• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What are your thoughts on Team Galatic?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Aliens with afros haircuts xD

I found them pretty amusing, really. How they were gonna make tehre own world, or whatever. They could loose the alien look though, don't you think? xD

Pink Cashmere

Cherry Cherry Boom Boom
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2010
    I didn't really get the same feeling from them as a did from Team Rocket, or even Team Magma/Galactic to a certain extent. Cyrus was an interesting character, but I didn't really feel like he intimidated me too much. We knew he had intentions to destroy and rebuild the universe, but none of his actions really struck me as menacing. However, that may be where his charm lies: he wasn't in it for the sake of being evil, he was a man like any other; just with a misguided heart. That in itself may be terrifying.

But I think Team Rocket has to be the most menacing of all teams, in my opinion. They weren't exactly terrifying at face value, but then you got down to Lavender Town and they can be seen in a whole new light. They killed a Pokemon for God's sake, so who knows what else they're capable of? Who knows if the Marowak was the only one?

And those possibilities in themselves make Team Rocket the most menacing team to me.

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    I didn't really get the same feeling from them as a did from Team Rocket, or even Team Magma/Galactic to a certain extent. Cyrus was an interesting character, but I didn't really feel like he intimidated me too much. We knew he had intentions to destroy and rebuild the universe, but none of his actions really struck me as menacing. However, that may be where his charm lies: he wasn't in it for the sake of being evil, he was a man like any other; just with a misguided heart. That in itself may be terrifying.

But I think Team Rocket has to be the most menacing of all teams, in my opinion. They weren't exactly terrifying at face value, but then you got down to Lavender Town and they can be seen in a whole new light. They killed a Pokemon for God's sake, so who knows what else they're capable of? Who knows if the Marowak was the only one?

And those possibilities in themselves make Team Rocket the most menacing team to me.

Yeah but Team Galactic 9/11ed a lake. So killing a pokemon or blowing up a lake, What's more intense?

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I love Team Galactic <3

They have some of my most favorite pokemon (Purugly,Stunktank,Toxicroak,Weavile,Honchkrow,ect.)

Also have you noticed that all of the "Teams" have a space theme?Rockets (Spaceships) Magma and Aqua (The Earth) Galactic (Obvious?)

Any ways yeah,they made DPPt fun and exiting.I was even planning to make a Playthrough with Cyrus' Team

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    in my opinion story wise of TG, i thought they were pretty ridicolous. I guess they get points for having publicity and stuff, but it's like when cyrus is explaining himself with how emotions are pointless and what not, and he wants to restart the whole universe because of it, and THAT's his motive for doing what he's doing, i just get really confused. It's like he says one thing but he deffinately shows some hate and anger and some resentment in his actions and words, and even then he jus tosses it off like *these useless emotions* you know? He lies to his own team for his own plan, so he's also selfish. I also dont rly think it makes much sense the grunts work for TG when they're all brain dead on what they're ACTUALLY achieving. I didn't really find him lying to his grunts *evil* i honestly found it to be more manipulative and selfish on cyrus' part.

With the other teams, i felt it was more interesting with them then TG. With magma and aqua, they're trying to revive ancient pokemon to help *reform* the world and *not* destroy it. All the while having conflict with each other over what would happen with the world. In emerald they even tried controlling kyogre and groudon(when they were fighting) to stop them from destroying the world, but obviously failed. With team rocket, they were just these awesome criminals who (imo) had the most teamwork and coordination on their actions. They basically took over saffron city with silph co and would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for the player(gary didnt rly care) and they even owned a gym in viridian. They're also the only team that i know of that actually KILLED a pokemon, its too bad giovanni disappeared after all that though, but it goes to show that team rocket was still at it even without a leader, and that says something about how they operated.

I guess what im basically saying is that TG isn't exactly *beleivable* or as deep as the other teams have been. I felt it just came out of left field for them to appear and be like *Hey let's destroy the universe because emotions suck!*(with only a few to actually know what's happening while everyone else is being lied to) not only that, but their hair color is the same for every person, it's understandable for the uniform to be the same (such as magma and aqua for example) but why the hair?? The one thing TG does achieve though is making villains as cyrus, mars, jupiter, and having some cool battles with them. But other then those things, TG doesn't really have much going with me. (this is all my opinions btw lol)

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    I found TG to be pathetic. They dress weird and act like freaks. Cyrus was probably the best one of them minus his attitude.

Zizi

Cherry Cherry Boom Boom
    Years
    I find them funny and rather stupid. They have all these grand plans but never really stop and think them through. Mind you, I can't think of one team in all the Pokemon games that actually thought properly about the impact of what they're planning lol.

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    I find it interesting that people are commenting on how realistic Team Rocket is compared to Team Galactic. We're talking about a Pokemon game, here people! Poaching and Selling Pokemon is not realistic!

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    I love Team Galactic, lol every generation gets better, generally because they have more impact on the game, I mean Galactic actually captured legendaries, and used a bomb to blow up a lake O_O, Every Generation the villians have more impacts/Crazy ideas xD. I think its fun ;P

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
    I find it interesting that people are commenting on how realistic Team Rocket is compared to Team Galactic. We're talking about a Pokemon game, here people! Poaching and Selling Pokemon is not realistic!

And I presume the poaching and selling of animals isn't? After all, Pokemon are like the animals of their world (if you exclude the mentioning in the Pokedex of some real-life-animals; if you don't, then we can say they are they special snowflake mystical animals of their world). Poaching and selling Pokemon is their equivalent of our world's poaching and selling of animals, so it kind of does make it realistic in a sense.

