• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently breeding?

Years
  • Yes, it's what I'm breeding o 3o I'm doing weird moves though since I have a liking for those. I tend to favor those and aesthetic breeds over competitive breeds :D

They are more fun! But I was wondering how you are doing those if they weren't listed as legal balls in your one post, XD. Or did I miss something which is highly likely. haha.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
  • They are more fun! But I was wondering how you are doing those if they weren't listed as legal balls in your one post, XD. Or did I miss something which is highly likely. haha.

Well, I did list Nest Bulbasaur technically: "Kanto and Kalos starters are catchable in XY".

Also Tirtouga is a Fossil Pokemon that was catchable in the DW and you weren't required to use a Dream Ball.

Years
  • Holy $#¡☆ I must be having an off day.
    I didn't even realize that the nest ball was in x and y. Stuck with premier balls and original balls for too long in that game , ugh.
    I was also thinking of turtwig the whole time I was writing tirtouga. *facepalm*
    That makes me want one those as well, XD.

Sorry for being stupid. I should stick with one hit instead of two the next time around . XD

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Decided to do my first breeding project. Meowth!

Why Meowth? Well, let's just say that Meowth's last habitat was in Johto back in Generation IV, with no habitat and only found on Yancy in Generation V, and still no habitat in Generation VI. It doesn't even have a habitat in Hoenn, being found only by trade. So it's technically one of the most rare wild Pokémon in the last four generations, and yet it's a feature in the anime as part of Team Rocket! So, once I level it enough, I figure breeding it with my Lv.100 perfect Ditto will give me some great items for Wonder Trading!

vestalcoon

Clownshoe Elite
    Years
  • At present I'm working on a 5IV, Inner Focus Darumaka. About one box in. I've acquired a perfect one, but it doesn't have the appropriate ability or a helpful nature! Agh!

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
    Years
  • Decided to do my first breeding project. Meowth!

Why Meowth? Well, let's just say that Meowth's last habitat was in Johto back in Generation IV, with no habitat and only found on Yancy in Generation V, and still no habitat in Generation VI. It doesn't even have a habitat in Hoenn, being found only by trade. So it's technically one of the most rare wild Pokémon in the last four generations, and yet it's a feature in the anime as part of Team Rocket! So, once I level it enough, I figure breeding it with my Lv.100 perfect Ditto will give me some great items for Wonder Trading!

Just looked it up on Serebii and you're right: For something that you see every day on the anime I would've thought that it would be more popular haha. Seeing this has kinda got me wanting to do a few 'rare wild' breeds of my own in fancy balls, because. Good luck! Are you shooting for any IVs/moves in particular?

At present I'm working on a 5IV, Inner Focus Darumaka. About one box in. I've acquired a perfect one, but it doesn't have the appropriate ability or a helpful nature! Agh!

How would you even go about optimizing a Zen Mode Darmartian haha, don't think I've ever seen one o.o. What natures are you shooting for on it? But at least you have a great splitback/parent to use for later breeds so its not a total waste o:

--

Did a breeding project for someone here and it reminded me about how much I hate doing HA pokemon with skwered Male Ratios:

Naive | Overgrow | Male
    x/31/31/31/31/31 OR 31/31/x/31/31/31
    Low Kick | Leaf Storm | Nasty Plot | Grass Whistle

This took the better part of a day to get, lord x_x. The worst part is that I'll probably still try and shoot for 6V in the end :| Finding more things to breed and procrastinate defog scizor on is going swimmingly!

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I want a Treecko with Dragon breath, grasswhistle, and leech seed
    I have the grasswhistle egg move and dragon breath, but now I need a female.
    I want at least 3IV (I don't think I have a pokemon to breed with that have more than 3 or 4 :/ )

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Just looked it up on Serebii and you're right: For something that you see every day on the anime I would've thought that it would be more popular haha. Seeing this has kinda got me wanting to do a few 'rare wild' breeds of my own in fancy balls, because. Good luck! Are you shooting for any IVs/moves in particular?
    Not really, I just wanted to get some Meowth out there in the WT since I'm tired of seeing Froakie and Fletchling. Of course, I got a couple of those back, too. What really gives me lulz is when a Magikarp comes in exchange for something; one such chain happened today when I sent out a Pichu and got a Froakie; I sent Froakie out for ANOTHER Froakie, then got a Magikarp. For lulz it went back out after the checker confirmed no multiple-IVs and I got Korinne's Lucario from someone else. Interesting.

