• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What ball did you use to catch Giratina?

gabecounts112594

Gabe Counts
Years
  • Said catch

In Diamond, I used a Ultra ball.

But in Platinum, since I wasn't prepared, and I didn't buy enough balls, I had catch it with my Master ball.

Years
  • Like many other lazy people out there, I decided to just go for the Master Ball since I didn't have a proper pokemon to catch stuff (oh wait, False Swipe doesn't hit Giratina anyway). I don't really like to Gen IV legendaries so I didn't feel it was worth trying for them.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • my last master ball ;( waaaaahhh it didnt seem to catch with all the others

Poke_a_Dialga!

EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
    Years
  • I had two masterball, one given to me from my friend. Used them on two annoying pokes which escapes (you know;))
    Giratina? Dusk Ball in less then 10 tries.

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
  • In my Diamond and Pearl Versions both I used the Ultra Ball. According to Walkthrough guides from moderators that are also friends of mine the recommend this type of ball because it has a 2.0 catch rate and the recommend this type of ball on all legendaries because if you run out all you have to do is restart after you save in front of the Pokemon before pressing the A button to engage into battle. Sure you might need about 100 for each Pokemon but it is the one that should be used also on all legends other than Giratina. I caught my Giratina on Diamon with only 6 of thes but on Pearl it was closer to 20 though.:)

Halberdier

Solver and Stabber
    Years
  • I used a dusk ball. It was fairly easy with the aid of spore, false swipe, confuse ray and memento.

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    I caught Giratina the first time I played Platinum with a master ball because I was impatiant and wanted it with ease this time I play it I will be using dusk balls and xxashxx your friends are right with ultra balls being the best to catch legendaries but it depends on the legendaries location where you encounter it because dusk balls when used at night or in caves have a higher catch ratio and each ball catches different types of Pokemon and if used in certain locations are improved as well.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    I used a Dusk ball. I never realised how useful they were until I got Platinum, stuck with Ultra balls up until then.

Axєl

→ enveloping flames;
    Years
  • If memory serves, I used my Master Ball to catch Giratina in Platinum.

Worked well, worked well.

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
  • I caught Giratina the first time I played Platinum with a master ball because I was impatiant and wanted it with ease this time I play it I will be using dusk balls and xxashxx your friends are right with ultra balls being the best to catch legendaries but it depends on the legendaries location where you encounter it because dusk balls when used at night or in caves have a higher catch ratio and each ball catches different types of Pokemon and if used in certain locations are improved as well.

I only did that once on a Dialga but I usually prefer the Ultra ball of choice since it has the highest catch rate only 2nd to the master ball.:)

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2024
    i caught it with a timer ball.
    i went through ultra balls until it started using struggle. i only had 1 timer so after the first time it used struggle i used the timer ball.

I save my master ball.

Back