• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you do with the Red Gyarados?

What did you do with the Red Gyarados?

• Used it in my team as a main member

Votes: 96 23.7%
  • HM slave

Votes: 83 20.5%
  • Boxed, never to see the light again

Votes: 189 46.7%
  • Wait, people caught that thing?

Votes: 37 9.1%

• Total voters

Draganera

lolwhut? :D
Years
  • I use it mainly as a HM Slave. >:D
    Whirlpool, Surfer and Waterfall. ^^
    Whirlpool and Waterfall are two Attacks which I never would teach a Team Pokémon, and I don't need the red Gyarados actually. ;3

XJ55

Boxed :D I did not need a Gyarados at that point of the game :D

Dark343

Do not trust The Matrix.
    Years
  • Boxed/Pokewalkered. At the time, I already had a good water-type that was highler level.
    Plus, it ain't that great. Got a bad nature and bad IVs.
    Even in the originals, he was boxed in favour of my blue Dos.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • i didnt catch it because after i thought about, everybody that plays the game will most likely catch it, so i got good exp out of it instead. I rather find an actual shiny pokemon that not everybody has. :D

Major Tom

♖♞♝♚ ♛♝♞♖
    Years
  • I just boxed him and forgot about him.

But when I transferred him to White I saw that he was Adamant and had quite good IVs so I EV trained him and now he is great at battles and is part of my main team.

BronzeSteelix

Born to be a Winner
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2011
    I traded for a scyther. I'm not a big garados fan, and it feels cheap since everyone else is getting the same thing to. Unfortunately, the trader already had 5 more shiny garados, so that was a waste

Rio448

Hoenn Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    I never caught him, I use Feraligatr in my team as a water type instead. And I have other pokemon as HM slaves

Simmy93

Aspiring Emulator
    Years
  • I used him in my original run through but I hate the fact everyone gets a Shiny Gyarados, it was put into Gold to show off shinies and be unique but in this day and age I wish it were a normal one. :(

Espinight

That Dutch Guy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    I usually only train it when I feel like it, so it's not a regular member of my party. Still, I like it too much to use it as my HM slave. It's a friggin' Red Gyarados, after all.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • sometimes if i dont have a good water pokemon i will use it in my team but in my current run its sitting in the box to probably never see the light of day again

Pokemon♥girl

ah AM a big pony...
    Years
  • Caught him, and named him Shiny :P

i dont use him that often unless i need a strong water type or something

idk, i still think he's kewl XD

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • Well, on my Heartgold, I used it as a HM slave and in the Pokeathlon (Did I spell that right? Does anyone even do the Pokeathlon for that matter?), because his nature SUCKS and he had extremely bad IVs (Like, he had 2 IVs in Attack bad)

On Soulsilver, he has a Jolly Nature with some DANG good IVs in Attack, Special Defense, and Speed. I think he has 31 in Speed, at least, that's what I remember last time I checked. He is still at Lv. 30, waiting on me to get a new DSi so that I can EV train him and DESTROY my friends. Been wanting a good Gyarados for my wifi team.

Back