• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently playing? V4

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Playing through Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag right now. Having so much fun with sailing that the Jackdaw is almost fully upgraded while I'm still at Sequence 7 lmao
    Not a fan of all these trailing missions though.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I finished Ori and the Will of the Wisps last night. Definitely better and easier than the first game that's for sure. More enjoyable as well. Great music that I was actually able to enjoy. Blind Forest had great music too don't get me wrong but I couldn't really enjoy it due to getting frustrated every couple of minutes it felt like. Very emotional too. Game did a great job making me hate the main antagonist that's for sure lol.

Honestly... I didn't like the way the game ended. Sorry. I just didn't. Not because it was bad per se... and it actually made sense honestly and obviously... but I just don't like when games end like that. I just don't. Because I still just feel like 'well what was the point then?' I won't outright say it but you'll know what I mean if you've played it I guess.
    Spoiler:

Either way it was still enjoyable and very cutesy. Had a better time than the first game too. Great overall. But clearly... the franchise is over with that ending. RIP. I guess.

Astro's Playroom is technically next for me but it's a very short game with an easy Platinum but it's a cutesy Platformer so why not? lol. Sackboy A Big Adventure after that. My first 'official' PS5 game... 😮

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
  • Besides the usual stuff in my Violet version, I've been going through another LoZ: OoT playthrough. I've already done this too many times, however, I recently realized that I've never actually gotten all 100 Gold Skulltullas in any playthrough, so that's my goal this time, even though the reward for it is totally useless by time you're that far into the game. In order to make it interesting, while I do remember where many of them are at, I'm forcing myself to not use any game guide to tell me where they are. I'm about halfway there, not too sure I've gotten all the young Link ones that are available yet, aside from the ones by the Spirit Temple which I don't have access to yet. I feel like it would be a lot more fun if the reward for getting all 100 was something much better, though.

Also, this time I gave Link a certain name for moments like these...
    Spoiler:

FullMetal_Ashheart

The Heart and Soul of Fire
    Years
  • Finally getting around to playing Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix. It's one of three games in the series that I never got to finish playing along with Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Celeste!
    It's tough, it's fun, it's charming!
    Feels very frustrating when you die a lot but when you finally finish a screen it feels so satisfying

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I finished Sackboy: A Big Adventure last night. I didn't manage to do everything... but things got pretty difficult and frustrating for me near the end... so I did what I could and did what I thought I could do. All in all... I should not have underestimated this game. I really shouldn't have. It's a lesson learned though I suppose. Well... I hope so at least lol. As the saying goes... you can't 'judge a book by it's cover' and that's most definitely the case here. This game is actually a REALLY good platformer and far better than I was expecting. A really fun (albeit frustrating and overly hard near the end at least for me) experience. Not only that... GOD DAMN THE MUSIC IN THIS GAME. SO GOD DAMN GOOD. I can't praise it enough I really can't. Probably the BEST soundtrack I've heard in a Platformer in a really long time. I won't say ever because that's probably stretching it but DAMN IS IT GOOD. Look it up on YouTube if you want (or just play the game and experience it for yourself like I did lol). It even uses licensed music and what it uses is pretty great too (so be careful if you stream it lol). Just overall great.

All in all... great game. PlayStation doesn't realize what it has under it's nose. It literally has two platformers to make up for the loss of Crash and Spyro (if that happens). It's just sad they'll never realize this. Maybe they will... but my expectations are basically 'bottom of the barrel' when it comes to something like this. I'd definitely play another game like this. Not sure I'd play LittleBigPlanet (it would depend honestly) but if another Sackboy platformer is ever made... I'll be there to support it for sure.

Now I finally get to play the game that was the whole reason I wanted to a PS5 in the first place lol. No not FF16 that comes much later lol. That was just a bonus. I'm talking about... Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart. I've heard the Platinum is easy so I'll be attempting that. Install times are pretty ridiculous for PS5 games from what I've experienced so far so if I don't start it tonight then tomorrow for sure.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Giving Trails in the Sky SC a second chance after dropping it a few years ago. I hope I can finish it this time.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Playing ANNO: Mutationem on the Switch, a cyberpunk action-adventure game. 10 hours into it right now and it's been very enjoyable so far. Quite a few spelling errors in the dialogue though, not too much to put me off at least.

Years
  • New Tales from the Borderlands.
    It came with a download code for Tales from the Borderlands as well, which I already played long ago on Steam. Grabbed and played it anyway to jog my memory just in case the sequel makes any references or wants to use the previous game's save date for something.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Giving Trails in the Sky SC a second chance after dropping it a few years ago. I hope I can finish it this time.

It starts off slow but eventually it gets worth it. Totally understandable though, it took me two drops to eventually convince myself to play it. I had played Trails of Cold Steel earlier so I knew some key plot points which I was curious to see play out in Sky SC.

Me, I'm in the final chapter of Celeste. It'd been excruciatingly difficult experience since I suck at platformers...but a thoroughly enjoyable experience nonetheless as the theme of climbing a mountain to overcome your inner struggles resonated with me.

I'm also re-playing Mario and Luigi Dream Team

Years
  • Klonoa: Door to Phantomile.

Bought the Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series for the Switch quite a while ago, been wanting to play it too but forgot about it xD

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I finished Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart last night. I didn't get 'true' 100% I guess... but I did manage to get the Platinum and all Collectibles (all Gold Bolts, Lorbs, Armor, Spybots, etc.). That's pretty decent if you ask me... as well as 'good enough' lol

So... honestly... even though I feel like this game is too short (most of the games in this franchise are anymore) I suppose it is technically better to have a great experience that's short than something that feels like it's 'overly padded' or whatever wording you want to use is. That's pretty much what this game is. Possibly too short... but a great experience from start to end. The best story in the franchise since the initial PS3 trilogy of R&C (Ratchet & Clank) games. Great character development for the new characters too despite the amount of time they had to tell it. They may not need to do anything else (though obviously more could be explored). Biggest areas probably in the entire franchise in some cases (from what I can remember at least) and a great amount of variety for what you do (controlling different characters and the different puzzles and such).

So yeah... probably the best R&C game since Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty and A Crack In Time. I'm not sure what happened during that time with those other games... and I'm not saying they were bad... but they certainly weren't 'good' either IMO. That reboot game... wasn't a good idea either if you ask me. It was... fine. But that's all I can say about it. Hopefully... this is a sort of 'return to form' for this franchise. Which probably needed it. We won't know until the next game... if there is one... and whenever that is. Considering how long games tend to take to make now... likely not for another 5 to 10 years... *sighs* Oh well I guess.

I really enjoyed my time with this game. That's all that really matters. Like I said, IMO, it's the best game in the franchise since the initial PS3 trilogy games.

Next up... NO WAY. IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING. I GET TO ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME I LEGITIMATELY THOUGHT WAS NOTHING BUT A PIPE DREAM. What game is that you ask? TWEWY2. Neo: TWEWY. Neo: The World Ends With You.

Yeah... I can't be unbiased with this game in all likelihood. Could you? If you played a game you thought was nothing but a pipe dream? Didn't think so. So you'll just have to forgive me as I act like a fangirl for the next couple of weeks to a month lol

Years
  • Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil

Finished the first one after grinding up lives as I game overed once on Vision 6-2.
    The first one ended up quite a bit harder than I was expecting... hopefully the second one doesn't go as crazy... but it probably will lol

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends
    Playing the Mercenary Mode to level up Yoshimoto and collect some Orbs. Some games just never gets old.

Pokemon Omega Ruby
    Doing a modded playthrough, just reached Fortree City after battling the rival.

Back