• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What are your thoughts on Team Galatic?

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    They're pretty insane. I greatly dislike their outfits and hair. At least Team Rocket's uniform looks more like, well, a standard uniform. Team Galactic's were (dare I say it?) out of this world.

All groan-worthy jokes aside, I also didn't like how they had Level 30 Wurmple. Then again, I have that complaint about all the evil teams. Rattatas? Poochyena? But Wurmples are really the definition of low. At least give them Dustox for goodness sakes. Can't these teams supply their men with semi-decent Pokemon? Maybe 10 year old kids will finally stop beating them.

To sum it all up: They're dangerous, which is great, but they're borderlining on insanity. They have no style. They can't get reasonable Pokemon for an evil team.

I don't really have a favorite team, by the way. They all have their own flaws.

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
    I don't believe they have a clear goal. They follow Cyrus as their boss in a Space thing business that not even they know what's about.

And Cyrus only objective is to change time and space rules, to whatever he thinks will make him powerful.

Come back Team Aqua, savers of the world!

Ayselipera

I think Team Galactic is a step up from the previous Team Aqua/Magma. They had a different style which was interesting to say the least. Their leader Cyrus was okay, but he didn't leave as much as an impression on me as Giovanni did. Still he did a better job then Artie and Maxie. The only thing I didn't like about them was that a lot of the grunts has bug type pokemon. It just made them that much easier to get through.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I liked their weakness, particularly in Platinum. It makes the bosses more challenging.

They had lots of backstory, which was good. Cyrus or Charon should return (Charon seems more of a TR-type than Galacticey person)

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I actually love Team Galactic. I love Team Rocket the best, always have and always will, but I thought Team Galactic were right behind them. I couldn't stand Team Magma/Aqua. They were probably the lousiest idea for an evil team I could think of. I hope they will never return. I like the idea that the Pokemon world has two teams to choose from. I loved Cyrus, and I thought Mars, Saturn and Jupiter were all badass. I would love to see them all return. Maybe not Cyrus because that would ruin his mysterious ending, but.

Inpu

Rocket Lieutenant
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2010
    At first, the henchmen kinda threw me off. I mean, they had that crazy cult thing going with the outfits and hair, and I have no idea what was with the Liverpool accents. However, I was hooked when I met Cyrus, especially down in the ruins. When he's talking about his plot, and the old woman piped up about how she likes the world the way it was, I actually shouted "Shut up you old coot, I'm trying to hear this guy! You're going to die tomorrow or something so who cares what you think about the world!".

Don't get me wrong, the Rockets will always be my favorite, but I think that Galactic actually got some things right.

Years
    Although I typically enjoy crazy anime hair, this team overdid it... They also had REALLY lame outfits. But it was more than just their apparel that made me like them the least. Reshaping everything to the way they like it by the use of legendary pokemon gets annoying. Team Rocket was different, even if their purpose was similar. Besides, "Team Rocket" didn't tell you what the whole friggen game was about, now did it?

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    I think they were... Original, atleast. I see them as kind of an religious cult, with Cyrus having a vision and telling the others what to do and about the world that will be their (his). And the grunts have no idea what's going on, they just dress up in their funny suits, grab their Wurmples (wth) and start obeying orders :P

I think it's interesting to note that they also had an open place in society, which most of the other teams didn't that much. TR was an open mafia, you knew they were evil. Magma/Aqua were crazy and no one liked them (in the game. I'm not dragging fans into this). Galactic was a bigass corporation, with TV-ads and everything. They were just odd. Then they started acting weirder, stealing peoples Cleafaires and God knows what, and before you know, they were all up in destroying the world.

I actually think they made a good job on this team. The story's very deep, and you kind of understand how the members feel, why they do hwat they do.

the Boss's crazy. And hard to beat.

(But Rocket's still the best. Simple but hardcore.)

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Vicious.. Power hungry. The Sky Pillar Battles made me go, "Woah, these ones show NO mercy!" Like they just Battle and scare with wacky ideas.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2013
    I definately liked Team Rocket more. But I thought Cyrus was much more difficult then any of the other battles. Battling him right before Giratina was rough for me. I barely made it through him the first time and then Giratina ripped the remaining bit of my team.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Team Galactic were... let's say, misguided. Most of them were taken in to this vision that Cyrus had, and mainly it was just Cyrus was a bit cuckoo and wanted to change the entire universe to make himself a God figure.

That's just a bit messed up. And I can't believe the rest of the team went along with it, dressing up silly and getting their hair done like that. :D

I have to say, though, my favourite team is a cross between the wierd but amazing clothing of the Magmas and the loveable 'evil' of Team Rocket.

Syrp

...And here comes the mystery.
    Years
    Oh, I always thought that they were the sort of company that promotes something like alien conspiracies and stuff.

But now I think of them as like Team Magma/Aqua on steroids.

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    I think Galactic was my favorite team. They actually seemed somewhat frightening, with their odd outfits and their dreams of destroying the world. But then it started happening. The coolest thing about the Galactic storyline was it set you up for this major legendary battle. "You win this, or the world is destroyed. Good luck." sort of thing. It made you feel like your character was more important than someone stopping some lowlife crooks (Rocket), and was more intense than preventing more land/water from appearing (Magma/Aqua). The backstory was really intriguing, especially when, in Platinum, it comes to light that Cyrus is only 27. It becomes apparent then, and when you meet the old couple in Sunnyshore that knew him and mention him, that something's different about this guy. The only downside is that they are laughably weak, the only times I actually had trouble beating them were the second time I battled Cyrus and each of the leaders. And that Spear Pillar team battle with your rival against Mars and Jupiter, they fainted half my team, and most of my rival's as well.

Gamefreaked

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    Team Galactic was to far fetched for me. With Team Rocket (my favorite) I could actually see them existing in the real world, like a mafia of sorts. But with Team Galactic, Cyrus was just a crazy sociopath who got beaten back by society. Do you know what normal people do when that happens? Nothing. Then the grunts were all pretty much idiots who could be beat off with one attack each pokemon and the admins weren't much better. Admittedly the admins were more creative with their own personalities which helps a bit but overall Team Galactic was a failed concept.

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    This is similar to my mt. coronet one. But yeah. So what do you think about Team Galatic? Do you think that they were pushovers? (sarcasim lol)

When I got diamond and I first saw TG I laughed. Their hair is like woah! The commander were a bit challenging for me. When you first fight (I frogot her name) but the one at the Windworks. The one with the Purugly xD, yeah that gave me a lot of trouble. I think TG stepped up their game a bit in Platinum. Espically Cyrus. HE'S A BEAST!

Honestly I expected more from them in Platinum. I know everyone basically quits and said they're going to live a normal life. I would love to see how Mars, Jupiter and Saturn look like in normal clothes and being all nice to me. They just poofed Galactic away after Stark Mountain. I wish they added more. Overall a pretty badass group.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
    To me there were absolutely ridiculous, but at least they score points for originality in a pokemon game. To me they were the craziest of the evil teams, going from the simple I want money attitude of TR to, "Hey let's make our own universe!11!!1!." To me that just makes me chuckle. Only think I hated about battling them were those terrible Stunkys!

Back