• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What about uncommonly used 'mon and their movesets?

Lucifer.

Custom'D
Years
  • Exploud can be a physical or special attacker. So his options are pretty well varied. :cool:

Special:

Exploud [Modest] EVs: 252 Sp Atk, 252 Speed/HP, 6 [anything but Attack)

Ice Beam
    Flamethrower
    Extrasensory
    Water Pulse

Physical:

Exploud [Adamant] EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed/HP, 6 [anything but Sp Atk]

Shadow Ball
    Howl
    Return
    Brick Break

Or you could take two moves out of either set (if physical then definitely Howl) and add Rest + Sleep Talk.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Actually quick attack is more useful than you think. It seems trash too but until you battle a lot on netbattle, you'll see why every time MUST have at least one quick attacker.

Quick attack advantages
    -stop 1 hp reversal/flail users
    -last attack against something faster than you (most of the time against alakazam. If you sword danced but is weak and you're against alakazam, go quick attack for OHKO. Alakazam is faster than a lot of pokemon, but if you have quick attack it'll save your butt)
    -stop salac berry abusers who relies on salac to sweep

Exploud is definitely UU, but in a UU team it's certainly a powerful team member ^_^

Exploud- [atk + / sp.atk -] @ leftovers/chesto
    EV: Hp, atk
    -return
    -counter/rest
    -shadowball
    -extrasensory

It's another one of those Pokemon capable of anti Weezing too ^-^ High hp allows it to have a good use of counter. Return for STAB, and Shadowball is for type advantages. If counter doesn't suit you as you think its def is too low, then use chesto rest perhaps.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Exploud also prevents Skarm from psudeohazing it away, so it makes a nice compliment to Ninjask.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Kairi said:
    Exploud also prevents Skarm from psudeohazing it away, so it makes a nice compliment to Ninjask.
    and... how does Exploud do that with the exception of OHKOing Skarm? o.o;
    It doesn't have suction cups... oh wait nvm... Skarm can't use whirlwind and have to use roar x_x;

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • I know... at that time I was thinking that Skarmory can use whirlwind too but I forgot that Skarmory won't be able to spike then x_x;

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2004
    Well I like swalot. This is a great moveset:

Swalot@Leftovers
    {Jolly}
    Yawn
    Dream eater
    Acid armour/Amnesia
    Sludge bomb

Use yawn, and then acid armour/amnesia. If opponent wakes up and hit's you, it may survive, and use yawn again. Then eat their dreams and make it nightmares :badsmile: .

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • The above looks fine except... dream eater o.o; don't split EVs for such a pitiful move... yawn is better as a force switch (pseudohaze). Use another physical attack instead of dream eater.

Years
  • Zangoose is pretty strong but is not used as often as Skarmory and Salamence.

Solrock is a rare sight on Netbattle

As for Swalot:

Swalot@Leftovers
    Shadow Ball
    Yawn
    Sludge Bomb
    Ice Beam

Ice beam for those UU Dragons

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Zangoose? I have one on my team! o.o;

My moveset:

Zangoose- [atk + / sp.atk -] @ lum berry
    EV: Atk and Speed max all
    -swords dance
    -double edge
    -shadowball
    -quick attack

It works very well against anything that isn't called Skarmory (but not like any Zangoose can do something about Skarmory anyway )

Solrock is UU... but it can be a pleasant surprise...

Solrock- [atk + / sp.atk -] @ quick claw
    EV: Atk, def/hp
    -earthquake/shadowball
    -rock slide
    -explosion
    -overheat

Back