really comfortable so they should shut up and try it. i absolutely cant tell anyone about me liking pokemon. people would make fun of me. well maybe not a lot like ive been kinda nonchalant about it lately. but only a handful of people know about it. its my biggest secret. im seriously an open book except for pokemon. its kinda pathetic if you think about it. XD

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I was that person who nobody liked, so it was bound to happen. ;D
    Thing is, I didn't care. I didn't do a thing about it, considering it made for a good excuse not to be social toward them.
    We all got used to each other after a while, and things changed. I ended up befriending the guy who made his dislike of me the most obvious. That was quite a while ago, but we still are in contact over the internet now. It's funny how he ended up being the only one not to play along with everyone else in their dislike of me, even when a friend I've known for years did.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    The one question I have is who didn't get bullied?
    A lot.

I was bullied but it was whatever, just teases. After elementary school I wasn't bullied though, but I was kinda of a loner. Fixed that thankfully once I realized I needed to socialize myself, now I enjoy school, except for well, classes. lol

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
    I have been constantly bullied at school for as long as I could remember. Especially in elementary school where a lot of people would beat me up to the point that the principle said "Oh come on guys, what's your problem with him? Why is it always him?" That's actually the point where I began paying my bullies and they began working for me as my sort of bodyguards. High School was different though, that was when I actually had equally geeky friends. so much so that one of the people who bullied me said "I don't care if you have a lot of friends, I will get you" but I then took it too far and stabbed his hand with pen... It was just a tiny puncture though. College, well I still am being bullied, and this time I'm alone and ripe for the picking... it toned down to verbal bullying though so that's good.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
    Yeah, I was bullied in school, quite terribly.

I think everyone is at some point, just some more than others.

I was the 'some'.

Things do get better though, school might seem like forever, but it does end sooner or later.

My bullying was mostly in middle school. A lot of it was because of the super small class size we had. Once we got into high school, and the mass amounts of students, things got so much better for me. To the point where I was actually 'popular' in high school.

I realized, though, that things might be better now for me, they might still be bad for others. A teacher and I set up a petition for the principal to start an anti-bullying group and campaign in the school to raise awareness and provide help for students who needed it. Once the group was started it became one of the most active in the school and is now like a cornerstone of it. It's one of the few things I'm really proud of doing and it makes me happy to see the students and faculty in the red and white shirts on the representation days. I even started a side group for LGBT kids in my school. Even though I graduated years ago, I'm still the leader of the LGBT group and I help out with the anti-bullying group.

And hey, if anyone here at PC needs someone to talk to, I'm an open ear. Sometimes just talking to someone, anyone, even a stranger on the internet, can make a huge difference.

Yukari

A lack of bullies is on of the advantages of being home schooled. I have been bullied elsewhere though.

Years
    i wouldnt say i been bullied but back when i was in school i had a few probelms with selct people

just toughen up and tell them not to f*ck witchu and mean it, if they pissin you off it shouldnt be hard to do anyway, people gone mess wit you if you show em they can

throw a punch if you got to and spend some time in detention, people wont mess witchu no mo after that

plus detention is where all tha cool, but not stuck up kids are

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I was verbally picked on in Elementary school, and a few times in middle school and high school. All by the same kids the whole time. Seems like they'd find a way to make fun of me, even when all I'd be doing was reading, or writing something down. I used to actually get intimidated by it, but then the second time they tried it in my first year of high school, I just raised my eyebrow, and gave them a look at basically told them to go ---- themselves. They got a little-wide eyed and never did it again. I should've done it before then, but I was necessarily thinking logically when I was picked on during my younger years, it just gave me anxiety and I'd avoid the situation.

These days, everyone seems to like me, and I'm more myself and out-going. I'm pretty nice to people, and I try to make them feel comfortable around me. Probably because I was bullied before. So it paid off in some sense. xD

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
    I got picked on quiiiite a bit in primary and in the start of high school. I met people who taught me to take those words a lot better than I did though, and now..well I feel a lot better. Did sort of send me on an emotional spiral though, but I'm on the end of that now. :)

Nonon_hiyori

Nonon's #1 Fan!
    Years
    I used to get bullied up until 7th grade. It wasn't much fun. People don't mess with me anymore though. Which is a good thing. Though the main reason is because I stood up for myself in an incident during freshman year. Also most people at my school think I'm crazy.

Xadvid

Screw finals
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    I was bullied by a couple kids in middle school for my appearance...

But the bullying did stopped as I decided to go to a (somewhat) private high school filled with intelligent and considerate people and started working out to alter my appearance...
    Best decisions of my life :3

Years
    I've never been actually bullied, because I'm way to quiet of a person to involve myself with any people. Everyone kinda ignored me and I ignored them. I had friends that could come off as rude to me sometimes, but there was never actual bullying.

Years
    I've never been actually bullied, because I'm way to quiet of a person to involve myself with any people. Everyone kinda ignored me and I ignored them. I had friends that could come off as rude to me sometimes, but there was never actual bullying.

I was one of those individuals as well during elementary school years, but somehow still managed to be teased/bullied probably because I was considered an easy target and the kids in that neighbourhood were not all that friendly to begin with. Luckily I moved out of there and to a better one when it mattered, but nothing extreme to the point where I had to tattle or get teachers involved.

Back