• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are your proudest or most embarassing sweeping moments?

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    I have two recent battles that I would like to first talk about and then my question shall follow.

I play a lot of free battles and challenge passer by's and i had recently decided to build a new team [Ninjask, Heracross, Hydreigon, Talonflame, Golurk, Mega Lucario] and to test it out I choose a passer by. I can only assume that they were of the younger generation what I would call a "I want to win so I will get the strongest Pokémon and if I don't beat you my daddy will" trainer [Mega Mewtwo X, Xerneas, Yvelta, Zapdos, Darkrai, Groudon].

I have no idea why he didn't lead with the obvious Darkrai, but maybe he looked at my squad and thought he could sweep with Mewtwo, but i did go with the obvious Ninjask. I always lead with sword dance regardless and just hope for the best. Well the best happened, he used protect. So I then went with protect and then swords dance - and the most fantastic thing happened he protected again. I decided I would use this move into protect to my advantage.

He attacked my protect, I then proceeded to sword dance as he then protected so I finally used my substitute, but he went for a back-to-back protect allowing me to batton pass out (with the substitute still in place) to my Moxie Heracross. With the Substitute taking the hit I went with Extreme speed taking the +attack. and from there Alternating between Extreme speed and Close combat - I proudly swept until he disconnected. I shall take that as a sweep.

The second story is me showing the fact I'm still learning. A team built round Charizard X [Metagoss, Gerninja, Talonflame, Garchomp, Heracross] I was challenged by a passer by, who led with his Kangaskhan as I led with my Gerninja.

He took to the mega stone where I took to U-turn bringing in Charizard .... Now I already can see you asking why didn't you use a water move ... Well I thought exactly the same when the U-turn finally came off. And I have no idea how he knew but he used Surf.

And from there, he must have had EV in Def and Sp. Def because even though I out paced him I could never take him out. He used a combination of Surf, Mega Punch, Power Up Punch and Thunderbolt to clean me out .... A complete sweep. :(

So (hoping to stayed round to finally get to the question), Do you have any proud sweeping moment or embarrassing sweeping moments?

Also, who is your go to sweeper? I do like a Heracross if you can pull it off, or a Dragonite.

Years
    Was that a warstory attempt?

If you're looking at all-time favorite sweeps, mine would be in a GSC OU game on PO a couple of months ago. 300 turns of trying to break through my opp, I was able to force my opp into a tight corner with several double switces to force the opposing mon into KO range due to Spikes, so my Espeon could pull out the Growth and KO the opposing Ttar, and thus, my Lax was free to clean. God, I love GSC.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    swept an ou team with subdrum salac zard once lol

Last edited:
    Years
    I can tell of some pretty cool sweeps I pulled off in some random battles.

There was one where I swept 5/6 of the opponent's team with a Vivillon after it received a Baton Passed Calm Mind boost from the Espeon I led with. Sadly Vivillon got KO'd by hail set up by an Abomasnow meaning it just fell short of a 6-0 sweep.

Another one I did was 6-0 sweep with just one Pokemon. It was a Feraligatr that I set up with a +2 Attack and Speed boost from Dragon Dance beforehand, and then proceeded to take everything out.

There was also a LC Randbat where I swept 4/6 of my opponent's team with a Krabby. Once that Krabby went down, I finished off his last two Pokemon with a Cacnea.

But my fave of all was this moment from a LC Randbat where I sweep my opponent 6-0 with an Amaura... and it ended up getting the stat boost from Ancient Power twice in a row. It was even more of a slap in the face to the opponent given he had lots of Rock weaknesses on his team.

Years
    I don't have any saved battles so I'm doing this from memory.
    My proudest moment was with a normal monotype team. My Dunsparce swept the other OU team with coil boosted paraflinch rock slides. I felt kinda bad for them.
    On the flip side, my most shameful sweeping moment would have to be the first time I battled a Charizard X. I was using another normal monotype team and my best hope was Cinccino's Rock Blast or Snorlax's EQ. Yeah, I know.

Dark Phantom Samurai

Finesse & Perfection
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    My Regigigas Knocked out all of my opposition, without dying. He annihilated all 6 pokemon of my opponents team. He was using a Garchomp, Salamance, Weavile, Chandelure, Skarmory and Metagross. {yeah i wasn't expecting to win easily either...}

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
    I was facing a mono psychic team and was losing 5-2. I rapid spinned with my tentecruel and it died. Next, I set up a swords dance with weavile as my opponent switched out. I set up another as I was brought down to focus sash. I swept with knock off and ice shard.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    Losing a game horribly on the UU ladder on smogon, decided why not just CM boost with Slowbro since I had already lost.

Got to x4/x4 and was paralyzed (so no toxic could get through me). I wasn't able to "sweep" exactly, but Slowbro was unkillable. However, my luck was terrible with the parahax happening so I was never able to kill any of my opponents pokemon. I was able to Slack Off each time I got below 50% though which eventually caused him to forfeit.

I'll call it a sweep.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    After his first Pokemon took down my Staraptor..Bisharp stepped in.

Spoiler:

Years
    Pokemon Showdown:
    Ubers: the other guy had a whole team of dragons... utterly swept by my Xerneas... But i was more proud of the guy... he stuck though to the end while others had ragequit for less. Something I usually do even when I know I am going to lose I go fighting till my last breath.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    Did you mean to say you baton passed into Moxie Arcanine or Moxie Heracross? Either way, that was really nice capitalizing on your opponent spamming protect. :P

My proudest sweep was using Encore/Copycat Liepard in XY UU to trap a Cloyster into shell smashing, and then copying it to sweep the rest of his team. I also enjoyed pulling off Bulk Up Scrafty sweeps in BW OU and SD Unburden Sash Sceptile sweeps in XY NU. Neither of them are common sweepers in the tier, which makes it extra satisfying to me.

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
    Years
    Ferrothorn sweep

It's kinda funny how the opponent shuffles between Mandibuzz, Thundurus, and Sylveon but gets nowhere close to KO'ing Ferro. Not to mention Pinsir and Latios got shat on too.

tl;dr ragequit

Back