Unless you mean it isn't realistic as in it doesn't fit within the context of the games, then I guess you can say the murdered Marowak isn't realistic and shouldn't belong in RBY/FRLG....

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
    Haha, funny story (well at least funny to me >.<)

The 2/6th time I played Pokemon Diamond, I just realized that all of their names were based off of space...stuff lol

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    I will always love Team Rocket, anime and games wise. But Team Galactic is definitely second. Cyrus is crazy and they're dangerous. There were a few times in Platinum where I was actually going O_O, while none of the other teams have done that for me. Especially when they blew up one of the lakes (I forget which one) and it had all the Magikarp flopping around. I was actually sad. XD

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    Team Galactic wasn't bad, but nowhere near the greatest of the organizations in pokemon. But Cyrus' vision of changing the world is still a lot more plausable than that of Team Magma or Aqua. I'll take the recreation of the universe over covering the world in land and dying of dehydration or covering it in water and drowning anyday.

Gamefreaked

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    To me there were absolutely ridiculous, but at least they score points for originality in a pokemon game. To me they were the craziest of the evil teams, going from the simple I want money attitude of TR to, "Hey let's make our own universe!11!!1!." To me that just makes me chuckle. Only think I hated about battling them were those terrible Stunkys!

DUDE!!! That was what I hated most about them. They had such ugly pokemon, after a few battles it was an eyesore and they all have the same dang pokemon. With their crappy outfits, bad hairdos, and ugly pokemon they were the worst team of all the pokemon games.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Warning, long rant about the team ahead. Here's my defense to Galactic, similar to what I did to Team Rocket.

Galactic is my second favorite team under Rocket, and here are the top reasons why.

1: Cyrus = Hitler: It's true. Look how he portrays himself. It is similar to Hitler. He wants to create a master race of drones, he abuses a certain group of pokemon, and he basically brainwashed his minions and commanders. Promising them a place of power in his new world.

2: The total brainwashing: Look at Galactic. Rocket, Aqua and Magma had uniforms to identify themselves, but this team took it to a new level. Cyrus is prepping these people to become drones. Lack of individual appearance, identity, feelings, desires. These people were on their way to becoming drones, and that is awesome that they added that in.

3: Master Plan: Cyrus wanted to use Dialga and Palkia to turn everyone into drones, to make his perfect world. It may be over the top, but believe it or not, it makes sense. He wants order, and if he has time and space under his control, he'll have it. All irrational thoughts will be erased. A perfect utopia. Everlasting, and powerful. All will be equal, no exceptions.

4: Deeds: Team Galactic did some horrible, horrible stuff while they were in power. They tortured legendary pokemon, they killed off an entire lake of Magikarp, they destroyed a major place of commerce, they committed acts of terrorism all over on a scale not seen since Team Rocket. They took over a power plant that powers the nearby towns, attempted to steal from people, attempted to kill, attacked people, blew up a sacred item to a town, kidnapped pokemon, stripped humanity from its forces, with the exception of the commanders and Cyrus, and tried to destroy an entire island, or at least take it over.

5: Cyrus: Cyrus is quite possibly why Team Galactic is as awesome as it is. He runs it. He wants the world of drones. He trained his grunts to lose all sense of identity. There's a reason they all look the same, and it isn't simply a uniform. It's a brainwashing technique, to lose all sense of personal identity. To make them a faceless being, pretty much. He is so delightfully insane that this plan actually makes sense with him behind it. He carries an air of insanity and calmness that can terrify someone. He isn't badass, like Giovanni, he isn't meant to be. He's meant to terrify his opponents with his act, and it works.

6: Longevity: Now, they only lasted one game. That's not long, but think about this. They had buildings out in the open. They didn't hide like Team Rocket, Aqua or Magma. They had the balls to work out in the open. The fact that they lasted so long in the open is proof that they can work quickly. Since you know they don't last long in those. It also proves how far their reach into the region is, and how much power they have.

Those are my reasons. I'd do more, but I don't feel like it. I like Galactic, it's my second favorite team, but I can find things in all four teams that I like a lot.

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
    Probably the largest threat the FBI and Interpol would deal with IRL, reasons below.
    1: Cyrus = Hitler: It's true. Look how he portrays himself. It is similar to Hitler. He wants to create a master race of drones, he abuses a certain group of pokemon, and he basically brainwashed his minions and commanders. Promising them a place of power in his new world.

2: The total brainwashing: Look at Galactic. Rocket, Aqua and Magma had uniforms to identify themselves, but this team took it to a new level. Cyrus is prepping these people to become drones. Lack of individual appearance, identity, feelings, desires. These people were on their way to becoming drones, and that is awesome that they added that in.

3: Master Plan: Cyrus wanted to use Dialga and Palkia to turn everyone into drones, to make his perfect world. It may be over the top, but believe it or not, it makes sense. He wants order, and if he has time and space under his control, he'll have it. All irrational thoughts will be erased. A perfect utopia. Everlasting, and powerful. All will be equal, no exceptions.

Not unlike the Branch-Davidians in Waco, with their fanaticism to follow Cyrus to the grave.

4: Deeds: Team Galactic did some horrible, horrible stuff while they were in power. They tortured legendary pokemon, they killed off an entire lake of Magikarp, they destroyed a major place of commerce, they committed acts of terrorism all over on a scale not seen since Team Rocket. They took over a power plant that powers the nearby towns, attempted to steal from people, attempted to kill, attacked people, blew up a sacred item to a town, kidnapped pokemon, stripped humanity from its forces, with the exception of the commanders and Cyrus, and tried to destroy an entire island, or at least take it over.

Don't forget planting explosives near a city.

Last edited:
    Back