• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What can you make out from Isshu?

Would you like to be able to fly to all/some regions?

• Duh! It would be totally awesome, and a great way to fill my Pokedex.

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • It would be cool, but I don't are either way.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • No way, that would totally be lame, and why would anyone want to go through 40 different gym?

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I don't care...

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

Jerme

stupid
Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    i would expect another giant city. with that 3D camera feature. im pretty sure not only 1 city makes use of it.

edit: matter fact, this might not even resemble the in-game map of isshu that well

Johto
    What can you make out from Isshu?
    Spoiler:

kanto
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
  • Maybe the giant pokeball lake is for a fishing contest? lol

This region seems so uninhabited, and it seems like they forced so many different biomes into one little area. the way the islands are just dosnt look...natural.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    Maybe the giant pokeball lake is for a fishing contest? lol

This region seems so uninhabited, and it seems like they forced so many different biomes into one little area. the way the islands are just dosnt look...natural.

i agree, i knew something was wrong. just look at the placement of the desert...

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Yo BlueRang, so I think this map I made might be a little better organizational wise to dissect Isshu.

Here's my friend and mine predictions:

1- To us, this is most likely the Starting Town. It's small, simple and close to everything. And the top building resembles a lab.

2- A barn on a load of concrete?

3- A couple buidling...the second town maybe?

4- Little house and park area? Could be the screen shot of the main character at a vending machine...

5- My friend see's train track, personally I just see a ledge. :P

6- Looks like a church to both of us though whether it has a purpose or not neither of us can decide on. Either that or it's the factory area. There's some sort of pond and bridge next to it...NUCLEAR FISSION FACTORY!! =D

7- Sky Arrow Bridge which we all know but I found it interesting that it curls around at the start. I'm assuming this is where the main character is standing while looking onto Sky Arrow Bridge and Hiun (the big city in the background). Also Sky Arrow Bridge looks huge in the screen shot so if thats a sense of the scale...wow...

8- Hiun.

9- Obviously the desert but there appear to be things buried in the sand...

10- Amusement park? It obviously has a ferris wheel and the buildings all look...interesting... I think this is the town that the female protagonist walks across a bridge in as appears in one of the first screenshot.

11- It appears you can walk up to the lake from 10 town but then what's this entrance for?

12- The Park-lake area itself. My friend and I have come to the conclusion that the Pokeball is elevated in some way and has occured naturally.

13- The Draw Bridge and a Lighthouse

14- I have no idea what this is...building? Pagoda? Giant Spider? God I hope not.

15- There's a long line of bridges leading from one ice mountain to the other that goes through the Park-lake area...kind of interesting.

16- Two entrances and it looks as if a waterfall seperates them. Also there's ledges leading up to the left one which almost looks boarded off.

17- Another little cave entrance, don't know how you get there/away from there.

18- Ruin and a dig site? Seems like barren concrete and then some little modern blue building followed by a big old tower (SHOCKER!!). Important? Or just this generations ruins/dead tower?

19- Little stream that might be worth noting...

20- So it looks like a carbon copy of the Ice Mountain to the west, has to mean something.

21- Smudged area...based on the ledges/train tracks below it one would think it has a purpose, and I mean it's smudged!! That always means something!!

22- This area especially intrigues me. The buidling reminds me of that old Dark Castle that Bugs Bunny finds when he gets lost at night. All he wants to do is make a phone call but the Vampire has other ideas. Either way it looks dark and mean, but then there's a majestic waterfall...so I don't know what to think!?!? Then at the top of the page there's letter covering something with a path leading towards it. Battle Frontier area?

23- The path leading to the upper half of 22. Goes up some ledges and across another bridge.

24- Looks to be an old possibly falling apart/in construction bridge.

25- Look tribal no matter what they are, be it buildings, teepees, totems, Easter Head wannabees etc. A pond above it?

26- Couple buidings? We're betting on an underground entrance, the entrance to Victory Road.

27- Victory Road and the Elite 4 Building.

28- Islands. Accessible? Important? Or just random pointless islands like the ones off Cherrygrove?

29- Cool overly circular island. We're pretty sure it's got some sort of point.

30- Tree house/Shrine/Wooded Building. Based on it's position on the map and it's mysterious aspect we're betting this has something fairly important going on, most likely after the plot but who knows.

31- I see a little grey something...smudge? Or the key to the future of our planet? Or...BOTH!?

Little tidbits, places that we thought could be the safari zone are; 28, 29, 30, 25, 18, 12, 15, 20, 21, 22 and maybe 2.

