• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] What about the original non-Galar forms?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Worth its own thread, imo.

We know we're getting Galarian forms and Galar-specific evolutions with the Linoone line - Obstagoon only comes from a Galarian Linoone being evolved.

So then, let's speculate:
    - would we see the 'original' forms in the game?
    --- would they be catchable/obtainable and hence useable in SwSh? (Note we couldn't in SM, iirc, catch Kanto Meowth out of the bat. Meanwhile in LGPE, you could obtain e.g. Alolan Vulpix... if you traded in-game or online, and with the former had the right version)
    --- if so, how? Maybe limiting them to the Dynamax Raids would be a sensible way to have a non-local version of the Pokemon show up in Galar?

Years
  • I highly doubt the non-Galar forms of mons will be catchable anywhere in the game, but I assume if they're transferable from Pokémon Home they'll retain their previous form? Which makes sense and wouldn't force people into using a form they're not as interested in. I'd be a bit sad if I couldn't bring my precious Kanto and Alolan Vulpix with me, so here's hoping forms can be retained in general. :sweatdrop: Maybe we can get non-Galar forms via in-game trades as well, from characters who came to Galar from faraway regions?

Dynamax raids rewarding alternate forms is a good idea too, definitely support that!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm gonna assume it'll be like USUM.
    We'll see tourist trainers just the same, that have the non-galarian forms I'm sure.
    You'll be able to use them once Home comes out, I'm like 80% confident about that lol.

Back