• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Ball Did You Use To Catch Lugia/Ho-Oh?

Years
    Ho-oh: 1 single Dusk Ball, though I resetted for a good Adamant bird, and on my previous attempts it took slightly longer to catch (didn't took more than 15 balls at worst though).

Lugia: 3 Dusk Balls, then one Heavy Ball. I laughed so hard, seeing as Heavy Ball was useless against Ho-oh. Later I checked the Pokédex and Poké Ball mechanics and noticed why, Lugia gets an higher bonus than Ho-oh, though I probably would have had better odds using Dusk Ball as usual.

platinum dragonite

Dragon Tamer & Shiny Collector
    Years
    i tryed soft reseting for a bit but then couldnt be bothered doing that anymore and just caught him with a master ball i got angry cos he was fully weakened and a sleep for a bit and the ultra ball wouldnt even twitch once!

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    For Ho-Oh I used a Dark ball because of it's 4x effectiveness at night. It wasn't too hard but it wasn't too easy. I weakened it to it's red zone with about 20-5 HP left, put it to sleep and caught in about twenty tries. I was lucky because I only used Hypnosis once - it stayed asleep for about twenty turns. XD

As for Lugia, well, I haven't gotten to catching it yet.

Jack Kentnon

Derp Trainer
    Years
    I personally try to save my Masterball's for the roaming Legendary's. Because that's some grade A doohonkey rite there.

Anyways, I threw like a million Ultraballs at each. And I had to soft reset no less than twice each. Not because I wanted a shiney one, but because I ran out of Ultraballs...

Years
    I caught Ho-oh in a previous run.
    Used a Repeat Ball in my current go.

Have not gone for Lugia as yet. Was gonna Heavy/Dusk ball it.

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
    I caught Ho-Oh with an Ultra Ball but I don't remember how many I thrown, I do know how more frustrated I was with how they made it the whole thing mandatory to move the story.

Ayselipera

I'm pretty sure I used an Ultra ball for it. I don't really care about shinys so I didn't bother soft reseting.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    I gave up and just used my Masterball, seriously sat there for a good half hour throwing Ultra's at him at 1HP and paralyzed. =/

Years
    i caught ho-oh with a masterball only because i was getting angry and wasted all my other balls :P but i caught lugia with a heavy ball:)
    i got my unused masterball from diamond and i used it to catch wild latias in HG. and i got another master ball from my ruby so i can catch someone else in HG, maybe mewtwo

Azumin

Trader/RNGer. ^-^
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I caught Lugia with mah Ultraball on the 3rd try :D Third try meaning KOing twice and catching it on the the 3rd attempt. ^-^

Back