• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think of the towns so far?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • We've been shown a few of the cities and towns of Alola and honestly, they each look pretty different from what I expected in a tropics based region! Let's take a look at some examples:

These two Japanese-esque towns sort of resemble each other in a way. Maybe they're Sun and Moon exclusive cities? They both kinda remind me of Ecruteak City, where tales of Ho-oh and the three legendary dog Pokemon were popular, so, maybe these are tourist cities about the game's own representative legendary pokemon?

Still, generally I think each city will have something more significant to them compared to the other pokemon games; I guess we'll just have to see! Either way, I'm really loving the design on these towns so far. What do you all think? Would love to share some thoughts!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I like most of the towns so far.
    If two of them were version exclusive, does the giant map hint at a third version?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Collectively, these Towns look like the most diverse and cultural of any Region. I love how each island has a variety of different areas and towns that all seem to have unique elements to their designs. Not only that but depending on the time of day, these areas look spectacular at both sunrise and sunset making them even more fascinating to look at. Probably a reason worth buying both versions with them being set 12 hours apart.

Years
  • I am loving the diversity of environments and the Japanese culture present in the town shown in the new Japanese trailer. Hawaii apparently has ties to Japan so a Japanese-themed town actually makes sense when you think about it.

Such a shame we don't know any location names yet.

Years
  • I personally love the towns in Alola so far. Culturally, they're really diverse and they all look beautiful (especially the Japanese ones). The Japanese trailer showed them off the best and I can't wait to go exploring all the towns in Alola :)

Years
  • Now that you've mentioned it, they really look like Ecruteak City, which is a good thing of course. I like it when they add some diversity in such maps, because I was honestly expecting some typical, tropical cities.

The idea of these towns being Sun and Moon exclusives sounds awesome as well.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    There is actually quite a lot of Japanese culture in Hawaii as well as a fascinating Japanese history in Hawaii, so I'm really hoping that the game towns will make some interesting fictional parallels to some of the real life locations. Quite a few of the Japanese culture based locations in Hawaii are incredibly beautiful like "Liliuokalani Gardens"; so these historic and cultural looking Japanese towns and locations in the game makes a lot of sense.
    I think with the amount of detail plus the importance on the time differences within the games, I think we're going to have some pretty spectacular looking and memorable locations in this game. The Japanese presence of Hawaii has been around for a very long time , so it also makes sense that some of the Japanese towns look very old and historic.

I really love the appearance of the town that looks like an open Japanese market with all of the parlors and such, it's so colorful and looks amazing with that sun set sky color, I bet that it looks spectacular at night, I bet it has different colored paper lanterns and such... maybe (this is a long shot) they even have night festivals there, I mean it's a large colorful town with a long straight dirt path between the various colorful shops, it would be the perfect size and location for a night festival and maybe even a small parade with floats or something.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I'm really loving all of these new different locations and cities in Alola! This region seems so diverse and beautiful... And look at the cities ... Some look HUGE, while others, which might look small, are completely STUNNING! And I can't imagine how beautiful it will be to see all these towns and cities at different times of the day... especially at night *-*

AleXShi1

Keep it real
    Years
  • Im loving the towns and cities at them moment, the region itself looks amazing, it has all kinds of biomes with different scenarios going on. The cities and towns all have a bunch of different looking buildings which i hope each has its own purpose and not just be a house for an NPC that doesnt add anything to the game. Personaly my favorite city so far is the one with the big buildings next to the beach

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Game Freak really are taking their time with the design of everything! Like, I wonder what this huge building behind these two people is supposed to be? :o

Spoiler:

Looks kinda like that hotel or whatever from waay back

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • Game Freak really are taking their time with the design of everything! Like, I wonder what this huge building behind these two people is supposed to be? :o

Spoiler:

From looks of it, it could be a hotel, you can see 2 girl NPCs behind there waving their hands (hotel receptionists of sorts). And we met Dexio and Sina there, since they came faraway from Kalos (i just assume the distance is far...), they should stay at a hotel, unless they know someone there... anyway, the building gives of a hotel vibe to it, i doubt this time we get as many hotels compared to XY, so i hope this hotel will have a lot of past characters cameo in post-game

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Game Freak really are taking their time with the design of everything! Like, I wonder what this huge building behind these two people is supposed to be? :o

Spoiler:

Interesting that we can see designs of Krabby and Wishiwashi on that building, and on the right.... what is that? Looks kind of like the Siren concept art leak but I could be wrong.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years

Spoiler:

Hey! That reminds me of this:
    Spoiler:

Maybe those are the hotels in the Alola Region =) X and Y had lots of them too, so....

Back