• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

were you bullied in school

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Sadly yes. Tbh I would rather not talk about it nowadays, too many bad memories to count and I try to leave that part of my past in the dust.

Years
    Yes, here in the Philippines, I'm always bullied, and it's probably because of my skin tone (white).
    Them bullying me, equals to, me bullying them.
    That's how it works.

Oh, and I almost forgot. I became anti-social, because I was bullied when I was little.
    It was really sad.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I have been affected so much by teasing and embarrassing and distressing situations I have in school. I have no self-confidence and avoid anybody my age at all costs irl because I know they will probably do something awful to me somehow.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    A lot in Elementary school. But it was whatever (just teasing and insults, didnt bother me all that much), really, I was a soft kid, so it was my fault.

Sorta in middle school. That's when I learned to tough up and face everything myself. Worked wonders and high school was a great experience. No bullying whatsoever.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Yeah, I had it a lot in middle school but it got way worse in high school. Other girls would write stuff on the internet about me and made fun of me for how I look relentlessly. Female humans can be a horrible species, haha

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
    I was bullied in second grade partially because I was naive [not going into that though it was stupid imo], but then after that I wasn't until around fifth grade, where I ended up looking stupid often and in sixth grade hadn't matured as quickly as everyone else [high-pitched voice, kinda childish and goofy compared to others, etc.]. It was horrible, and although it was never physical I got really sad often.

That was around until seventh grade, where my voice got way deeper, I grew the beginnings of a 'stache, grew way taller, and probably became a bit insane but more just really happy. I think that had a lot to do with it, and afterwards no one's really bullied me. Annoyed me maybe, but nothing really that can be considered bullying.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I was bullied on a forum a long time ago. The forum split and it isn't even up today; I'm now good friends with one of the people who bullied me. We were both competitive in this game and tbh the name calling got out of hand and it was a massive verbal brawl on this forum. Both parties left and it really hurt the forum. My friends and I were young a naive, we've grown up since them.

I've never bullied anyone intentionally. People joke around with me, but I've never really been physically or verbally bullied. I take real bullying seriously though, if I see it happening I will do everything in my power to stop it.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
    Yupp and that happened while I was in a young age as I was the only Egyptian in my class so some students made fun of my accent and some other stuff too...tbh though,I didn't care much,I took all what they say as some kind of Jealousy..I mean why would someone care too much about you that they watch every little thing you do to make fun of it!..there were also some good people too,I remember so life was okay for me

Never ever give the pleasure to people who bully you by feeling bad about yourself or sad about what they say because in the end..THEY are bunch of losers who need more attention apparently. ;3

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    If anybody says they weren't bullied it means they're either lying or a bully.

That's a stupid statement. But okay if you're joking.

I wasn't bullied or ever served as the role of bully for someone else. I was always too scared of ruining my rep among teachers for me to do anything. Not like I'd have done anything either way, lol. But yeah. I did push a guy hard enough for him to fall down once and then held his throat with one hand while raising my arm to give him a solid punch before being stopped by my friends in class, though. All while I knew the guy was weaker than me. But couldn't help it - he provoked me in the first place. Dunno if that counts. Doesn't, right?

I hate the phenomenon so much. I was watching this one video by 'Rise Against' called September's children and I was disgusted by the amount of bullying a lot of kids have to go through.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
    Yes, in a way, I was one of the most popular/quiet/funny people, but they were very jealous of me (I think) and they would call me very offensive things and hurt me physically.
    Eventually I had told on them and they were sent to the office, nearly expelled, but its all good, now that they all had mysterious horrible "accident" :)

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
    Years
    Yes, I definitely was. Those were the most haunting and saddest moments of my life; but I did finally conquer it later on when he was 13 when I stopped letting them make fun of me and started working out on my body and once I came back the next year I was different, I became the person who stood up for the kids who couldn't. I never let a bully get the hang on me again and I never let somebody be bullied around me ever again.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
    I was not bullied at 'school'. This is because I didn't go to school. I'm homeschooled.

But I can say, in the small town where my family lived, I guess we were bullied to some extent. More like excluded. Nobody liked us. We were 'those weird homeschooler people'. I seemed to have it worse, sometimes.. my siblings seemed to form (brief) friendships, and nobody would want to hang out with me, unless they wanted something from me. And the only 'friend' I had only hung out with me because I was gullible, and ended up trying to force me to do things, when I finally stood up for myself.

And also there's the fact that my family has always called me names like 'stupid' and made me feel pretty useless.

One time I went for a voyage on a tall ship, and this one person kept bullying me because I have a lazy eye and because I'm quiet and all that. So that kind of ruined that trip for me.

Unfortunately, though, because of all of this, I can't help but constantly be in doubt, and I have even bigger trust issues because of it. It makes it very hard to make friends nowadays.

Adore

Party.
    Years
    Yeah, I was bullied daily for a year in middle school. A couple of my classmates would try to scare me (and usually succeed because I'm very easily startled) by jumping out from behind a wall or from under a desk or something. They'd also call me pretty much every anti-gay slur and insult you can think of. Sometimes they would throw erasers or highlighters at my head, too.

It stressed me out so badly that I actually developed an anxiety disorder and needed to be medicated just to function. At the end of the year I stopped going to that school and homeschooled myself through high school just so I wouldn't have to deal with those idiots anymore.

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years
    I was also called anti gay names like *** n many more I can't mention them it gets gruesome but I put a stop then another would test my patients that year I had 5 fights

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
    I find the comment posted 'if you haven't been bullied you're either lying or a bully' absolute bull ♥♥♥♥. I can honestly say that I have never ever been bullied or have I bullied somebody. In primary school early years I was a complete nobody. I spoke to like nobody and the lunch lady used to find me friends to play with. From year 3 onwards I found my place and was this loud and outgoing personality of the class. We were all friends, the whole class. I loved primary so much.

High school was great... nobody in my year got bullied and I didn't even know of anybody in the school who got bullied. Well, this boy who was the first friend I made at High School used to love tripping me up and kicking my legs. He called me the devil child, it was hilarious for both of us. Them staple fights in Food Tech though... :P But really.. he's a great friend and is always there for me. I wouldn't call that bullying considering the things I did to him. ;) However, there s boy in the year below called Ashley. He acted like he was in year 4 and he had no friends. We felt really sorry for him so after that he sat with us for the rest of high school. We would walk home with him some days. He's just one of them people that is hilarious without even knowing it.

Last edited:

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    I don't know if I would say I was bullied. People definitely made comments for a few years, but it really died down and now I'm at college (That is the British version, not the American term for University) I've never had any issues.
    I'm the sort of person who would get bullied but I guess whenever anyone had anything negative to say to me I could, and would, give it right back. I never took it so people generally realised there's no point because I'm untouchable.

Sirfetch’d

I was verbally bullied but honestly a lot of that was my fault. I set myself up most of the time and never really did anything about it haha. I guess though people grew tired of it and it eventually stopped but it still affected me as a person because I wasn't able to make friends like I normally would have wanted to.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    It happened a LOT in freshmen year for me >_> It was awful. Thankfully I had one really awesome teacher who noticed what was going on and told the counselor, so some of my bullies actually got moved out of the class~!

Back