• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Ball Did You Use To Catch Lugia/Ho-Oh?

Years
    I used my Master Ball on Ho-oh cause I wanted it REAAALLY bad XD
    My next goal is to try to catch Mewtwo...without it. :P That will be interesting. I have no idea what i'll use on Lugia though.
    I never knew people would reset and reset just to a shiny....thats crazy.

Fire_Floatzel

What's 3000 X 3 + 1?
    Years
    I had to catch lugia with a master ball.

ho-oh i wasted my 2 premier balls and 5 ultra balls on it so i had to start throwing 60 pokeballs at it until i caught it on my third pokeball

Last edited:

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I caught Lugia in a Master Ball like every other Mascot Legendary.
    I have yet to catch Ho-Oh...

UPDATE: I just caught Ho-Oh with a Ultra Ball!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2010
    I have a huge stock of master balls from trades, so I'm using a masterball on all the legendaries. Besides, what else would you use the master ball for? I just think its best to use them, not like your gonna find a better pokemon than one of the legendaries. xP

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2012
    After countless resets, I finally caught Lugia with a quick ball and Ho-oh I caught with a Ultra ball. Don't know why I caught them, I hate legendaries.

Amew

Red Mage
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2011
    Caught Lugia in the Master Ball because...I ran out, and it was my last option. Tried Ultra with Low HP AND PRZ. I have horrid luck. I hope my friend will let me have my Mewtwo back that I traded from FireRed. I dunno why.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    recently caught Lugia SS in a heavy ball after throwing only 10 dusk balls now it gets to set in my box forever!! muwah ha ha ha !!!

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
    I used Dusk Balls to catch Ho-Oh. I caught it about ten times, just to get a good nature and IVs. Each time took 20 or more Dusk Balls. (It was at 1 HP and Asleep, of course.)

Didn't catch Lugia yet, but I'm planning to use Heavy Balls. (Dive Balls when I run out.) I believe Lugia falls in the +10 weight category, so Heavy Balls should work well.

Tatsuo-san

<[Aye, aye, dood!]>
    Years
    I've captured Lugia by Ultra Ball. I've done one Soft-Reset, because Lugia was burned and just faint by this thing xP
    Don't wanna any shinies... i like only shiny Charizard...

Years
    Ultra Ball on the first try and he had at least like 15 HP. Kinda' regret not resetting for a better nature or shiny, but whatevs. Probably gonna' get HeartGold and try my luck again.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I can't remember what I used on lugia but I'm pretty sure it was an ultra ball and I know I caught ho oh with an ultraball because I just caught it this morning. It actually wasn't all that hard, but it did take quite a bit of struggle. I used my master ball on mewtwo (he's the god of all pokemon or at least was, so I figured it was appropriate, plus he was the hardest to get to.)

tetrix1993

Quality-Map Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2011
    I use Timer Ball to catch Lugia. Took a lot of pain getting the Timer Ball, because I have to get those balls from the lucky draw at Goldenrod City.

I use Dusk Ball on Ho-Oh. It is the best to catch legendaries with this ball as Timer Ball is out of option. I catch it at night.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    Great ball on Ho-oh. Haven't caught Lugia yet. I'm a little less likely to get a great ball to work on Lugia since it's level 70. X_X

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I used a Dusk Ball to catch my Lugia. Got it in two shots.
    Got my Entei with one, too, 'cause I caught it at nighttime.

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    I caught Lugia in one lucky shot with a heavy ball. =D

Ho-Oh wasn't as nice; it took around forty chucks of Pokeballs to finally get him. xD

Back