That Pichu? A breeding reject so to speak, I bred a dozen to work towards a perfect IV Volt Tackle Pichu (which will become my Raichu) and have a few 4IV ones now. No need to EV train them since they're for eventual breeding, but I might train one anyway.

And I'm still sending out Meowth and others, too. Here's a hilarious tidbit. I found out that the Persian I'm using for breeding is a Shiny. To the point I found this, at Lv.60, I didn't know as I didn't catch the difference in Unova, where it was born! Thankfully I think I cloned it before import, so I can get more.

Future project: Stantler!

Years
  • Just looked it up on Serebii and you're right: For something that you see every day on the anime I would've thought that it would be more popular haha. Seeing this has kinda got me wanting to do a few 'rare wild' breeds of my own in fancy balls, because. Good luck! Are you shooting for any IVs/moves in particular?

How would you even go about optimizing a Zen Mode Darmartian haha, don't think I've ever seen one o.o. What natures are you shooting for on it? But at least you have a great splitback/parent to use for later breeds so its not a total waste o:

--

Did a breeding project for someone here and it reminded me about how much I hate doing HA pokemon with skwered Male Ratios:

Naive | Overgrow | Male
    x/31/31/31/31/31 OR 31/31/x/31/31/31
    Low Kick | Leaf Storm | Nasty Plot | Grass Whistle

This took the better part of a day to get, lord x_x. The worst part is that I'll probably still try and shoot for 6V in the end :| Finding more things to breed and procrastinate defog scizor on is going swimmingly!

I hate those kind of breeds as well ,but that is an awesome pansage:)

I want a Treecko with Dragon breath, grasswhistle, and leech seed
    I have the grasswhistle egg move and dragon breath, but now I need a female.
    I want at least 3IV (I don't think I have a pokemon to breed with that have more than 3 or 4 :/ )

With the upcoming new mega form, That is an awesome sounding treecko! I might have to find something to give you for a scrap one;)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I hate those kind of breeds as well ,but that is an awesome pansage:)

With the upcoming new mega form, That is an awesome sounding treecko! I might have to find something to give you for a scrap one;)
    I actually have a perfect Ditto. I am hoping to create the Treecko female he seeks. But females are rare in starters, so it's a needle in a haystack when the IVs chosen randomize every time.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    So, after several internal breeding sessions with various Pokémon (including getting a few Pichu to breed high-IV Volt Tackle Pichu eventually and a session getting a box and a half of Ralts trying to get someone a Timid one, and keeping nine 3IV Ralts for future use), I've returned to my Meowth breeding. I took a male 4IV and a female 5IV (unfortunately both 5IVs were female) and leveled them up to learn some moves. I them headed to Route 7 and stuck them in the daycare. Not counting the other 5IV I got from the perfect Ditto, what I have so far:

5IV - 2
    4IV - 10
    3IV - 4
    2IV - 2

Naturally, anything 2-3 IV will be Wonder Traded (6 total). I think the commonness of the 4IV means they're going, as well (16). I'll keep trying for my 5IV and, ultimately, 6IV, but at least they're all hatching with the same moveset, so I can swap in a male 5IV if I want to improve my odds.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Given it's been a few days, I'll excuse the fact that this is a technical double post. Just reporting the good news that my first 6IV Pokémon, a Quiet Vullaby knowing Steel Wing, hatched today under the lights of Prism Tower in Lumiose City. The proud parents, the father a Skarmory and both 5IV themselves, request privacy at this time. I meanwhile scrambled to create a new PC box, called 6IV (next to where 5IV is located), to make a unique space for any such entry.

If I get more 6IVs, I'll edit them in here.

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Going for mesuda method eevee 30 eggs down probably hundreds to go I haven't even beaten the elite four yet!

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Just the shiny at the minute never caught or bred one before so it's a little mission! Wanna start iv breeding after elite 4 :)

Back