• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What deck do you play with? (Yu-Gi-Oh)

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    I go Exodia all the way, but I don't play much because everyone that I know plays MTG.
    MTG rocks (but so does YuGiOh). If I do find someone, the next YuGiOh deck I'll create is probably a bug deck.

IDIE

I am ready to pimp!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Sc
    • Seen Jun 23, 2009
    Im playing with Gadgets once more. Though I was thinking about Ancient Gear Lock.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
    A dragon based creator spam!

My friends use Ancient Gears and they are so annoying and another uses armed dragons

IDIE

I am ready to pimp!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Sc
    • Seen Jun 23, 2009
    I came up with a deck that runs those 2000 attach Gear monsters, and 3 cold wave. It prevents your opponenet from playing spell/ trap cards.

Im currently running Macro Stun.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    I have an Insect Deck, with the strategy of Ultimate Insect played, along with Prickle Fairy, and the Insect Barrier/DNA Surgery or Parasite Paracide with Jade Insect Whistle. I haven't played in ages, so I don't think it will work. Most powerful card there is Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Aliens are blah, they don't have a chance. I made a few more threads guys, please check them out.

...and your reasoning behind this tripe is...what? There's actually quite a few things to be said for alien these days, between A Ruins (continuous spell, gains 1 A counter every time an alien dies, remove 2 A counters from anywhere to graveyard recur any alien you have), Mass Brain Washing (control up to 3 opposing monsters with A counters on them for one turn) and the way Gol'Gar can loop both alongside a multitude of other options, while spamming the field with A counters. A lot of the stronger Aliens are also Honest-compatible light monsters and they can be mass-dumped through Snake Rain to set up A Ruins and Alien Monite. Once you get going, Gol'Gar can then set up A-Counters for A Ruins and Mass Brain Washing, allowing you to swing at your opponent with their own monsters or use them as tuning fodder with Monite. Not top-tier strategy, but certainly a good candidate for play in slightly less OTKO-crazed circles. Just because something isn't doing it yet, it doesn't mean it can't be done, you know. <<

As for me, I play with my friends online, so whatever random idea or concept strikes my fancy I play. I've played, with varying degress of success, Wetlands, a Blue-Eyes/Demise slap-together, Reverse Burn, Skill Drain Shield and Sword, Fairy rush, Cloudian synchros, and an odd little anti-meta build I and Icha came up with among countless others. Cloudian synchro in particular has been working out surprisingly well for me. I actually gave my friend's Lightsworn build a run for its money, though he hit an extremely lucky streak in topdecking first Monster Reborn and then Judgment Dragon and eventually won out. (partially because I made a stupid misplay that let him nab my Stardust)

But yeah, I never copy off the competitive builds. To my way of thinking, if you just slavishly take a decklist from someone else instead of thinking things through for yourself, you have no right to call it your deck either. Just a copy of someone else's deck (most likely played badly). To me, that's incredibly lame, and I play this game for shits and giggles, not srs business, so I prefer playing originals. Anyone can win by dropping a buttload of Black Feathers on the field/Judgment Dragon nuking stuff and swinging for the fences, but playing with the neglected and the obscure actually forces you to come up with new solutions to problems and I find that refreshing.

And again, I've just found that playing hardcore competitives makes for a boring game because it usually ends, one way or the other, before the other player even got started. :\

IDIE

I am ready to pimp!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Sc
    • Seen Jun 23, 2009
    I know what support there are for Aliens, I kinda know alittle about the so called meta right now. I went to locals (flooded with Gb, Ls) and played Macro Stun (Skill Drains,etc) and made 1st place twice.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    I know what support there are for Aliens, I kinda know alittle about the so called meta right now. I went to locals (flooded with Gb, Ls) and played Macro Stun (Skill Drains,etc) and made 1st place twice.

Well that's all well and good, but again I ask: could you actually motivate what you say? Just giving the equivalent of 'it sucks' with no motivation is basically spam/borderline flame. Making 1st place in locals does not turn every judgment you make self-evident, so how about practicing the use of that oft-neglected word 'because'?

IDIE

I am ready to pimp!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Sc
    • Seen Jun 23, 2009
    I wasn't impliying making 1st in locals to anything Alien related. Aliens been out for years, and havent gotten anywhere. Same thing applys to other deck types. Just because they make so called "new support" doesn't mean the decks going to be good.
    And fyi, this isn't an Alien discussion thread. If YOU want to talk about this dead deck, you make a thread about it.

Twilight Hero

I'm that guy
    Years

I wasn't impliying making 1st in locals to anything Alien related. Aliens been out for years, and havent gotten anywhere. Same thing applys to other deck types. Just because they make so called "new support" doesn't mean the decks going to be good.
    And fyi, this isn't an Alien discussion thread. If YOU want to talk about this dead deck, you make a thread about it.
    Hrm. If this isn't a thread to discuss any deck or a particular kind of deck, then I don't think it should be a place to braggarts to point out their accolades. Try to leave your ego out of the thread please.

As for aliens, I think they've got plenty of neat support coming in, like Alien Dog, Kid, Ruins, and that damned Gol'Gar. Maybe they're not top tier right now, but maybe that's because no ones found the right build yet. They're still pretty nasty in their own right. What other theme can set up their ace by just playing Foolish Burial and summoning one tuner?

Me, I've always been a fan of the variable decks, which I suppose you could say is toolbox-ish. Just a random assortment of cards that I personally like that cover a wide range of situations. I get a little bored with themed decks, so this was a nice way to keep me interested in the game. These mish-mash decks can be quite successful if you play it right.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024

I have to say, you are bragging about your deck, and the post you replied to didn't have any mention of Aliens. To be honest, your bragging is annoying a little bit, and don't say they haven't got anywhere! It depends on the person as to whether they are used!

Anyway, an update on my playing. I have an Exodia/Destiny Board/Final Countdown deck. Call it what you will, it has it's flaws...

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I have to say, you are bragging about your deck, and the post you replied to didn't have any mention of Aliens. To be honest, your bragging is annoying a little bit, and don't say they haven't got anywhere! It depends on the person as to whether they are used!

Anyway, an update on my playing. I have an Exodia/Destiny Board/Final Countdown deck. Call it what you will, it has it's flaws...

I'd call that "Extreme Alternate Win Condition."

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
    I use a beat down deck with some def in it, and a burn deck. beatdown is my fav though.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    I've got a Light-type Counter deck (anything you do, I've got a Counter Trap/Effect for) that has the added bonus of completely blocking opponent Special Summons via Black Horn of Heaven and Vanity's Ruler. Mystical Knight of Jackal can pull off some pretty nasty locks, too.

And when I'm not feeling [as] mean, I have an Insect low-level Beatdown + Removal deck. For the first half, Arsenal Bug is my main attacker, and he slips nicely under Level Limit. The second half runs on the instant card destruction effects of 3x Needle Worm/Robbin' Zombie/3x Swarm of Scarabs/3x Swarm of Locusts/3x Doom Dozer. Can bring an opponent from a full deck to Deckout in almost no time.

IDIE

I am ready to pimp!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Sc
    • Seen Jun 23, 2009
    Everybody knows about Necroface getting it's reprint, and so is Allure of Darkness.

The rest of you need to stop hating.

Back