I'm kind of wondering if this is all of Isshu, I mean Hiun's ports are pointing South and I doubt they're just pointing to no where, that defeats the purpose of putting a port city there, especially since the farther north you go, the more of a rustic feel you get. Also I'm thinking this map isn't very preportional, other maps of different regions are generally more detailed overall. This map seems to be designed to show off certain areas and draw attention to Hiun. There's alot more to Isshu than meets the eye in my opinion. :P

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    So, people are saying that the Isshu region is based on New York, right? So there must be more of the region coming soon! It looks tiny, yet huge in some ways... And I think there kinda has to be more of the region; there is more land on the west side of the giant mountain and the picture is cut off at the top. I'm really starting to wonder what the circle of green is in the middle of the picture. And I'm starting to think that the ferris wheel thing is like a Battle Frontier of some sorts... !!! My little twelve-year-old brain hatched an idea!! Yes, the ferris wheel place is somewhat like the Battle Frontier and you have to go somehow around the whole region and into the middle of the circle as a resort-type place for the end of the game. You know, like how in the previous games, you could only get to the frontier after you defeated the E4? Kinda like that, but you need to go around the whole region. Like you start at the southeast corner at the little town there, then go north kinda far, then go west at the very top and then just go around the region, like a maze. I probably sound really crazy right now, right? Yes. Don't laugh at my insane stupid idea. =(

*Gasp* I don't know if this is obvious or not, but there are buildings to the west of the mountains. There have always been a mountain in the previous games, so would this be that mountain, or a Victory Road type mountain with the Pokemon League on the other side of it?

UlvMor

I'm pretty sure I'm awesome
    Years
  • I have to say that with the pokeball lake and random desert the middle part looks really man made rather than natural.
    I like that everything seems (it could end up that it's not like that in game)to be fairly spaced out, and also there is no way this can be the whole map I'd be surprised if it was.

Thunderhead

Ride the Lightning
    Years
  • Yeah, all the regions are either blocked off by mountains or water on the borders.

I'm guessing that they have to show more of the north, and more of the east

I say this because the west has the mountians, the south has water, the southeast has water.

That is my guess.

JakeClowd

the Silent Clowd
    Years
  • Here's what i think. If you look at the very top of the map, benienth the words, there is a brownish streak that gets cut off. I think that it continues on to the half of the map.

Also, to the very left of the mountains is a silver-ish stadium-ish shaped building. I am almost positiv that is the pokemon league.

That island in the middle that everybody is complaining about: I think its something sacred. Possibly a shrine to Reshiram and Zekrom (and ????). Kinda reminds me of the celebi shrine in pokemon colloseum.

LOL. No Idea whatis witht the desert. Mabey a bomb testing gone wrong!!! XD
    Ooh. what if you can get pokerus from their. Like its a quaruntine drop zone with with infected pokemon everywhere... Including a new [bad] disease.

On top of that, a new idea; what if your starter city is Hiun City? Like, your house is an apartment building and your rival is in the one next door.... Not a horrible Idea.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • ^
    The desert has no disease (im sure), that seems silly.
    Huin City is not the starting, they have already shown a screenshot from the starting villiage.
    The desert is probably game freaks try at adding a desert into the region like RSE.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    Oh! I love this region, but I really want to know what all that extra space is, perhaps all Dungeons where you can catch Pokemon? Also, I wonder where the starting forest is! Of course, if there even is one. :)

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Yo BlueRang, so I think this map I made might be a little better organizational wise to dissect Isshu.

Here's my friend and mine predictions:

1- To us, this is most likely the Starting Town. It's small, simple and close to everything. And the top building resembles a lab.

2- A barn on a load of concrete?

3- A couple buidling...the second town maybe?

4- Little house and park area? Could be the screen shot of the main character at a vending machine...

5- My friend see's train track, personally I just see a ledge. :P

6- Looks like a church to both of us though whether it has a purpose or not neither of us can decide on. Either that or it's the factory area. There's some sort of pond and bridge next to it...NUCLEAR FISSION FACTORY!! =D

7- Sky Arrow Bridge which we all know but I found it interesting that it curls around at the start. I'm assuming this is where the main character is standing while looking onto Sky Arrow Bridge and Hiun (the big city in the background). Also Sky Arrow Bridge looks huge in the screen shot so if thats a sense of the scale...wow...

8- Hiun.

9- Obviously the desert but there appear to be things buried in the sand...

10- Amusement park? It obviously has a ferris wheel and the buildings all look...interesting... I think this is the town that the female protagonist walks across a bridge in as appears in one of the first screenshot.

11- It appears you can walk up to the lake from 10 town but then what's this entrance for?

12- The Park-lake area itself. My friend and I have come to the conclusion that the Pokeball is elevated in some way and has occured naturally.

13- The Draw Bridge and a Lighthouse

14- I have no idea what this is...building? Pagoda? Giant Spider? God I hope not.

15- There's a long line of bridges leading from one ice mountain to the other that goes through the Park-lake area...kind of interesting.

16- Two entrances and it looks as if a waterfall seperates them. Also there's ledges leading up to the left one which almost looks boarded off.

17- Another little cave entrance, don't know how you get there/away from there.

