• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you NOT want to see in GSDS? :D

Years
    Uh Oh...

So, there is already a Speculation thread, about what you want to see in Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver, but what do you not want to be there? Is it something that you didnt like about ythe old games, or something new they might change/add?

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
    New Pokemon are a big no-no. I'll be fine if they leave it at the 250 that were originally in and if they have to, add in the evolutions of those, but nothing other than those. Everything else would be fine, with me, though, as long as they try to stick to the original as much as possible.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I don't want them to change the PokéGear to the point where it's something completely new. And the Apricorns, keep the same Pokéballs. That's most likely it. (:

Edit:
    Anddd no-no walking Pokémon full-time. D:<

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    I'm sure there won't be any new Pokémon.
    Maybe new to the Johto Dex.

I don't want to see Kanto again. D<

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
    I really would hate to see new pokemon, especially Sinnoh pokemon. One thing I wanna know is will they make the touch screen the pokegear? Anyways I'd just like it to be as much like the real Gold and Silver were as possible.

Sigura

The biggest ****ing ***** here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2013
    Orange Islands are wwhat I want to see instead of Kanto.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I don't want to see any of Gen. III or IV's Pokémons in this game. I just want it to be just 250.

Also, apricorns, GSDS gotta have them.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    [ EDIT ] Lawl, maybe now I can read the topic. >>;

I don't want to see the G/S level rate return, I'd prefer it higher this go 'round.

Last edited:

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
    Years
    I'm sure there won't be any new Pokémon.
    Maybe new to the Johto Dex.

I don't want to see Kanto again. D<
    same here the kanto region made the levels of the johto region lower which made the game easier not to mention this will be the 3rd time they have remade kanto and most of kanto before was hacked up and chopped down to size in order to fit

if they remake it as is then you'll have to endure through a messed up looking mt. moon, hacked down viridian forest and how the end of victory road was just blank

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Yeah, I hope Kanto isn't just a junkyard with gyms in this one. I'd like kanto if it were a decent revisit, but it was... kinda barren last time.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    The thing is, they're probably going to have Gen III and IV Pokemon, seeing as FR/LG added in the new Pokemon that R/B/G/Y didn't have at the time.

As for me, I would hate to see Whitney's crushing difficulty to return.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Orange Islands are what I want to see instead of Kanto.

ditto, but I still wanna see Kanto

if they did I would want them to change how you get Lugia and HO-oh.

After you beat the Johto League, you will be able to go to the Orange Islands, not all of them though, just Shamouti Island and the Orange Crew Islands and New Island.

First you get to Shamouti Island and you learn that the rest of Team Rocket are attempting something, apparently it seems like they seem to know alot of Team Rocket. And they talk about 3 special islands housing 3 legendary titans and a shrine with a special prophecy (which will be the same from the movie)

Disturb not the harmony of fire, ice or lightning, lest these titans wreak destruction upon the world in which they clash. Though the water's great guardian shall arise to quell the fighting, alone its song will fail, thus the earth shall turn to < Insert Name Here>. Oh, Chosen One. Into thine hands bring together all three. Their treasure combined, tame the Beast of the Sea.

After wards, you learn that you are the chosen one and that Team Rocket is trying to capture the " Beast of the Sea" and the 3 Legendary Titans, and so the whole quest will be a race against Team Rocket, to get to the 3 islands, Fire Island, Spark Island, and Frost Island, and then you gotta find Moltres, Articuno, and Zapdos, capture them ( or defeat them) and get the 3 spheres and bring them back to the shrine, but when you do you will be Team Rocket at the shrine, it turns out they learned of the prophecy and they were waiting her at the shrine, holding the talking Slowking hostage and the illegitimate leader will force you to relinquish the 3 spheres to you and then you 2 battle, after you beat them, the rest of the island natives subdue Team Rocket and they are gone for good. Then the 3 spheres will begin to resonate and the talking Slowking will entice you to place the spheres int he shrine and then the game will go to a cut-scene at the bottom screen. It will show the ocean and a blue silhouette in the shape of a bird will slowly arise out of the ocean. Then the Slowking will say that Lugia has finally risen and is wanting you to come help it seize the underwater current thats throwing the balance of nature out of whack. Afterwards, Lugia, seeing your valor, will allow you to try and capture it.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    No changing of Pokemon locations, please! :O

As for me, I would hate to see Whitney's crushing difficulty to return.
    I don't think EV/IVs existed in the originals. This will be a good chance to see how much they actually help in the main game. xD

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I don't want to see this return:
    "Wild Dragonair fled!"
    Oh. My. God. A shiny Grimer fled from me for no reason.... <_< I haven't had a pokemon run from me since, so it must be something only in GSC.

I don't want to see a pitiful excuse for Cinnabar Island.

Aliandro Operator

The Operator
    Years
    Whoa wait, what?!
    EVs and IVs were introduced in GSC?
    I beg to differ. They were introduced in the first generation.
    And I tested it out myself. After you train your Pokemon in certain trait, specially if it was at level 100, you deposit it and reclaim it from the PC and the stats would have leveled out and equalized depending on how you trained your Pokemon. Yes, you read that right, it was possible doing so even at level 100.
    Was. As far as I know as I never really tried it in newer gens.

But, yea. I agree. No new Pokemon AT ALL should be introduced. No pre-evos nor evos. It would just ruin the whole 'remake' part of the game. Pokemon from other regions, sure. New ones, NO!

The Operator.

Well, lots of threads here on what people expect and would like to see in the remakes, but how about the things you DONT want to see included?
    Any things you hated or disliked about the originals?
    Any new features from the recent games that you wouldn't want included in GSDS?

Now THATS what I really wanna know!

The Operator.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I do not want them to revert the Pokegear to stupid poketech screen.
    I do not want to see them use the old dragons den and not the updated crystal one.
    I do not want the ruins of alph puzzles be stuck to d-pad.
    I do not want Kanto to be small.

Aliandro Operator

The Operator
    Years
    Extremely agree on one.
    And two, you mean:
    Use the one from Crystal and update it? If so, YES! I am behind that.
    Three, I suppose it would make it better. Maybe have it on the touch screen and on the main one they'd throw in some random quotes written in Unwon Alphabet?
    Four, I think it should be expanded even beyond FrLg!

Too much, I know, but just for the heck of it. xD!

The Operator.

Back