• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you NOT want to see in GSDS? :D

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    =[ Why do you say that? Then there will be nothing to do after you beat the game. >.> At least the Battle Tower, which I am 100% sure they will have it.

There's a lot of things you can do. Anyways yes, since Crystal had the Battle Tower they might add the Battle Tower again to this remake.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    There's a lot of things you can do. Anyways yes, since Crystal had the Battle Tower they might add the Battle Tower again to this remake.
    Battle Tower/Frontier is only reason I still play Pokemon other then battling over Wi-Fi. =\

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The thing I wouldn't like to see in this remake is the Hoenn or Sinnoh region in the game. I would more want them to have the Kanto region in the game with the Johto region.

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
    Team Rocket, personally I want just one game without an ebil organization trying to conquer the world.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Wait, without Team Rocket in there, then what would be the large plot of the game?

Anyway, I agree, I wouldn't want any other region, but Kanto and maybe the Sevii Islands added in either.

.Fenris

Years
    Not so much completely removing the antagonist from the game, but a single bad guy or a small group with a different motive than 'w0r1d d0min4t10n!!!1111one!!1111' or '2 cre4te a noo world!!!!111one111!!'

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Except Team Rocket isn't looking for World Domination, they are more trying to do the "get rick quick" scheme. I don't disagree with you on the world domination teams though (Galactic), it just has been too much, and should keep out of this game.

.Fenris

Years
    I coulda swore Giovanni said something about conquering the world with Pokemon...
    either way, it's a godawful cliche now.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Something I'm not looking forward to that they shouldn't add is the idea of too many underleveled Pokémon evolutions. I find that in the original it was overly done.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    They should keep all the pokemon the same! No new pokemon!

I strongly agree. They should leave all new pokemon/formes for the next generation. I wouldn't like to see new characters in the game either, unless they have a plot in the storyline to where the character is meant for it.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I agree, but HIGHLY doubt there being no Mamoswine, Yanmega, Weavile, etc that are evos to Johto Pokemon.

I think he meant like really new pokemon.

I would want to see the Sinnoh pokemon after the Elite Four, but not before.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    - No new pokemon from 3rd and 4rth gen until after you complete the game
    - Kanto should have more things to do, in G/S/C it felt lifeless
    - Safari Zone should not be closed
    - make the incoming calls optional or just get rid of it (it can get annoying when its a random)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    - No new pokemon from 3rd and 4rth gen until after you complete the game
    I'm seconding this.
    And maybe for 'complete the game' is after you defeat Red, because after the Pokemon League, there is still a whole new other region to conquer. If they start putting in Sinnoh/Hoenn Region Pokemon in there, it won't really be... "Kanto".
    I also don't want to see Kanto as the deserted thing it was in the originals. They should be able to make Kanto actually Kanto in this game (Viridian Forest not being just a whole bunch of... rock that should be trees, anyone?)

Years
    I'm seconding this.
    And maybe for 'complete the game' is after you defeat Red, because after the Pokemon League, there is still a whole new other region to conquer. If they start putting in Sinnoh/Hoenn Region Pokemon in there, it won't really be... "Kanto".
    I also don't want to see Kanto as the deserted thing it was in the originals. They should be able to make Kanto actually Kanto in this game (Viridian Forest not being just a whole bunch of... rock that should be trees, anyone?)
    I basically agree with all of what you have just said, Kanto was lifeless and that really annoyed me, I'm sure they will understand that and do the best they can to try and make it a bit more 'Kanto' as you have said.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    No Sinnoh Pokemon... I don't like ANY of them!! They're so so very ugly!! There's about 10 i like... but i have a bad feeling we wont be able to avoid them :(

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    No year-long wait. >_>
    No DP graphics, but that can't be helped.
    No major changes, because I never got into GSC, but it seemed to be THAT awesome by itself.

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Low levels, lifeless kanto, johto leaders & trainers with only kanto pokémons, new johto dex.
    And do not complain about new graphics or revamped trainers you can still play G/S/C

Years
    I like the Sinnoh Pokemon and since Sinnoh and Kanto seem to be joined by a mountain range, it is concievable there could be migration between the two regions. This doesn't mean I want a total free-for-all, just introduce Pokemon like Weavile, Yanamega and Mamoswine, as they evolved from Johto Pokemon.

I'll second TheAliveTrain, I do not want a lifeless Kanto, it should be more or less the same as in FRLG (with the exception of Cinnibar Island). If they can, they should add the Seveii Islands, as they were such an interesting area in FRLG.

Back