• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are some good horror movies you recommend?

Years
    I second M3GAN - considering how goofy the premise can seem, they pull it off really well.

Otherwise... I'll list off some of the ones I've loved watching:
    • Alien/Alien 2/Ali3n - All amazingly well put together horror films, almost a must see imo for anyone wanting to look into the genre
    • The Shining - this is more of a psychological movie so you're not going to be seeing many typical scares, but the atmosphere it builds up from the beginning is super eerie and has you on edge the whole time
    • Midsommar - again this is a bit more psychological horror film, but it really captures the essence of something appearing to be OK before unravelling to become worse and worse as it progresses
    • The Thing - so this is more body horror i.e. the scary part is seeing all the transformations and grotesque creatures, if you're squeamish I'd perhaps avoid this one and other body horror stuff!
    • Perfect Blue - I'd say this is more borderline thriller (and animated), but this is so gripping because the situation is so real, a really good watch for sure
    • The Ring - Specifically the Japanese version, because the American one for me kinda waters down the absolutely mental psychological side of the film
    • Scream - just super classic slasher fun

I say some because honestly I could reel off somany, this is one of my favourite film (and everything else) genres! I think I just love the whole idea of slowly building up a really intense atmosphere that when done right has you feeling this sense of anxious dread, anticipating the next big scare. Can't really fully explain it, I just kinda crave the rush the jumpscares and the like give you I guess!

Back