• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What age were you?

Raging Umbreon

Pkmn Trainer
Years
  • Pokemon Red and Blue versions were the very first pokemon games to be released outside of Japan.
    The North American release date was on September 28, 1998.

How old were you when Pokemon Red and Blue were released in North America?

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    I'm Australian so would of guessed it was released a bit later so would of been nearly 12 was born in 87.

I don't think I actually played the game until I was 14 or so because I've never owned a Game Boy and a mate of mine gave me the emulator for it on PC.

Years
  • I was 7 when the games released in NA in 1998, back then I wasn't really experienced with them at all :P I still have the same Yellow version that works fine after so long, but Red isn't as cooperative.

Years
  • I was four going on five when the games came out. I didn't get to play either of the two for many years. And thinking about it now, it means I was six when I received Yellow for Christmas in 1999 o.o Kinda hard to believe, haha.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I must've been like 6 when Red/Blue was released in North America, though I don't think I got them until next year, when I was 7.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    5 years old...it's been 16 years since I started my Pokemon journey. Gee I feel old...

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I was 2 and a half. And it was the very first game that I got for my Gameboy. I don't even really remember my first journey but I still have the save file surprisingly.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I was seven when Red and Blue came out in the US, but I didn't get Red until the following August.

Years
  • I was 10 years old when the games were released.

A year later is when I was exposed to Pokemon and fell in love with it. Dad bought me Blue in October 99 on a boring trip to visit family out of state. Absolutely fell in love with it.

Back