• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] What are you hoping for?

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
  • Good post-game content, not just the typical "here's the list of legendaries, go catch them" type. Less cut scenes. I love cut scenes but USUM's are just too long. And of course Sinnoh starter megas

PC is less smiley all the time: Please let our player characters emote.

Let them move their lips for once, instead of just smiling at you strangely.

Last edited:
    Years
  • i'm hoping for that classic pokemon feel. but with galar i also want a medieval sort of aura but so far, i'm honestly impressed with what's been revealed. more features won't hurt either. just remove rotom dex (or at least have an option to disable it) and i'll give an automatic 7/10

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    A gigantic immersive world, rewarding postgame, gimmicky social features (yes I actually really want these—online secret bases and seeing your friends on TV pls??), as few invisible walls as possible, and faster battles.

I think one of Game Freak's biggest talents was making an incredibly immersive world out of something that looked like a board game. Before X/Y, even though everything looked smaller, everything felt so much bigger IMO. I'm a little worried that as we transition more and more to 3D, it's going to take Game Freak more and more time to completely figure out how to make a region feel enormous. But still hopeful and excited for these games nonetheless. :)

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2021
    I really enjoyed having powerful trainers (gym leaders, elite four, bosses, etc.) on speed dial so that I could battle them at least once per day. I thought that was great.

Also, not sure if they're going to do this for a while, but I think being able to go to multiple regions would be a HUGE plus.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I'd like to see some kind of royalty/noble house element to the story if they're really going for a UK vibe since that is such a big part of our history. I'd also like some new fossil Pokemon!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • A more expansive, more explorable region without a lot of borders. Judging by the teaser, the region looks really beautiful. It would be a shame if they did let you roam without a lot of obstacles. No more people dancing for no reason at all. An actual post-game that is not just some battle facility and an actual side quest. More online content like connectivity to Switch Online.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    I'd like to see Seasonal Events (limited time pokemon available to catch in game?), and expanded end game. Being on the switch, I hope the game is longer than recent games, something like HG/SS with essentially another game after you win the league.

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
    Years
  • The one major thing I want to see is that our character we use is not permenantly stuck on one singluar emotionless smiling face like with what we had before.

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
    Years
  • I want a sandslash evolution. I have been wanting one since 4th gen and they gave us this shitty NU tier Ice sandslash. I want an actual evolution.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Honestly more ice types and hopefully more ghost types. Some pokemon that are based on lore would be cool, like hellhounds and stuff. Good character customization and more styles, rich post game story, and battle facilities. I honestly won't be too big of a fan of more alternate types like the alolan types but if they're there then that's pretty cool too. Good rival story too.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    A free moving camera please and thank you!
    Haha yes pls

I'm hoping for an actual story. Not wanting to get my hopes up, but it would be nice. Alola started to do a decent job, but they can do better.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    Right now, I think my biggest want is the return of regional variants.
    More specifically, I'd like a heavy bias towards Galar forms of Sinnoh pokemon. I wouldn't even mind if only Sinnoh pokemon got Galar forms.
    Especially with Sinnoh remakes (hopefully) on their way soon. That way we could maybe have the Galar forms be usable in the next game too.

My top contenders for Galar forms are:
    Roserade becoming Grass/Dark, Grass/Steel, or Grass/Fighting as reference to the War of the Roses
    Drifblim becoming a Steel/Flying zeppelin
    Bronzong becoming a reference to Big Ben
    And the Shinx line, the Gible line, the Riolu line, and the Croagunk line would be good picks too.

In a similar vein, this would also be a great time to add more Burmy, Wormadam, and Rotom forms so we could use them in the Sinnoh remakes too.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2019
    I wouldn't mind more options to change the look of my character, I guess that would be cool instead of blowing all your money on clothing. But I feel they should do A LOT more double battles, like they did in GX and Colosseum. It offers far more strategy, instead of straight battles all the time. That gets boring. I'd like a game of almost entirely double battles!

For the games in general, I wish Nintendo would give a very early option in every Pokemon game to catch an Eevee, so you automatically get a choice of practically whatever type you want or feel your lacking. And those weak element monkeys are garbage! They did that in GX, why can't they do that in the normal Pokemon games??

Last edited:
    Years
  • A nice post game full of content and real time events like those on HGSS, maintain the day/night cicle, maintain costumizable character and a nice and decent online mode, tegra x1 is more than capable to do a decent online mode.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • A nice post game full of content and real time events like those on HGSS

Let's face it, a lot of us want a more fulfilling postgame. GF have been pushing towards episodic content nowadays and when it's over, it's just like any other traditional postgame, where you have your battle facility and that's it.

Years
  • Let's face it, a lot of us want a more fulfilling postgame. GF have been pushing towards episodic content nowadays and when it's over, it's just like any other traditional postgame, where you have your battle facility and that's it.

I understand you point is pretty much a GF think beat the league, get through some kind of episode, battles and get the battle facility, but I've read when Nintendo launch the switch, for GF tegra X1 is a challenge, they never worked on a powerful architecture like tegra and let's face it all hardware they worked before is really crappy, but with the switch they could explore the architecture and do good stuff for sword and shield or make the base game and then introduce some kind of free dlc

Back