• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What are your favorite Legendary Pokemon in Black and White?

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    My initial favorites were the Tao trio, mainly Zekrom. However, with the release of the different forms in B2/W2 I like the Kami trio much more. I originally thought that they were too similar and boring, but with their new forms I really enjoy the design of Landorus.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I love them all (except the Shinto gods...I'm a little more neutral on their design but I love their competitive side), but my favorites have to be Keldeo, Virizion, Reshiram, Kyurem, Meloetta, and Victini (in that order).

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • I have to say Victini, it's just so cute! Used it on my first playthrough of Black too (a bit cheap, I know).

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I don't particularly like any of them. But Cobalion and his story/personality appeals to me. And my headcanon for Kyurem made me like it quite a lot but that kind of got crushed by B2/W2. So Cobalion is my favourite out of the many, many options.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Reshiram. I loved it's design so much. It caught my eye right away when I first saw it when it was revealed and was like "Woah, what is that?" I found it very beautiful and is a great type that we haven't seen before. When I think of Pokemon Black and White, my mind automatically goes to Reshiram.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Out of Zekrom/Reshiram, I like Reshiram. I bought Black because I didn't like the look of Zekrom. And now, I don't like Zekrom's type, either.

I have yet to get the Victini someone has for me. It might become my favourite as it's cute and I like what it stands for.

Other legendaries (except Tornadus and two of the Musketeers) are not caught yet, so I will reserve further comment until I have them (Thundurus will be a trade).

Cyclone

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Cobalion, Virizion, Meloetta, Reshiram, and Genesect are my favorite legendary Pokémon from B/W. I like them mostly because of their design. Their designs are really awesome, in my opinion. I've never caught any of them when playing the game, though (except for Reshiram).

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • I like Keldeo and Victini.

Keldeo because Unicorns are the shiz, Victini just 'cause it's a cutie, and I like Pyschic types.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Out of this generation's legendaries, my favorite would have to be Virizion. I have a shiny EV'd one and it's amazing. I love its design and color. It's one of the few Pokemon that looks good shiny and non-shiny. :) I also like Cobalion and Victini but Virizion is definitely my favorite.

atmmachine11

Jumping portals since 1997.
    Years
  • Keldeo. It has a nice combination of awesome and adorable at the same time, and he looks like he does not take s*** from anyone. Total boss.

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Volcarona. I've been dreaming for a bug legendary since GS and boy did they delivered!!

Birthday Thunder

Venus (Event Archivist)
    Years
  • Probably a tie between Reshiram and Virizion. I have a shiny virizion and I must say, pink looks great on it. I would have a shiny Reshiram too but alas it's shiny checked in game so I cant SR for it. All in all, both look especially suave to me ^__~

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    He is a legendary? Oh geez I did not even know > . < and I even put him on one of the elite fours team im making...

It is not, I forgot that it can breed, my bad :p

So, actually, my favorite legendary would be Cobalion, because it looks like my cat.

Years
  • Volcarona is most certainly not a legendary! It evolves from larvesta (and the only way to get a larvesta is by egg) which are two things legendaries don't do. (the exception for being able to breed being Manaphy) Plus, it's stats are 550 and legendaries are at least 600. The only bug type legendary is Genesect.

As to the original post, I'm not a super big fan of legendaries in general, but I guess I'd say I like Zekrom and Victini the most. The musketeers scare me (their faces are too human! :O) and I'm not a huge fan of the genies. Meloetta is okay and Genesect is pretty cool, just not my favorite. (same with reshiram)

So, yup! Zekrom and Victini all the way!!!
    :D

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    As to the original post, I'm not a super big fan of legendaries in general, but I guess I'd say I like Zekrom and Victini the most. The musketeers scare me (their faces are too human! :O) and I'm not a huge fan of the genies. Meloetta is okay and Genesect is pretty cool, just not my favorite. (same with reshiram)

So, yup! Zekrom and Victini all the way!!!
    :D

I thought that too about the Musketeers at first too! Actually when looking closely, Virizion is probably the worst yet it's one of the better looking of the three overall. BUT EVEN WITH THAT IN MIND, they're basically my most used legendaries in competitive play because they're all so amazing and more powerful than their faces let on!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

I thought that too about the Musketeers at first too! Actually when looking closely, Virizion is probably the worst yet it's one of the better looking of the three overall. BUT EVEN WITH THAT IN MIND, they're basically my most used legendaries in competitive play because they're all so amazing and more powerful than their faces let on!
    I think Virizion is one of the best looking legendaries out there (for Unova at the least). :[

Back