• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What can you make out from Isshu?

Would you like to be able to fly to all/some regions?

• Duh! It would be totally awesome, and a great way to fill my Pokedex.

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • It would be cool, but I don't are either way.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • No way, that would totally be lame, and why would anyone want to go through 40 different gym?

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I don't care...

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Here's what i think. If you look at the very top of the map, benienth the words, there is a brownish streak that gets cut off. I think that it continues on to the half of the map.

Also, to the very left of the mountains is a silver-ish stadium-ish shaped building. I am almost positiv that is the pokemon league.

That island in the middle that everybody is complaining about: I think its something sacred. Possibly a shrine to Reshiram and Zekrom (and ????). Kinda reminds me of the celebi shrine in pokemon colloseum.

On top of that, a new idea; what if your starter city is Hiun City? Like, your house is an apartment building and your rival is in the one next door.... Not a horrible Idea.

1) Hmm, you're right and I was wondering if this was all that there was to Isshu. I expected more cities and all since it's you know...industrialized. But if it is then I'm okay with it. If there is another side then maybe the side they're showing us now is the ancient part of the region?

2) Possible that the pokeball shaped thing is a shrine, but I don't know I wouldn't expect it to be one.

3) They already showed the starting town, which is very rural, so that means Hiun is not the starting point. I like your idea though.

Well, the guy who I replied to seemed to be saying he thought this was the whole map because there were around seven towns (I assume this has to do with the whole eight-gym tradition), but I was pointing out how there have been more than that from every other generation. I'm expecting there's more to the map than what we've seen in this picture. The regions seem to be getting larger each generation, for the most part. There could be even more than before, but no way are we only getting seven towns.

Sorry, I may have rambled or gone run-on a tiny bit there... I hope that clarified my intent, though?

I agree, 7 towns really isn't that much and I was thinking that they just zoomed into a certain area of the region not wanting to reveal it all yet. I may be wrong though and we may just be stuck with what we have. It wouldn't hamper gameplay imo, but it would certainly be different from the other regions.

Yeah, you've pretty much clarified it.

Last edited:

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    It looks like a big, industrial haven as opposed to the other regions being mostly small towns with few large cities. And when I say 'large cities' I mean Goldenrod, Saffron, Veilstone and cities like that.

I must say, this change in environment is a welcome change as far as I see. IMO. o3o

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    It would be interesting to start maybe in a city? Make a difference froma lways being in villages/towns. Or maybe starting in the mountian area, that would stop the first gym leader (hopefully) being a rock type and a good area to start with scenary :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    Now, I can't tell, but it looks like the whole edge of this map is covered with snow, and we also have two Mountains that are covered with snow, could this be the Snow region. :)
    EDIT: Never mind, I realized those are just clouds. :|

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
    For some reason, this regions really reminds me of the world. If you actually know what the world look like, its kinda of sorted or divided into three.

West lands reminds of South America, and North America and the mountains reminds me of the Rocky Mountains that stretched south to north of South and North America.

The north of the middle lands remind me of Europe, the pokeball lake reminds me of the Mediterranean Sea, the desert reminds me of Africa and its desert like heat and wheather.

Huin city reminds me of Antartica because of its first impression white (ice and snow) looking city.

East lands reminds me of Asian, the southern Islands reminds me of the many Islands that Japan, Philippines, and other Islanders countries have.

IDK its my opinion...you all probably disagree

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    It looks amazing! :D
    I especially like the Poke-ball lake and the mountains. I can't wait!

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Seeing as how Hiun is so BIG I wonder if it might have more than one gym. And not in the almost way like Saffron did.

Also, from the look of the map there will be a lot of open country to explore. Except for Hiun and possibly the circus, the other towns are tiny compared to previous regions' maps.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    What can you make out from Isshu?

I have reason to believe Waffle-san in some areas is correct.
    the spot No.1, she says is the starting town. if you look closely this shows two buildings. looking back at some of the photos from last months corocoro, i found that this is the starting town and on this map it shows the Professors lab and your house.
    look here: https://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/isshu.shtml , the first un-named town fits.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
    Most people have said what i am thinking.
    Although reading a lot of comments in this thread people don't seem too happy with the dessert :S
    I dunno if it has been confirmed or if it was a rumour but I heard the main character has something to do with digging and fossils or something so perhaps thats why there is a giant dessert :)

Years
    i like this reigon, its very different to the other reigons, so should be a breath of fresh air. if you look next the ferris wheel, there appears to be a building that looks a little like the battle factory.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    :shocked:

OMG! I love yoour ideas, and thanks for taking time to do this :) We'll have to wait and see how accurate some of your points are. :cer_nod:

Haha alot of them were shots in the dark but thanks!!

I agree, 7 towns really isn't that much and I was thinking that they just zoomed into a certain area of the region not wanting to reveal it all yet. I may be wrong though and we may just be stuck with what we have. It wouldn't hamper gameplay imo, but it would certainly be different from the other regions.

I have reason to believe Waffle-san in some areas is correct.
    the spot No.1, she says is the starting town. if you look closely this shows two buildings. looking back at some of the photos from last months corocoro, i found that this is the starting town and on this map it shows the Professors lab and your house.
    look here: https://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/isshu.shtml , the first un-named town fits.

(I'm a guy. :P) Most the points were total guesses but that south east area looks like it's the starter area, no where else looks like it'd work.

Also in the clearer map (Serebii and Pokebeach both have it) the top right brown thing is revealed. (Number 22) and it looks like some sort of temple thats sitting on top of caved cliffs. Mesa Verde anyone? It is in the states...

Also the temple is green, if that has any meaning to anyone. :P

.Awesome

Awesome.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 11, 2010
    The center is shaped like a Poke Ball... Maybe the Pokemon League? It's surrounded by water, so i think it must be.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016

in the newer pic, you can see 25 is a few Windmills- but not like the ones in the 4th gen- like BIG GIANT WINDMILL BUILDING THINGS (don't really know the official name :p )
    plus i count about ten towns
    AND i don't know if i'm the only one that noticed, but in between the bottom of 22 and 24 there is a little grove with an entrance to a cave
    and i'm pretty sure i see a Pokethlon dome (or a contest dome) in the area with the ferris wheel

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Analyzing Isshu Region... [Picture inside]

So, I have made an analysis of the Isshu Region image. And here are my hypothesis.

Also, in my opinion, it is way too small, I think it is a little bigger, but Pokémon Japan didn't show it all.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2013
    It does look quite small. But the chances are that this is only a portion of the map.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    I agree it looks small, but then again it doesn't look proportionate either so it is possible it already is big when laid out on a map. Expanding east and west doesn't seem like a possibility just because of the way this map looks on the edges. However north and south do seem likely and I hope they do this. And as for the Pokemon League and where it is located, I wouldn't mind seeing the setting changed. Having it more like a stadium based league (similar to the anime except for the different rounds, strictly the Elite Four in some grand fashion).

And as for there being minimal cities, I really like the idea of mostly rural region. In every previous game we have seen the typical cities and their gyms and while that is great it can get somewhat boring to me personally. Having the character travel through multiple villages sounds refreshing, especially from what Serebii has shown through the released pics of the forest areas and village with an old train. Just my thoughts...

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I'm so excited about this region. The information about the Pokemon doesn't really excite me, but I get shivers every time I look at that map. It looks like there will be such a diverse range of landscapes, and wonderful graphics. I'm so exicted! :D

Back