• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you looking forward to?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
  • ITT: Is there any media that you're particularly looking forward to?

I was just thinking about this since I can't wait for the next Sherlock Holmes movie :/

Years
  • I'm looking forward to the Muppets movie. I love the Muppets. I'm planning on watching a bunch of their movies and episodes before I see this one.

What are you looking forward to?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I know it's already out, but I'm looking forward to seeing the new Winnie the Pooh movie. I don't think I'm going to get to see it in theaters, but when it comes out on Blu-ray, I want to make sure and get it. I'm a sucker for Pooh, his friends and their adventures in the One-hundred Acre Woods.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • It's time for a list-a-roony:

• Season 3 of Community and The Good Wife: These are probably my two favourite shows airing episodes at the moment, and I can't wait for them to return in September/October
    • A trio of films that debuted at the Cannes Film Festival: Drive - an 80s throwback action film with Ryan Gosling that looks amazing and has received amazing word of mouth; The Artist - a silent-film throwback that's technically French but is... silent, so it's being pushed for awards season; Melancholia - Lars von Trier is crazy, and this seems strangely sedate, so I really want to see it.
    • The new Los Campesinos! album: they're probably my favourite band releasing music today, so a new release by them is always good.
    • Book of Mormon: I know it's technically out, but I'm waiting for it to either come to London or for me to go to New York. Either way, I'm seeing it, goddammit!
    I think that's it. There are more films and TV series, but the ones listed above are the ones I'm most looking forward to. Yay!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Oh! How could I forget this? I'm also highly anticipating:

• Season 3 of The Vampire Diaries
    • The premiere of The Secret Circle
    • The premiere of Terra Nova
    • The premiere of Ringer
    • Season 3 of Glee
    • The premiere of New Girl
    • The US premiere of The X Factor
    My DVR is going to have a lot of fun with me this coming Fall. n__n

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    The upcoming Chili Peppers album. I didn't like Stadium Arcadium, but I'm always interested to see what they do.

Upcoming Björk album. It's Björk, what more reason do I need?

Mastodon's upcoming album. I loved Crack the Skye, got high hopes for this too.

Both Godflesh and The Mars Volta are making new albums, and I'm very excited for those. Might not be this year though.
    Godflesh's reunion is probably the best musical event for me in my lifetime, so I'm following them closely!

And of course, The Dark Knight Rises.

Years
  • The completion of season 6 in Doctor Who as in New Zealand we are on a mid-season break.

The Dark Knight Rises. I really hope it is just as good as the Dark Knight

I'm also really looking forward to Skyrim, Batman Arkham City and Battlefield 3.

Oh and anymore Muse would be greatly appreciated :)

Peace Out

Last edited:

Ayselipera

Off the top of my head I'm very excited for MGMT's new album along with Kanye West's. As for movies the only one I can think of that I'm highly anticipating is The Hobbit. Usually I have quite a few movies in mind, but I haven't seen anything else that looks that great.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Someone already beat me too it! Oh and I second the Muppet Movie, I love the Muppets! and the Winnie The Pooh Movie

I wanna see Scream 4 and I can't wait to see Paranormal Activity 3 and the trailer has just been released which makes me wanna see it even more!

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • I can't wait for the film The Avengers coming out next summer. I saw the teaser at the end of Captain America and it made me want to see it even more.

Yeah, I just came from Captain America just now too. 60% of the theatre left the movie before credits and missed the trailer, though. I guess I'm mostly excited to see it crossover with the Iron Man movies too. And Thor.

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    I'm looking very forward to Trivium's next album, In Waves. Eyes Set To Kill is also coming out with an EP around the same time, White Lotus, something I'm also looking forward to.

As for other elements of media like TV and movies, I'm looking forward to Captain America. I haven't seen it yet, but I heard it's awesome.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I cannot wait for the first The Hunger Games movie to come out. I will be wanting to watch that.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Personally, it's Kamen Rider Fourze that I'm looking forward to.

It premieres in September.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Television
    - Season 3 of The Good Wife - it's such an amazing show, everything that happens is a power play. It's like watching the world's most fascinating game of chess.
    - Season 3 of Glee - yeah shut up it's good lol
    - Season 8 of Desperate Housewives - even in it's eighth season it is still as smart and snappy as it was when it first began
    - Season 8 of Grey's Anatomy - despite the lacklustre Season 7 finale, there are still some points I need to see play out. Plus, it's an awesome show.
    - Season 5 of Private Practice - see Grey's Anatomy.
    - Season 5 of The Big Bang Theory - I haven't even finished watching Season 4 yet and I'm already impatient for more Sheldon.

Movies
    - Bad Teacher
    - Horrible Bosses
    - The Help
    - Cabin in the Woods - Anything Joss Whedon directs is something I have to see.
    - The Avengers - see 'Cabin in the Woods'.
    - Breaking Dawn: Part 1 - The Twilight movies get a lot of hate, but I think that's a mistake and here's why: They are the most unintentionally hilarious movies you will ever see in your lives. They are so bad they're good. I go to the midnight sessions so that I'm already dead tired and then spend two hours trying not to die of laughter.
    - Breaking Dawn: Part 2 - see 'Breaking Dawn: Part 1'
    - Friends with Benefits - doesn't look like anything special, but it looks funny regardless.
    - One Day - seems like an interesting concept and I love Anne Hathaway
    - The Iron Lady - Meryl Streep <3
    - The Dark Knight Rises - I actually can't stand Batman, I find it boring, but something about Anne Hathaway as Catwoman makes me want to see this badly.
    - Cleopatra - it's not coming out until 2013, but this would have to be the single thing I'm looking forward to the most in the world. Angelina Jolie as Cleopatra? Mind blown.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm looking forward GD&TOP Vol. 2, Taeyang's new solo album, and Seungri's new solo album. As they've put BIGBANG on hold, they're all working on solo work, and hopefully they'll have some good solo albums :)

Back