• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what do you do when you're extremely distressed?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    to answer my own question, i drink or watch films that are depressing enough to numb me completely.

what about you?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Daydream about... things. Or plot ways to rebel against my parents, since they are the ones that usually distress me. >_>

Years
  • Hibernate in my room under a big blanket with comfort food and all my guilty pleasures until I feel like joining the human race again.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • I draw, and I write stories. I listen to music until my ears burn. I punch walls until I can't feel my knuckles.

It all depends on why I'm distressed.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • I usually put on my Boston CD and go driving up in the hills. Then, after I'm feeling better, I put my car in neutral and (almost literally) fly all the way back down to my house.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I take a hot shower or rest in my bed just thinking about things completely unrelated to what I'm distressed about.
    Usually I count my blessings though.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I play video games...the more violent the better. As long as I get to kill things to vent my frustrations, I'll get over it. :P

Ayselipera

I listen to music or go out for a drive. Actually I usually end up combining the two.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Depending on what has me distressed, I tend to do several things, not always all of them each time

For minor stuff, usually I just pull my zune out of my pocket and listen to it, if I'm not doing so already. If I am already listening to it already, I pull it out, pick a good song and turn it up. It calms me, and gives me time to think things out and mellow out

For the rare occasions that I'm majorly distressed, my behavior really varies based on what the problem is, what my problem is and who/what is the source of the problem.
    From just putting on my headphones, cranking up my music to high volume and ignoring everyone until I am calm again to doing things like walking away, it varies wildly. I'm generally a pretty calm guy so it takes a heck of a problem to get me that upset. :3

Years
  • Listen to music, usually depressing. Sometimes play video games. Write or read my writing. But most importantly, at least start a depressing LJ/blog entry, if not post it. Very rarely, cry it out.

...really, what I usually do when I'm in a better mood. As you can tell I'm a boring person.

OH! And look at cat marcos. Cat macros almost always make me feel better. :')

(Speaking of distressed, that's how I feel right now. I should play more Pokemon. I think it'd make me feel better, just a little bit...)

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • I usually listen to music, play a game or sometimes I even watch anime... which is quite often because I'm usually in some sort of constant distress due to reasons I won't mention.

Anything can distress me at some point. I usually try to do something that I love to help and sometimes it doesn't so i talk to some of my very closest friends and I feel a lot better. XD I also tend to write it in my LJ too... since I often have it friends only. I know that some of the people or things that might have caused the distress, won't read what I say. Because you know how sometimes you tend to say stuff you don't mean when you're upset, right? :P Well yeah... lol XD

Back