• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Ball Did You Use To Catch Lugia/Ho-Oh?

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    Ultra Ball for both. Both killed me or itself (in the lvl 70 Lugia's case) several times before I caught it on my first try.
    The odd thing is that the Lugia killed itself, and it was 20 levels stronger than my team (and I had a lvl 10 Psyduck) and the Ho Oh was 2 levels stronger, and it wiped me out.

Years
    I used my Master Ball on Lugia, thinking I wasn't gonna attempt to catch Raikou/Entei/Latios. Now, I regret it. I haven't attempted to capture Ho-Oh yet.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    It took me about four tries to capture Lugia when I confronted it. The fourth try being the most successful of course. I had kept going with the same tactics I had kept in mind, which was lowering Lugia down to 1HP with False Swipes by my Scyther, placing it to sleep with my Poliwhirl's Hypnosis and then just throwing Ultra Balls until I caught it.

Well, this turned out to be more difficult than thought out, because Lugia kept haxing me with Critical Hits and actually hitting my Pokémon even though some of his moves were not at full accuracy. Luckily, it didn't take too long to capture it after I placed Gyarados up front, which wore Lugia down for the first set of the battle. This ended up saving me time, my Pokémon and items.

At the end, I caught it with an Ultra Ball. Sadly, it's a Brave Nature, which sucks. :\ Good thing, I have no real plans to use it though.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    I'm not done yet all the requisits to catch Ho-oh on HG but (as always do) i'll use normal Pokeballs to catch it and the same with Lugia =)

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2015
    i bought 30 ultra balls for caught lugia... but i waste all balls and i reset the soft... and when i fight again i fight with a shiny lugia (who really sucks) and ME: Lol? after that i hit him and when he got red life i used the first ultra ball and lugia get caught :B

Shiroi Alucard

White Knight
    Years
    I KO'ed it a few time by accident, but other than that no resetting, I only use moon balls and Dusk balls, but I don't remember how many I used in the end caught both with Dusk Balls(Love the shadow portal effect of them).

Uruk

i'm gonna have me some fun.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2011
    i traded a master ball from platinum, and now i have adamant ho-oh and rash lugia both in master balls :D

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
    Don't get all jiggy because you caught Lugia in a Poké Ball. :P I caught Lugia, Entei, Raikou, Suicune and Ho-Oh (in order of capture) in Poké Balls.

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    Is he /actually/ possible to catch? He was burnt, down to a sliver of health (you could barely see it...) and I threw and Ultra Ball, and it didn't even shake. Not once.

Isn't there some A+B masterball trick that apparently helps?

Back