18- Ruin and a dig site? Seems like barren concrete and then some little modern blue building followed by a big old tower (SHOCKER!!). Important? Or just this generations ruins/dead tower?

19- Little stream that might be worth noting...

20- So it looks like a carbon copy of the Ice Mountain to the west, has to mean something.

21- Smudged area...based on the ledges/train tracks below it one would think it has a purpose, and I mean it's smudged!! That always means something!!

22- This area especially intrigues me. The buidling reminds me of that old Dark Castle that Bugs Bunny finds when he gets lost at night. All he wants to do is make a phone call but the Vampire has other ideas. Either way it looks dark and mean, but then there's a majestic waterfall...so I don't know what to think!?!? Then at the top of the page there's letter covering something with a path leading towards it. Battle Frontier area?

23- The path leading to the upper half of 22. Goes up some ledges and across another bridge.

24- Looks to be an old possibly falling apart/in construction bridge.

25- Look tribal no matter what they are, be it buildings, teepees, totems, Easter Head wannabees etc. A pond above it?

26- Couple buidings? We're betting on an underground entrance, the entrance to Victory Road.

27- Victory Road and the Elite 4 Building.

28- Islands. Accessible? Important? Or just random pointless islands like the ones off Cherrygrove?

29- Cool overly circular island. We're pretty sure it's got some sort of point.

30- Tree house/Shrine/Wooded Building. Based on it's position on the map and it's mysterious aspect we're betting this has something fairly important going on, most likely after the plot but who knows.

31- I see a little grey something...smudge? Or the key to the future of our planet? Or...BOTH!?

Little tidbits, places that we thought could be the safari zone are; 28, 29, 30, 25, 18, 12, 15, 20, 21, 22 and maybe 2.

I'm kind of wondering if this is all of Isshu, I mean Hiun's ports are pointing South and I doubt they're just pointing to no where, that defeats the purpose of putting a port city there, especially since the farther north you go, the more of a rustic feel you get. Also I'm thinking this map isn't very preportional, other maps of different regions are generally more detailed overall. This map seems to be designed to show off certain areas and draw attention to Hiun. There's alot more to Isshu than meets the eye in my opinion. :P

:shocked:

OMG! I love yoour ideas, and thanks for taking time to do this :) We'll have to wait and see how accurate some of your points are. :cer_nod:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • hey has any one noticed that red meteor like thing in the left top hand corner it looks like like something of interest, wonder what it's function will be...deoxys related?

Esmas

General
    Years
  • I ♥ THIS REGION! :D

But really, the map seems sort of plain... I mean, there's this huge city, and then a random desert? XD (...which is followed by an amusement park in a forest?! O____o) That's kind of a weird contrast. But what I like about the desert is that it's quite large, and I think it has a little village or town in it, which would be cool to see, like in Pokémon Colosseum.

Oh, and I can't wait to travel those mountains. Seeing those cave openings makes me want to adventure! Also there's a spring or waterfall by the mountains, and it seems suspicious to me... o3o

Overall, it looks like there's a lot of blank space where things could be, unlike in the previous regions like Hoenn. But it's still a yummy place to look at, because it's so different! :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    From your Picture Bluerang, I can see a grassy area to the right, filled with little towns, probably an area that you will clear out of soon. Then obviously, that bridge that we have seen EVERYWHERE, which leads to Hiun city, the HUGE city that we have all seen, too. Then, a large Desert, which makes me happy, because this means I will be able to get Meguroko right away! Then, a Carnival, probably something that has some trainers in it, and maybe some side stories take place there. Then another grassy area with a Pokeball design that looks very nice, maybe a park of some sort. To the left of this, there is a city, with the draw bridge and a Lighthouse. Then, finally that huge area with an Icy looking Mountian and perhaps where the Elite four is, and all sorts of other towns, those are my Predictions. :)

Esmas

General
    Years
  • I'll take a guess that the forested area on the right side is where the starting town is. Looks quaint and calm, like the screenshots and the previous ones.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I don't have much to say, it just seems like too many enviroments are smoshed together unnatruly on randomly cnnected islands. that shining blue mountain seems completely uot of place, same with that random huge desert brimming Hiun city...
    It just seems all that spce is uninhabited...
    maybe the dessert is like the dessert surrounding Vegas Nevada...they could have made the city look Habitable but the dessert is more hostile but I'm certain we will see people there!

Yup the dessert has a sand storm like in RSE and DPPt, I saw an image of it on Serebii (the Isshu section) where they show a hiker? in the dessert near the player, so there are trainers just like the horrible! Blizzard in DPPt...and the dessert in DPPt and the dessert in RSE

Yup the dessert has a sand storm like in RSE and DPPt, I saw an image of it on Serebii (the Isshu section) where they show a hiker? in the dessert near the player, so there are trainers just like the horrible! Blizzard in DPPt...and the dessert in DPPt and the dessert in RSE

Last edited:
    Back