• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What did you nickname your pokemon?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
  • My favorite nicknames I've given recently were "CharFox 64" to a Fennekin and "Jalhalla" to my Chandelure. I really want a shiny Tyrunt with my OT so I can name it BlueTooth, haha.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    If I ever nickname my Pokemon, I name them after my friends... but I don't take account of gender so sometimes things get a bit... awkward.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I managed to catch a Torchic today, and decided to name it "May." Guess it reminded me of her, so why not? xD" If I get a hold of Mudkip, I might be naming it "Brock."

Years
  • I nicknamed a Shiny Vulpix that I hatched from the first craze of shiny values.. still waiting to hand it to someone special though, so I'd rather not say the name just yet <3

Other than that, none of my Kalos-originated Pokémon are nicknamed yet.. I have my female Emboar from Black 2 though, and her name is "Emby."

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
    Years
  • I've tried to give nicknames to as many as my main Y team pokemon as possible:

Dale the Chesnaught - My friend was helping me starter farm and said "we should have chespin one can be chip the other can be dale and they'll be brothers!" But chip is a stupid name so I took Dale.

Kirita the Aegislash - Kirita is a sword in soul calibur 6 piloted by Xiangua (sp?) who is the main female "protagonist" if you can call her that.

Diana the Tyrantrum - It's a female and Diana was a famous royal figure you've probably heard of her ;)

Villon the Greninja - Francois Villon is the name of a French Thief turned poet who is quite infamous and considered one of the greatest thieves in the history of the world. My Greninja has thief for Dark STAB because he spends a lot of time stealing the heart (scales) of Luvdisk everywhere. He's such a romantic.

Lita the Hawlucha - Lita was a female wrestler who used to be with the WWE and she was good. She used to be part of a group called the Hardy Boys and their specialty was jumping around the ring and kicking people, which kinda fits Hawlucha's fighting style seeing as it consists of "spam High Jump Kick"

Solei the Heliolisk - French for "sun"

Titania the Mawile - Titania is the queen of the faries from "A Midsummer Night's Dream" Also corresponds to Erza from Fairy Tail if you're into that and she uses a lot of steel too! Mawile is OP

Hirunda the Talonflame - Hirundapus caudacutus, aka the Spine-tailed swift, has the fastest level flying speed. With Talonflame getting Gale Wings, it's almost guaranteed to outspeed everything should it use a flying move. I just stole the first part from "Hirundapus" because Hirundapus sounds like a hippo that got featured on Barney or Teletubbies one time.

Varanus the Dragalge - Same principle as Talonflame. Stole "Varanus" from the scientific name for a Komodo Dragon

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
    Years
  • My current team and their nicknames:

Tyranitar- Ares. A semi-generic name, but I like it and feels like it fits him.
    Clefable- Ursa Major. Quite proud of this one. ^^ I think it's quite fitting.
    Bisharp- Checkmate. Your move.
    Goodra- The Lord. Praise Goomy!
    Gengar- Questlove. After Questlove Jenkins and that cheesy grin of his. xD

Mandibuzz- No nickname currently. Having trouble with this one, can't think of a really good one. :/

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016
    I've been on a bit of a pichu binge and I've named most of the pichu after element + 'y or ie.' For example, I named one pichu Icy or Icee like the drink. I want summer so bad after this long winter >.< Also, I named one Sunny P after the drink :p. I might do a solo run or run without evolving Pichu in my Pokemon x and y version. i'm getting tired of only raising competitive pokes. :p

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2014
    I always give my pokémon stupid names, my favourite is your dick
    I just love how they say your dick grew to level x
    or... your dick has grown alot :D

soreninja

Dat Tongue Scarf tho...
    Years
  • Here's my Team:

Strider the Greninja - Greninja really reminds me of Strider from Strider Hiryu, and I love the series, so I named my greninja after Strider.

Pyro the Charizard - The Pyro nickname came from the Marvel Villain Pyro because I really liked that villain, yeah it's a common name, but it's still badass.

Cosmo the Gogoat - The name Cosmo came from the girl in Sonic X, Cosmo. Cosmo (Sonic X) is one of my favorite characters in Sonic X because she had an interesting backstory, and she's a plant... a grass type... wonderful... But Gogoat is a boy boy, but I still named it Cosmo XD.

Pirika the Heliolisk - Pirika came from the anime show Aoi sekai no chuunsin de (World War Blue), she is a parody of Pikachu, and she shoots bolts, awesome.

Godzilla the Tyrantrum - Cause he's Godzilla...

Sonic the Lucario - I named him Sonic because Lucario reminds me of my favorite video game franchise, the Sonic franchise.

Well, that was pretty long, this is my X team, I will buy Pokemon Y soon and have a brand new team.

Years
  • Lesse...

Greninja ♂: Nindo
    Talonflame ♀ : Robyn
    Heliolisk ♂: Helix
    Sylveon ♀ : Esmer
    Meowstic ♀ : Leroy
    Goodra ♀ : Pudsie

I'm not very creative when it comes to nicknaming ._. These are the guys that got me through the game.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • Pokemon X:

Espeon (Séraphine)
    Absol (Eliza)
    Sylveon (Naomi)
    Vaporeon (Marina)
    Lucario (Luc)

I can't remember what my sixth Pokemon was lol I'm sure it looked like a cat.

