• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Ball Did You Use To Catch Lugia/Ho-Oh?

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    I am gonna catch both ho-oh and lugia in a masterball after I trade a second one over and soft reset for ho-oh to be shiny

vobgro

Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2012
    I captured ho-oh won 2nd atempt with a duskball at night...

ILoveDragonite

~~Do the wave~~
    Years
    On my way to go and catch ho-oh i ran into raikou and i was like "Freaking awesome i love raikou" So i used my master ball and went and bought 105 ultra balls (Did you know you could do that?) Then i paralyzed him and brought him down to 1-2 hp and wasted 25 odd ultra balls.

Ha ha he could't hurt my ruby because of flash fire.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    using my FEAR ratatta i caught ho-oh within 4 ultra balls

ill be using heavy balls on lugia though.

That's what I started off doing lol but then I got confused and thought 440-600 was +0 o_o when initially, I thought it was +20. I totally screwed my head up with that.

It is +20 though. I just double-checked for the 50th time. Numbers don't like me.

Heavy Balls = 10x better catch-rate than Ultra Balls if 440+lbs. How cool is that >>

RYKU

Poke master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2010
    lugia was full health and i caught it with 2 ultra balls

~Gary~

PSN: xAzureZePhYr.
    Years
    is sent my scizor lv.100 and used false swipe
    and then venusaur(trade) and used sleep powder

and caught it in first try with a great ball

billios

Water Pokémon Master
    Years
    i'm not there yet(damn you, UK release date!) but i plan on damaging it a lot sending amphy to paralyz it and using heavy balls

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    I caught mine in an Ultra Ball. Funny thing is, I poisoned it, got it down to yellow health and caught it on my 2nd Ultra Ball. I didn't soft reset. I like to catch a legendary the first time I encounter it. =P

tangvor

Pokemon FTW
    Years
    I caught my Ho-Oh with an ultra ball lvl 45
    I caught my Lugia with a Heavy Ball lvl 70
    Lugia was much easier to catch than Ho-Oh was!
    Also shinies not important to me, but natures were so I soft resetted for natures :]

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Lugia: First Heavy Ball thrown
    Ho-oh: Ultra Ball, I think?

Also, Heavy Ball increases chance of capturing Pokemon by +20 on Lugia, so... it's really good.

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    I caught Lugia with a Dusk Ball and Ho-Oh with an Ultra Ball. Both were pretty easy catches, luckily. I don't think I even had to reset on either.

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I caught Lugia with an Ultra Ball. Right now I haven't caught Ho-oh, been too lazy. :p

Back