• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What ball did you use to catch Giratina?

KimSky

Breeder with white wings
Years
  • I went original and caught it to net ball :I
    I didn't want to use master ball so I spammed all other balls (Dusk, Ultra, Great and Pokéballs) and failed because it was my first time seeing Giratina in game and I'd forgot to save so if I'd killed it, there would be no chance.
    It had little bit less than half of the health yet and I didn't want to attack it again JUST IN CASE : P

when I had spent all my balls exept my net balls that I had with me because of some weird reason I threw one and it stayed inside : D

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    I always use the ultra ball, even though it's ugly. XD

Flechazo

Eternity Web & Game Designer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2011
    At first, I try to catch them with Premier Ball or Sympa Ball but if that doens't work, I use Ultra Ball, too. :) Thank god, I catched Giratina with a Premier Ball. :D

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • I try catching legendaries with three types of Pokeballs. Heres the order in which I throw them.

10 Pokeballs
    8 Great Balls
    5 Ultra Balls

If none of those work, I just start with Pokeballs again.

DasherPunch

Chibi Chimchar FTW
    Years
  • Got mine with an Ultra Ball. First it took about four tries, 40 ball each (it Struggled to death each time) and the fifth time I at last got it asleep and caught it with just three balls XD

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Haven't battled Giratina in awhile, but I always stock up on Dusk balls when I want to catch a legendary.

I guess I used Dusk balls then.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    i just killed the pokemon...i didnt want it...

-TheZeide

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    I used the MasterBall Galactic Cyrus gave me. Back then I didn't know better. :| I used it RIGHT AWAY. I coulda saved it.

Back