In Pokemon Y:

Scyther (Scyther - WonderTrade)
    Vivillon (Prismillon - from my French X)
    Larvesta (Larvesta)

Not too nice at this point for Y. I was hoping to do a "a" and "ik" pattern i.e. if Scyther was nameable (and female), it'd be Scytha - the male counterpart would've been Scythik. Hard to do with traded Pokemon lol Too bad.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I have a few nicknames I'm proud of:

Delphox (Firaga) - Fire type, Magician (=Mage?), fan of Final Fantasy
    Crawdaunt (Lobstar) - He's a lobster with a star on his head, hence Lobstar
    Raichu (Sparky Mouse) - My friend nicknamed this before trading it to me T_T

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • A lot of my nicknames are usually references to other games, anime, or even mythology. Anyways, the nicknames I've given to my Y team were...

Claire (Delphox) - I had to soft-reset at least ten times for a female Fennekin, just so I can give her this nickname. The name originated from the character Claire Elstein from Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance, in which she was a tsundere fire mage. I just thought Delphox seemed to have a lot in common with Claire, so I decided to name her that.

Meruru (Azumarill) - Just named here off the character Meruru from Atelier Meruru, LOL.

Bridget (Sylveon) -
    Named after the character Bridget from Guilty Gear, who was a guy that looked a lot like a girl. So, same thing here. My Slyveon, although looks feminine was a male.

Laguna (Venusaur) - Named after Laguna from FF8. Also a shout out to a past Nuzlocke run of mine.

Tana (Salamence) -
    Named after Tana from FE:SS, who was a Pegasus Knight that can promote to a Wyvern Knight. Also, my Salamence was female which really helped in picking this name.

Shyvana (Garchomp) - Named after the LoL Champion, Shyvana! Although, my Garchomp didn't breath fire, she was still a wreckage machine like Shyvana is.

Jormungandr (Gyarados)
    - Named after the Ouroboros of Norse Mythology, Jormungandr. Honestly, there is not much reasoning behind this name as it was just from the top of my head.

Ragna (Absol) - Named after Ragna the Bloodedge from Blazblue. Both have the colour of white on their body somewhere, and both possess sword like things.

Chrom (Heracross)
    - Named after FE: Awakening's Chrom. Although, Heracross doesn't use any slashing type attacks, the blue colour scheme of his just reminded me of Chrom.

Kefka (Exeggutor)
    - Named after FF6's Kefka. Exeggutor's faces seemed to be like a form of crazy that just reminded me of the maniacal Kefka.

Peashy (Raichu) - Name used to be Neptune before I changed it. Her first nickname Neptune was just a randomish name I gave her. I renamed her Peashy since I thought Raichu's yellowish colour scheme fits the name Peashy better than Neptune. Either way, both names came from the characters Neptune and Peashy from Hyperdimension Neptunia.

Axel (Talonflame) - Named after the hot-head Nobody Axel from KH2.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
  • Didn't name my team in X but I did in Y.
    • Delphox is Shin
    • Alakazam is Yoshiaki
    • Sylveon is Kouki
    • Tyrantrum is Tatsuya
    • Skitty is Kirara
    • Bulbasaur is Masaki
    • Politoed is Ryoko
    • Noctowl is Satomi
    • Lucario is Kitsune
    • Pikachu is Raiden
    • Quagsire is Umi
    • Chingling is Kotone
    • Chatot is Sora
    • Staraptor is Yoichi
    • Mawile is Yuuta

These were all my main pokes rotated due to needs. I transferred all these pokes to my X game and started all over again though in Y.​

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I really like puns and bad jokes. So, I had to shorthand it like crazy, but I named my Meganium♀ Leafin' On A Prayer. It was a lot more fitting for her as a wee little Chikorita, but I still love it.

After that, the few I did nickname in my team got music-related names.
    Kingdra♀ - Sirenia
    Luxray♂ - Sonata Arctica
    Aggron♂ - Marco Hietala
    Meowstic♀ - Emilie Autumn
    Sylveon♀ - Jade Valerie
    Zygarde - Spunky... because it ate 20 Dusk Balls - at night, in a cave, with 1 HP and paralyzed - and several Luxury Balls, but the first cheap Heal Ball I throw, he loves. I never had a Legendary so picky about what ball it was in.

And the ones I wonder trade away are usually more bad puns/jokes:
    Geodude - Rock'n'Roll
    Larvesta - Don't Bug Out
    Tympole - ToadalyCool
    Tepig - Bacon (naturally)
    ..There's probably more.

Euphoric

Indefatigable
    Years
  • Porygon2 - Duck Sauce
    Qwilfish - PuckerUp!
    Haxorus - Leviathan
    Staraptor - Zephyr
    Milotic - Temporal

Last edited:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • In Pokemon X, I nicknamed the members of my team after World War II ships
    Greninja (Enterprise) The inspiration was the American aircraft carrier USS Enterprise CV-6
    Gogoat (Littorio) The inspiration was the Italian battleship Littorio
    Aegislash (Hood) The inspiration was the British battlecruiser HMS Hood (51)
    Aurorus (Voroshilov) The inspiration was the Soviet cruiser Voroshilov
    Heliolisk (Kaga) The inspiration was the Japanese aircraft carrier Kaga
    Noivern (Bismarck) The inspiration was the German battleship Bismarck

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    We have a Blaziken called Coqneur. It's a rather obvious pun, but let's see if someone can point it out.

Back