• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What computer problems have you had?

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
Years
  • My computer is in the shop & being repaired ...it has something to do with ...he said heat...then he lost me. XD

Also years ago in 2004-5ish, my old computer had a reboot virus.

..then another time I had no internet after a thunder storm but that was my modem.

Oh & when I was still with my jerk husband, he cut the cord to my internet! (I'm free now YAY! XD) My dad fixed that XD

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • well back when I still used Windows as my main computer I had a couple problems (though, admittedly, most were ultimately caused by me)
    lets see there was the time that I somehow disabled the admin user and the start menu.
    the time I lost all connectivity with all ports except power
    I somehow deleted Command prompt once 0_o
    O yeah, and I somehow hacked my way into some guy on the third floor of my dorm and was using his Microsoft word. now that one was weird. (I still don't know how I did it)
    every single one of these was cleared up with a quick and simple re-install of windows. (I never lost anything because I saved everything on an external HDD.)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    The only major problem I can recall was with my old Windows laptop.

The power stopped working, forcing me to buy a new one ;_;

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Spilled some drink on my old old laptop, so I had to buy a new one.

Somehow the hard drive's fan stopped and the harddrive wouldn't work o_O

And Various keys came of... and not to mention how many times my PC mysteriously went haywire (viruses that I didn't find?)

well back when I still used Windows as my main computer I had a couple problems (though, admittedly, most were ultimately caused by me)
    lets see there was the time that I somehow disabled the admin user and the start menu.
    the time I lost all connectivity with all ports except power
    I somehow deleted Command prompt once 0_o
    O yeah, and I somehow hacked my way into some guy on the third floor of my dorm and was using his Microsoft word. now that one was weird. (I still don't know how I did it)
    every single one of these was cleared up with a quick and simple re-install of windows. (I never lost anything because I saved everything on an external HDD.)

O_O How the heck did you do all THAT?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    On my dated laptop alone...

HDD lost files and such essential for startup at one point.
    Blue screens due to video card failure (running Call of Duty 4 on an old ATI X300, so I'm not surprised).
    CD/DVD-RW drive is unable to detect blank CD-Rs.
    Battery no longer works. Luckily it's never used as a laptop anyway, so the battery doesn't really matter...

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    All problems I have are because of me, haven't had any in recent memory.

My last was trying to flash my old motherboard with a wrong bios. For some reason my stupid OEM motherboard wasn't on the site, so I attempted to flash to a similar one. In the end I just bought a new motherboard, so I now operate on the 'If it ain't broken, don't fix it' idea.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • O_O How the heck did you do all THAT?

I did a lot of beta testing and was still trying to figure out BASIC coding at that time. I've since given up on BASIC and any programming as well as I've switched over to mac. I;ve never had any problems with it.
    (on the other hand, I did become super-proficient in reformatting, partitioning, and re-installing Windows at that time.)

Zet

Years
  • All my computer problems were because of Acer, mostly when I booted up the computer some start up ddl file wasn't found, the numerous BSOD for some software which some how led to another boot problem, I could pretty much go on and on

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • I did a lot of beta testing and was still trying to figure out BASIC coding at that time. I've since given up on BASIC and any programming as well as I've switched over to mac. I;ve never had any problems with it.
    (on the other hand, I did become super-proficient in reformatting, partitioning, and re-installing Windows at that time.)

super-proficient? I do have to admit you made a good partition and reformat when i attempted Mac. However I lost everything, Thank god for backing it up.

Oh by the way I got Office again.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I've had to reinstall Windows XP at least 5 times in the past 3-4 years or so since I used to get a whole lot of viruses randomly as my Anti-virus software used to be pretty bad.

I've had one hardware problem before which was last year when one of my RAM cards died out on me. And then when I took it in to get it checked, the guy told me my motherboard had died and I should buy a new laptop. O_O Luckily my Dad figured out it was the RAM which was dead...

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • Before mine went dead ...err black screen (the light comes on but thats it)...it was always freezing up. The issue turned out to be heatsink(spell?). Anyway, I am getting it fixed and getting my ram updated....I had less than half a gig. ;_;

Tré

Raised by the bastards of 1969
    Years
  • well mos ago...i got this script virus thingy....if you start windows...after 1 second it will shutdown again...T-T...and you know what i only made it myself with a guide in youtube videos....but then 'twas accidentaly opened then that happen... good...thing i had a system back up software thingy on my pc....well 'twas rolled back...but my pc is slow now...as slow as a crawling snail..T-T

Back