• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you dislike about this generation?

Years
    The music. Say what you will, but this has the worst music out of any pokemon game except ORAS and parts of RS. The best music belongs to B&W.

Limited TMs.

Slow walking.

The bigger pokemon designs. Shinx, Starly, and a few others were adorable, but a good chunk of the big pokemon designs were some of the worst of any game (cough drapion cough). Any GAME, not POKEMON game.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Why are kanto's pokemon so low leveled?
    ALSO STOP CALLING MOM! IT'S MY MONEY YOU HEAR!!!

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    - Surf's walking speed in D/P. Glad they fixed it in Platinum and HG/SS.

- The long save times after using the pc.

Ugh, I remembered the surfing speed in D/P which I forgot to mention. It's extremely slow and add that with the slow battle system make that 2 times slow paced. If I recall correctly, there's not much water routes which somewhat balances it out.

For the long save times, I remember the infamous "Saving a lot of data" message which is pretty long. Glad that this is fixed in later games.

Sukyandaru

kimi ni baby sweet berry love
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2019
    I really liked most parts of the games, though as others have mentioned there weren't many fire types around so I guess I disliked that.

Also, it was really hard to breed Pokemon with good IVs unless you knew how to abuse the RNG ;<.

Pond

I'm not cute, I'll mess you up.
    Years
    I've been replaying Platinum and I got to say that the worst part of the game is how slow it is. Actual movement wise and story wise. I just want to get through to the plot!
    HGSS are somewhat unplayable for me because of how slow it is, even though I love that pokemon follow you.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    There were many things I disliked about the generation.

It didn't really seem as good as the third generation in terms of color. I loved the more whimsical sprites of the Pokémon in 2003.

There weren't many Fire-types as well. Why was Flint an Elite Four in the first place?

They also had to replace the Battle Facilities with less Battle Facilities. Why were there 7, but now there are only 5?! Also the Frontier Brain music wasn't as good as the last generation's.

Next, the rival. I seriously hate Barry's style. Who would fine someone for not making it in time? Barry does. He's Gen IV's Gary. Hey, they even have rhyming names!

Spiritomb. I didn't hate the Pokémon, but they way to unlock it seems exceedingly hard and nearly impossible to do. It seems like Spiritomb is a legendary, and this effectively becomes one of the hardest Pokémon to even encounter in the wild. Feebas is in first place.

This generation, however, introduced good things as well. A Pokémon God, a psychopathic (or sociopathic?) villainous team leader, a mansion that can scare the living soul out of you (and a haunted TV), and Gliscor. Overall the generation was OK.

Back