• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Ball Did You Use To Catch Lugia/Ho-Oh?

Jirachi²

Make a wish!
Years
  • What Ball I Used

I used the standard Ultra Ball to catch them both. However, I kept soft-resetting to get the natures I wanted so I wasn't too picky on which ball they were caught in.

- Jirachi² -

Last edited:

hack1

Dragon Green
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    First I used 10 Dusk Balls. Then my Weepiinbell outspeeded Ho-Oh and used Sleep Powder. Captured it with second Ultra.

nm legend

Years
  • so far i just caught ho-oh with 4 ultra balls.....it was harder to get a plain absol for some reason

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Ho-Oh was difficult and I took several tries before catching it. I waited until afternoon and caught it after five Ultra Balls and three Dusk Balls (remembering the trick with them, which made things easier). I did the same thing with Snorlax, who was almost as difficult to catch.

As for Lugia, I still have yet to catch it, but I will get it at some point.

Volumknappen

Legendary Pokenoob
    Years
  • I just used a Master Ball. But this is because my friend told me to do so, i thought he was a Pokemon "pro", but no.

Catching Ho-Oh was suprisingly easy. Only used a couple of Ultraballs and the job was done.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Lugia - Heavy Ball, took 1 soft reset as I only had 3 and I caught it on the 4th
    Ho-oh - N/A, Haven't reached that far into the game yet

Telekinesis

Psychic Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    Im playing SS, so I caught lugia easily with an ultra-ball.

Had to use a Masterball on Ho-Oh tho. Who needs MBs anyway?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I have HG. I just caught Ho oh with Master Ball.

I caught Lugia with Dusk Ball.

( I've caught all my legendaries with Dusk Ball except Mewtwo. And that took 1 Moon Ball at full health. )

Last edited:

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    I went all bug catcher style on Ho-oh using a butterfly net! Then I used a fishing rod on Lugia!

In all seriousness though I used a Masterball on Ho-oh and an ultra ball on lugia.

Years
  • I caught my Ho-oh (HeartGold) with an Ultra Ball... I was hoping I could get it in a Poke Ball, like I did with Kyogre in Sapphire, but I ran out of 'em.

pokemonloverXD

I love Ash!
    Years
  • The pain!!! DX I caught my Lugia with the master ball... I'm lame, I know! It was my mistake for not save b4 I faced the beast and that time I wasn't very well-prepared didn't have that much ultra balls with me so my master ball was a bye bye. Sad, isn't it? Well at least I caught Ho-oh with a quick ball which was very lucky

Last edited:
    Years
  • By pure chance I managed to catch Lugia with the first pokeball I threw at it while it still had just under 1/4 of its hp left. Still to catch Ho Oh after having throw countless balls at it :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2010
    First time I seen lugia I battled the thing down to sleeping and 1hp left, just couldnt catch it. I then ran out of balls SR'ed and threw a quick ball and caught it first try. I was so pissed but happy.

Solodomo

Psychic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2012
    omg...Ho-oh was the hardest to catch. I used like a billion ultra balls on him and turned off and on my game so many times and one time i made an accident a made him faint =/.

then i went after Lugia and had not much problems with him and i used ultra balls.

Back