• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you do with the Red Gyarados?

What did you do with the Red Gyarados?

• Used it in my team as a main member

Votes: 96 23.7%
  • HM slave

Votes: 83 20.5%
  • Boxed, never to see the light again

Votes: 189 46.7%
  • Wait, people caught that thing?

Votes: 37 9.1%

• Total voters

Soraine

(*゚.゚)
Years
  • Caught it and since then it's only been in my party for a few hours before she went back into the box.

edit: Actually, since posting this my shiny Gyarados has been in my party ever since ^_^

Last edited:

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I boxed it never to see the light again. its just like a trophy of a rip off shiny because like everybody has one.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
  • In my first playthrough of Silver I left him in my box to rot.
    In Crystal, I used him for a little while.

In my recent playthrough of Silver, I used him till the end, although I stopped playing after I beat Red. (this playthrough was on an Emulator, not gameboy like my other games)

In Soul Silver, I used him till I beat the Elite 4, but I gave up on him after cause he didn't have thrash or any good moves that he had in Silver like Dragonbreath (well, taught from the TM) or Thrash. So I got bored of him. I probably would've liked him wayyy more if the "Follow me" sprite was larger, he doesn't seem that cool in his sprite. I would've loved to see a regular-sized Gyarados, though that's probably impossible.

Jirachel

You steal my apples, you die.
    Years
  • Well, my first playthrough of HeartGold, I named him Ocean Eyes and kept him in my party 'till the end. He worked, I guess, I needed a water type, and he fit the position.

In all of my other playthroughs, I kinda just ignored him. Either I put it in my box after I caught it or I just didn't catch it. I didn't really wanna use him twice.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • I think I used him as a member on my team up until the Elite Four when I replaced him with Dragonite.
    Now he sits in my box, probably never going to see the light of day again.

Oh never mind, I forgot. I traded him for a level 10 Pidgey with my friend.
    Lawl.

H i l d a

S p r i t e r
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    Just caught that shiny gyardos, and he's currently rotting in my box.

Years
  • I bought my game used, so I tried to PokeTranfer to my White version, but "Nick" put Waterfall on it, so I ended up deleting him once I got Lugia, Groudon, and some others over because I was too lazy to find the Move Deleter (honestly, SS is my first Johto game. I never played G/S/C, so I don't know where anything is and it's been forever since I played in Kanto, so that just made my mental map even worse). xD When I get him on my current playthrough, I'll probably KO him since it'll still go in my ShinyDex and I don't feel like RNGing him myself. I only really RNG for Legendary IVs anymore. :P

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    HM slave and PC until further notice. :p *Moar labor*

Prime-

Monotype Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    Hm Slave of course, I prefer the colour blue anyways. :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    box! will also be shiny, but if they can have it all that good is ...

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I used it only to pass through the whirlpools ...
    And currently is boxed, for another long moment I think !

Shelmet

Spiraling Disastertastrophe
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2012
    I put it in my PC pretty much as soon as I caught it. I already had a Gyarados on my team at the time, and it was a few levels higher than the red one (about 10-15). I didn't think it was worth taking the time to train the red Gyarados just for the reason of having a shiny Pokémon on my team.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
  • I usually use them for the team Rocket mission that happens right after catching it, it's thrash usually defeats every Rocket's whole team. But then right afterwards I either use it up to the E4 or I put it away. I just don't like how long it takes to start every battle when he's in the front. I can't imagine being in a cave and having to wait while he comes out, lowers the opponents attack, and does the shiny effect every single time a Zubat appears.

Back