• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you NOT want to see in GSDS? :D

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I don't want to see the berries dissapear and never come back unless you plant them again.

I want it how it used to be...they would grow everyday on a little tree.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Honey Trees....I DO NOT WANT THEM EVER AGAIN!!!!!

Aw, why not, I think it wouldn't be too bad xD

I don't want them to take away Kurt's well known activity of making balls from Apricorns...It's too cool to remove.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Honey trees wasn't that bad. XD Maybe they could let the player Headbutt honey trees to shake out Pokémons. That, and use an item to extract the honey out so it could be some sort of HP restoring food?

I really don't want apricorns to be removed. It would suck if it did.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I'll add more later on, but as of right now, I don't want:

1. The removal of either Lugia and Ho-Oh, where the one you catch depends on version. I want them both to be in.

2. Though it kinda detracts from the main point of their legends, I want the Legendary Dogs to be stationary instead of Roaming Pokemon. Synchronizing natures and Soft-Resetting for good IVs FTW!! :)

3. The absence of Celebi's event. In-game, please! Events are such hassles nowadays...

4. HG/SS critics/whiners meeting me in the Union Room/Wi-Fi Plaza/(HG/SS) alternative building. The incessant whining must end now.

(#5 would've been a carbon copy of Jimmy/Gold's sprite and artwork, but that issue has been perfectly rectified in today's news! :D :D :D)

Please and thank you, Nintendo!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I really wouldn't like them to take away the following starter, even after evolution; take it away only when necessary.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    Honey trees wasn't that bad.
    Are you high!?!?!? Slather up honey...wait 6 hours, check tree. If its NOT the mon you want, you slather MORE honey, wait SIX MORE HOURS. It would take several weeks JUST to get the pokemon you want. Its not as much trouble as getting Beldum, but seriously, if you're gonna make it that tedious, then at least call the guys who developed F-Zero GX.

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    I'll add more later on, but as of right now, I don't want:
    1. The removal of either Lugia and Ho-Oh, where the one you catch depends on version. I want them both to be in.

That kinda destorys the point of having two games

2. Though it kinda detracts from the main point of their legends, I want the Legendary Dogs to be stationary instead of Roaming Pokemon. Synchronizing natures and Soft-Resetting for good IVs FTW!! :)

I agree, roaming legendarys are a waste of time

3. The absence of Celebi's event. In-game, please! Events are such hassles nowadays...

This is a must, Celebi is almost impossible to find

4. HG/SS critics/whiners meeting me in the Union Room/Wi-Fi Plaza/(HG/SS) alternative building. The incessant whining must end now.

Screw them, Just they because they hate Jhoto doesn't mean they have complian

(#5 would've been a carbon copy of Jimmy/Gold's sprite and artwork, but that issue has been perfectly rectified in today's news! :D :D :D)

Please and thank you, Nintendo!
    See, Someone is really thinking

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    What I don't want to see is Celebi catchable in the game. It wouldn't be as special to me for some reason.

I also hope they don't add too, too many touch screen things for this remake.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Trainers with only Rattata, Pidgey, Caterpie and Weedle. Give them some Johto pokemon! ^_^

YES, please I was so tired of seeing the trainers having basically the same Pokémon more than once. Especially seeing that barely was ever a Johto type.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    That stupid togepi egg! give me shiny Pichu!

I highly doubt they will put a shiny Pichu in the spot of the Togepi egg.

Anyways, I wouldn't like to see any other regions in the game unless it is the Kanto region. It just wouldn't be right.

exteradude

I hope they don't add the requirements for the National Pokedex like they added to D/P/P. I can understand the need to have all of the Pokemon seen, but it can get very time-consuming and a tad boring. Perhaps they can do the same thing, but this time with some new trainers to fight and a new quest? Sort of like a mix between D/P/P and FR/LG.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I hope they don't add the requirements for the National Pokedex like they added to D/P/P. I can understand the need to have all of the Pokemon seen, but it can get very time-consuming and a tad boring. Perhaps they can do the same thing, but this time with some new trainers to fight and a new quest? Sort of like a mix between D/P/P and FR/LG.

Actually, I found having to see the entire Sinnoh Dex Pokémon before getting the National Dex was a whole lot better than actually having to actually go out there and catch them. Though, yes they should have more trainers added in, but definitely not keep out the PokéDex idea from DPPt.

exteradude

I didn't exactly mean to remove the entire thing (Typed it wrong, I guess), but to come up with it in a different perspective. In FR/LG, there was a[n expanded] quest in the Sevii Islands. I'm not implying that they create another region - I'm implying that there should be something to do while you look for and see the remaining Pokemon in the Normal Dex. I just don't want them to do the exact thing they did in D/P/P. Having the same structure to get the National Dex in every game of this Generation can be a tad drastic. Having the option to undergo the (small) mini quest after the Elite 4 as well as the need to see Pokemon in the Normal Dex can give players a bit more to do instead of searching around for what Pokemon are left to see on their List.

I'm not asking to remove the need to see all of the Pokemon in the Normal Dex - I just want a different and more innovative way to do so without the need of searching around and finding them (if you haven't seen all of them, that is). At one point, when I first obtained Diamond [Diamond being my first 4th Gen Game], I had a hard time finding what turned out to be an Unown. I spend about a couple of [Frustrating] days trying to find the unknown pokemon [No pun intended] that was missing from the Normal Pokedex, until I found the brain capacity to search the Net.

I'm asking for HG/SS to not have the same system to get the National Dex as in D/P/P. At least, not exactly. These new games should have a new way to get the Pokedex, but not straying too far from D/P/P's way of getting it. I do like seeing the Pokemon for myself, but there should be some of a difference between D/P/P's and HG/SS's way of getting it.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I don't want to see any damned secret bases.

I want to decorate my damn room!

Years

I wouldn't mind having secret bases, but I wouldn't want to see the return of Sinnoh's secret base system. I loved the way secret bases worked in the third generation - it was nice getting to choose between a tree, bush or cave to build my base (I always chose this bush in a really-out-of-the-way spot on Route 119). I also liked the fact that there was a variety of room shapes to choose from. In Sinnoh, you always get this boring old square underground room that, if you're like me, will eternally be filled with boulders.

Also, I agree about decorating your room. They should definitely keep that feature.

The only other thing I can think of that I would not like to see in HG/SS is Pokemon from the 3rd and 4th generations. I wouldn't mind seeing them in Kanto or even an extra sidequest area similar to the Sevii Islands, but as far as Johto is concerned... I just want to see Pokemon from the first two generations.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

The secret bases were okay, I wouldn't mind having it again. Just like in R/S/E you could put dolls in your room, but I would want your room to have more things in it, I agree.

Back