• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

were you bullied in school

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I was teased and bullied a little bit up until sophomore year. Certainly not to the extent where so many other unfortunate kids are, but to the point where it affected me as a person. It randomly stopped sophomore year of high school, which I thought was strange.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    I was teased and bullied a little bit up until sophomore year. Certainly not to the extent where so many other unfortunate kids are, but to the point where it affected me as a person. It randomly stopped sophomore year of high school, which I thought was strange.

People start to grow up.
    I was never bullied. I tended to follow the cool kids. Being a baseball player really helped stop stuff like that. However, I saw it with a lot of people and I was different. I be-friended people like that and helped them because we had common interests. I hate jocks, and I tend to have more in common with other people. Now I kinda just stick to myself though.

Years
    I was teased in elementary school. Not to sound conceited or anything, but the kids that I associated with in that school were bound to become trouble makers in their later years. 10 years later, the girls who picked on me are overweight and the majority of them have kids. Karma came through for me, but I don't keep grudges or anything. They got what they deserve and I'm lucky enough to have moved from that neighbourhood once middle school came along.

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years
    Sometimes I wonder when bullies will go away n y r they doing this the answers all come later on on y they bully but it gives no excuse cuz people go off the ledge which is sad :(

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    Sometimes I wonder when bullies will go away n y r they doing this the answers all come later on on y they bully but it gives no excuse cuz people go off the ledge which is sad :(
    Most of them stop when you stand up to them.
    People bully others, because they themselves have low self-esteem. They find smaller people with low self-esteem and pick on them to raise their self-esteem.

I used to be bullied A LOT more than I am now. Most of them gave up when they realised that I wasn't just a little kid who wouldn't fight or stand up for himself. I did the exact opposite in 8th grade. I stood up, and fought back. I made them feel bad, and they stopped. Some of them didn't. Those are the ones that won't go anywhere in life.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I was bullied a good amount in 8th grade. This was when I started being in special ed. There were two special ed classes and so I'd switch in between both for my classes. I also had gym class with the "normal"/non -special ed 8th graders. There was a girl in my class name Julia who would call me ugly and stupid and made fun of my terrible ache. She'd call me "pepperoni face" or "zit boy" all the time. She just hated me and made fun of me in general as well. Some of the other kids picked up on her bullying as well and started doing it too.Of course being in special ed, some of them would call me "retarded"and "stupid" (despite some actually being in the same special ed classes) . I did stood up for myself and another kid, but it only helped a little. It wasn't until the end of the year that she and the other kids stopped. Julia actually gave me a hug on the last day and apologized for all the crap she gave me. When I went to the high school next door freshmen year, I noticed a lot of the kids who bullied me a year or so before were actually being nice to me now.I guess a year or a few months can really change people.

Last edited:

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years
    Same here u have to stand up ,but I didn't want to bring violence in my thread. I didn't want to bring violence in thread cuz to some others pending they take it they might think back n say how come I didn't do that. Standing up to bullies always solves the problem sometimes they will get bullied 4 taking ur crap which can get amusing as long as u don't contribute to the bullies bullying the bully that bullied u .

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've never really been bullied, thankfully. Only thing that comes close, though, is that when I was in elementary school, my friend once torn my essay papers accidentally. She was just trying to hide them from me, but wasn't being careful enough.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Same here u have to stand up ,but I didn't want to bring violence in my thread. I didn't want to bring violence in thread cuz to some others pending they take it they might think back n say how come I didn't do that. Standing up to bullies always solves the problem sometimes they will get bullied 4 taking ur crap which can get amusing as long as u don't contribute to the bullies bullying the bully that bullied u .

I don't see how you can bring violence in a thread, though I'm assuming you mean arguing. Though I really can't see an argument forming from saying it's good to stand up to bullies....

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I was bullied in elementary school, but the funny thing is, in fifth grade my biggest bully ended up becoming my closest friend by the end of the year. He was actually my first Pokemon trading buddy :) He had Red, I had Blue, and we helped each other complete our Pokedexes. After that I was never bullied again. Maybe I gained more confidence and people stopped seeing me as a target? I guess I'll never know :P

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
    Years
    Girls were ruthless on me in elementary school. I'm completely serious. The only girl that was actually nice to me was named Karly I think (and that was after world wide news of my damn concussion).

It stopped in Grade 7 when I went to a new school, no one knew what my background was or anything (as if I even did anything bad). I mean sometimes it would happen during grade 7 and up, but after I started hanging out with Michele it came to a complete stop. I never got to thank that huge guy.

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years
    I don't see how you can bring violence in a thread, though I'm assuming you mean arguing. Though I really can't see an argument forming from saying it's good to stand up to bullies....

Hard 2 explain just dont want arguments like my other 2 it is a great thing.standing up 2 a bully is great. just touchy subject I guess

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Think he meant the idea of violence.

Personally, I was never bullied. Light-hearted teasing, yes, but I actually like that. I wasn't ever a target for bullies, mainly cause I got around with essentially everyone. If someone did get on my bad side, or if I got on their bad side, I wouldn't hesitate to tell them to go suck it. Which is what I do lmao

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    I was never really bullied. Like Dakota, It was mostly just teasing between friends.

But...I have a tiny confession that I need to get off of my chest (warning, somewhat long read). I'm not sure if this could count as bullying, but there was this one kid back in elementary school and high school that nobody liked. I mean, I tried to be friends with him, but I guess since everyone didn't like him, he assumed I didn't want to be his friend either. Later on in the years, I talked to him occasionally, but people would make fun him, especially in P.E. because physically, he wasn't very strong (even girls would make fun of him). I remember laughing at every joke /insult thrown at him, and everytime we would walk home together (we live in the same direction), he would ask why I didn't help him. I mean, he told me I was one of his closest friends, but I honestly just saw him as a random kid.

I don't really talk to him that much anymore, but yeah...only thing I can say is, if you are getting bullied, stand up for yourself.

Years
    I wasn't really bullied in school, although a girl did spray perfume in my eyes because she didn't like me for some reason (probably wasn't girly enough or something). And I did get pushed around a couple times by guys who didn't like that I was good at sports. But my main childhood bully was my brother, and luckily when we were in the same school for a year we mainly acted like we weren't related.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Yeah, a couple of times. I think it was only to the level of name teasing though. Never really physical. One of my bullies from Kindergarten became one of my closest friends so I don't hold grudges against them. An even cuter thing was that there was a rumour going around that he fancied me the year after. I found that pretty hilarious and we still laugh about it a lot. Another great thing about the guy is that he likes Pokemon. So we began playing the games together as well. Good times. 8)

Never really had many other issues. Eventually I just ignored them and they backed off. :/

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I was bullied all throughout elementary school and the first year of middle school...after that point my family moves across town and I went to a different school altogether. That new school was my second chance and I did what I had to do to survive...I completely shut myself out emotionally. No one could tease me or hurt me if I didn't acknowledge them or pay them any mind. I went to school for my studies and that was it.

In hindsight, that probably wasn't the best course of action. All throughout my adult life, I've had problems with expressing my emotions and being able to trust people. My last romantic relationship ended when the girl told me that I had the emotional maturity of someone ten years my younger. XD

Back