• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What are you most looking forward to in Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver?

Best Reigon?

• Johto

Votes: 127 84.1%
  • Kanto

Votes: 24 15.9%

• Total voters

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Firstly Silver was my favourite Pokemon game of them all which is reason enough. Lugia is close to my favourite Pokemon of all time. But the memories are what will make this game for me. My fondest Pokemon related memories are generally tied to the second generation. Plus I feel that the G/S/C versions had the greatest level of balance between quality vs quantity with it's Pokemon and it was probably the last generation where the legendaries actually meant something (at least to me they did). Plus the whole 16 badges and the massive surprise when I finally ran into Red. Plus Silver is still the only game where I managed to catch them all! (251) Still have that saved game as well. All in all this is the most important Pokemon release to me since the original G/S/C.
    That's an amazing feat, 251 Pokemon! You must have really enjoyed Silver like me.

Anyway, all the reasons above are also valid to me. Pokemon Silver was my favourite game of all time and I'll always love it, even when HG/SS get released.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    I want to see all of the Pokemon follow me (not all at once, of course)

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    For some reason I always keep my sound turned off on my DS. I'll have to make sure to keep it on while playing HG/ SS so I can hear some of the new music.

Maarton

Johto Master
    Years
    Im looking forward to finally travel with my pokémon outside of its pokéball, and truly experience how it is to be a trainer!

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Im looking forward to finally travel with my pokémon outside of its pokéball, and truly experience how it is to be a trainer!
    A lot of people say that, but it's already been done in Yellow people. I guess the only difference is the choice of Pokemon and enhanced graphics. XD;

Maarton

Johto Master
    Years
    I guess you're right, but the fact that you can choose witch pokémon is to follow you is a big step that we have not seen before! in yellow there was only pikachu, and the graphics was not that great.
    anyway im really looking forward to this new feature :)

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    You'll only truly experience that when Nintendo comes out with the VRii (Virtual Reality + Wii)
    That would be cool

Years
    Well, I'm looking forward to playing in Johto for the first time, as well as various new stuff added in. It looks like a long fulfilling gmae, so all the more reason for me to wait with eager anticipation.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    More than most, I am looking forward to experiencing the travel in Johto once more. It was a great region overall, the Pokémon found within the Johto were one of the bests, and the journey itself was enjoying. So, to relive it all in the remakes with the newer features included will be something to look forward to.

Other than this, the new areas included and like stated the features is something that has caught my attention and interests me to play the game more than when it was first called for.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    The one thing that most makes me smile about this was that, after SO LONG, I'm finally returning to Johto, in a better graphical state than ever, with some old features I really missed that were removed in later generation games and some new features I expected would be added in.

Johto was the best for me. And always will be.

CrashmanX

Mechamon
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    Main reason, Jhoto. I never got tired of it no matter how many times I played, the region just seem built well and nice, plus I loved that I could go to Kanto and beat the gym leaders there as well.

HyparBeem

n00b? Hell no.
    Years
    I'm just looking foward to playing it! A GSC remake is just total genius. But I am curious as to how it would be to travel in Kanto, and how Kanto would look like with the DS's graphics...hmmm.

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
    Years
    The Johto Region! ^^ Johto was my absolute favorite and I played Silver everyday as a kid :D I also miss Team Rocket, they were awesome. HG SS Music Too! ^^

Last edited:
    Back