• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you do with the Red Gyarados?

What did you do with the Red Gyarados?

• Used it in my team as a main member

Votes: 96 23.7%
  • HM slave

Votes: 83 20.5%
  • Boxed, never to see the light again

Votes: 189 46.7%
  • Wait, people caught that thing?

Votes: 37 9.1%

• Total voters

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
  • Restarted my HG awhile ago and actually attempted to use him. He's just hogging space, desperately trying to keep up with the rest of my team.

Lolnope.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2014
    For me...an HM slave at most times. I remember putting it in my team against the Elite Four, however, it didn't do much.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I put him in a box and then I forgot he even existed or else I would have used him for something.

User19sq

Caught it, traded it to PT., took it to the move tutor in the Survival Area, gave it a powerful moveset, traded it back, and got through the Elite Four easily.

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • My red Gyarados happened to have an Adamant Nature (+Att -SpA), which was really lucky haha~ :P It is currently residing in my PC Box, and I plan to EV train it when I am in the mood some time. :)

Eclispe

Beginning PsyDragon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    I caught it and boxed it, just as the poll says, lol, it never saw the light of day again. I could never find a use for it.

Last edited:

Myungsoo

t h e c h a s e r
    Years
  • It depends on what my team looked like that point in the game. If I needed a water type, I'd catch it. If I didn't really need it I would catch it and box it to never see the light of day.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    I left it in my box, crappy nature plus, my water type is Quagsire and Flying is Crobat

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2012
    Sadly, he is my first and only shiny, in 10+ years of playing, and he has become my slave.

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
  • If it has a good nature, (and if I didn't pick Totodile) I'll use it. Otherwise it ends up an HM slave or GTS fodder.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Since I had a vacant spot on my team for Dratini I used it until Blackthorn, than it became my Whirlpool slave

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
  • Temporarily he became a HM Slave, but he's nice and cosy in his box now. Being red means virtually nothing; everyone gets a Shiny Gyarados, which sort of defies the point if you think about it.

I've always had a bit of a beef with Gyarados. The whole Magikarp/Gyarados thing is a bit of a joke. Even though Gyarados is strong, by using Exp. Share or switching out your Magikarp it has no Effort Points, so it is a lot weaker than it could be. No, I've never really wanted a Gyarados in my team.

Cyprium

Maître de la Terre
    Years
  • After catching it in Heart Gold I boxed it for the rest of my time playing it. However, once I was able to transfer Pokémon from Gen IV to V, I actually begun training it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I think I just stuck my Red Gyarados in my PC box, I already had my shiny Lapras as my Water type.

Back