• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you not want to see in HG/SS?

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    lol The only good thing about the Bug Catching contests was that you could catch a Scyther or a Pinsir really early in game...If they do the same for Heart Gold and Soul Silver and include other bugs like Pineco and Heracross, that would be pretty cool. :3

I disagree. Sure, you could get a Scyther or Pinsir, but you could also get Sun Stones and other rare items if you won

I would hate it if they got rid of them. It really added some fun side-quest-like stuff.

Bug catching contests were fun! But I wud get so mad when I thot I'd win because I caught a rare Scyther, only to be beaten by a guy with a Butterfree T_T

That and some guy with a Venonat. HOW DID THAT VENONAT BEAT MY LEVEL 16 BEEDRILL!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Years
    It would be cool if your trainer stayed behing the pokemon during battles... Although that might get a bit annoying.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    It would be cool if your trainer stayed behing the pokemon during battles... Although that might get a bit annoying.

The sprites would be WAY to small if they were to all fit on the screen.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I don't want to see too many things taken out of the original GSC =P. But as for specific stuff I don't want to be in the game... uh... like others I don't want honey trees, those were annoying. I actually don't really want to see the Battle Tower made into a Battle Frontier, but I suppose as long as they don't put that in in favor of something better, it's not really a big deal. I also don't want to see the same Johto Pokemon (Larvitar, Misdreavus, etc) shoved all the way until the end of the game. I want the good majority of Johto Pokemon to be available before the League.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    I do not want the Battle Frontier. It was good in Hoenn, but when they put it in Sinnoh, I found it boring. I hope they do NOT put it in this game.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    I do not want the Battle Frontier. It was good in Hoenn, but when they put it in Sinnoh, I found it boring. I hope they do NOT put it in this game.
    I agree all too much. It was a nice, unique experience when handled in Hoenn because it was shiny and new; but in Sinnoh the experience just seemed cheapened. I just don't want this idea to be recycled over and over, personally. >>

The Amazing Scizor

The Traveller
    Years
    I dunno, I am personally hoping it won't be like Fr/Lg where the game is basically exactly the same as the old games but with new graphics. It just feels sort of pointless to me. At the very least, I hope you don't have to complete some silly task before you can trade foreign pokemon. It really vexes me when they limit what you can get early on. If you want to have a theme-team with odd pokemon on your second or third play-through, why not?

I also really do want Kanto added into it, too. Maybe they'll even have the Sevii Islands again.

Also, higher-level and generally tougher battles would be nice. That was my one gripe with Gold/Silver; the Elite were really low level compared to other games. I'd really love to see the Unknown Dungeon again in all its extremely-high level glory from Red/Blue!

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    I don't want honey trees, those were a pain straight in the ass. I always forgot the tree and would end up wasting a honey jar. The pokemon you got from it were worthless, you could easily get them in the GTS WiFi or even in the wild.

I don't want sissyified music. The music should retain that badass feel, especially Lance's theme. If I hear Lance's theme being played in a nice violin, all peaceful and cute, then I will feed my HG cartridge to my toilet. They've already taken a couple tracks and make them all cheery and rosey, which is MEHHHHH.

I want the game to not be slow. Slow like characters talking endlessly about crap you don't want to read, like "Oh my paracol will get wet in the rain!! What a dilemma!" These dumb lines NPC's say can make it hard to resist kicking them in the crotch. I also want battle messages to be faster, every time you press A normally in a battle, the text box goes blank for 5 seconds, then the message comes. Do your next move, 5 seconds of blank white box, THEN it says "So and so used Sacred Fire!" Your ass really gets handed to you when you go wireless battling with a friend, or WiFi, when the speed is half as slow.

Years
    I don't want to hear a cheerful theme for Silver. Despite his appearance, his music shall remain masculine. NO ringing of a triangle or a xylophone. None of that. If anything, make it like a guitar solo is playing the rhythm. That'd be nice.

Last edited:

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    i know this might sound a bit confusing so sorry

i want it to be more like fire red and leaf green not diamond pearl and platinum. like see how at the end u have to see all the pokemon and then you get the national dex well i perfered when u had to catch a certain number of pokemon it was more fun. and no honey trees go back to headbutt

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    I DEFINITELY DON'T WANT SWARMS they are annoying, I've been trying to get a Larvitar for weeks and Dawn's sister still hasn't mentioned Larvitar yet, They are way too repetative.

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
    Bug catching contests were fun! But I wud get so mad when I thot I'd win because I caught a rare Scyther, only to be beaten by a guy with a Butterfree T_T

LOL! I totally agree...I remember when that used to happen...xD

xxChazxx said:
    I disagree. Sure, you could get a Scyther or Pinsir, but you could also get Sun Stones and other rare items if you won

I would hate it if they got rid of them. It really added some fun side-quest-like stuff.

Ahh, my bad. I forgot you could get a Sun Stone, that is another plus. Really helpful if you have a grass type in your party and its a sunkern....:3

I DEFINITELY DON'T WANT SWARMS they are annoying, I've been trying to get a Larvitar for weeks and Dawn's sister still hasn't mentioned Larvitar yet, They are way too repetative.

I disagree, swarming was a fun way to catch rare pokemon more easily in G/S/C....just register the correct trainer and they'll tell you when. Wasn't that hard, but newer games, it was. xD

There's also the fact you might get lucky, I remember I caught Yanma and Snubbull without having to wait for a Swarm.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I dunno, I am personally hoping it won't be like Fr/Lg where the game is basically exactly the same as the old games but with new graphics. It just feels sort of pointless to me. At the very least, I hope you don't have to complete some silly task before you can trade foreign pokemon. It really vexes me when they limit what you can get early on. If you want to have a theme-team with odd pokemon on your second or third play-through, why not?

I also really do want Kanto added into it, too. Maybe they'll even have the Sevii Islands again.

Also, higher-level and generally tougher battles would be nice. That was my one gripe with Gold/Silver; the Elite were really low level compared to other games. I'd really love to see the Unknown Dungeon again in all its extremely-high level glory from Red/Blue!

I doubt it will just be a solid remake. There's bound to be more features, and plus an expanded story using the Sinnoh legends makes for some nice surprise.
    I agree with this 100%. I would love to have an odd-ball team my second go.
    Kanto is almost guarenteed. The Sevi Islands, not so much.
    Yeah, I don't know why they would ease up on the difficulty. I also don't know why they would close the Unknown Dungeon unless they were pressed for time and space.

TheNerdyPotato

Feraligatr is actually a Croc!
    Years
    I want Kanto to be redone as well as jhoto has been, with hills, and pretty colors and all sorts of cool things like that!

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Why does everyone hate that miltank so much?

Here's how to easily beat it:

1. Pick totodile.
    2. teach it rage
    3. only use rage during the battle.
    4. after fighting her clefairy and taking about 10000000 doubleslaps, your rage should be mega high.

5. use rage and one-shot the cow.

Back