• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What did you use your Master Ball on?

EvilMuffinKate

Mimi! XD
Years
  • I caught a shiny Tentacool using a Pokeball or I think it was a nest ball.
    I knew Tentacool was so random , but I caught it for the sake of getting one shiny until my game corrupts.

Back to the topic, I always use it on Latios (I play Ruby!), since they run away, and real annoying to chase around town (Hoenn).
    In FR, I used it on a pathetic Zapdos. I'm not sayin' he's worthless, don't get me wrong. I just meant I could've used an Ultra Ball on it! Although, I had no more Ultraballs (or any kind) in my bag, except for that Master Ball, and since I have no choice, I just used it on the Zapdos. :(

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I still have mine, since I haven't actually caught any Legendaries apart from Groudon yet. I'll find one of the dogs one day. D8

Master Jecht

Hmmm..
    Years
  • i used it on groudon/kyogre just because i don't want to spend time trying to capture them over and over. I just want to advance the plot so i can beat the game.

Tyranitar.

The Reborn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    I used mine for every legendary since they were so stubborn >_O Since I cloned my masterballs. But I used the original one on Latios

Last edited:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • 'Cause master balls are mega rare, I used it on hard to catch ones. Usually I used it on the Latis and the Beasts, but occasionally on shinies( If I happened to get one.)

Years
  • In the Ruby game I once rented, I used it on Latios, because the game was out on rental and I didn't want to waste time tracking the thing all over Hoenn. It's hard enough running into him in the first place, but having to track him down several more times to weaken and catch him takes way too long, and I didn't want to pay overdue fines for a late-returned game. Latios was pretty much the only reason I rented Ruby, anyway, so it was worth using the Master Ball on him. I needed him to complete my Hoenn Pokedex in Emerald.

In Emerald, I had two Master Balls, so I used them on Rayquaza and, I believe, Groudon. I caught Kyogre in an Ultra Ball. The reason I had two Master Balls was because I traded one over from a copy of Fire Red I rented and never finished. I know I could've used one on Latias, but I preferred to go through the whole deal of catching her in an Ultra Ball. I used Wobbuffet against her so that she couldn't escape during my capture attempt.

Clevink

Don't mess with Espeon...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    If I know I'm going to be playing the game and stick with it, then Lati@s, but if it's just some game I'm doing for a little bit to pass the time, then probably Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza.

solopy567

Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
    Years
  • I used it on an electrode right after i got it.

When you get the master ball in RSE, there are the electrodes left....I got lucky and one of them was shiny. Considering my past experiences with those electrode, i knew they were going to self destruct, so i used the master ball i got a second before

Years
  • i usuallly keep them i like a challenge with caputuring thing im still shocked thaat i caught a mewtwo with a pokeballl

Back