• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what do you think?

Sassydoll76

You want this?
    Years
    I also believe in reincarnation, mostly. I believe that you spend a particular time in Heaven/hell for anything you may have done in your past life, but you have second chances, like some before me may have said already

Kim

Years
    Tyson said:
    The keyword there is "may". He MAY not exist, and yet MAY exist at the same time. You all don't have any proof that he doesn't exist, and I DO have "somewhat" proof but I'd rather not type it out because I'm just going to get attacked again by your statements. I have my beliefs, and you have yours. I can practically tell by the way that you're speaking that there is no way that I would be able to convince you, considering it isn't every day that I try to convert someone to Christianity >.>;; So...good day.

Hmm. In debate class, when someone makes statements such as yours, it's usually because they're lying.

Nowhere did I "attack" you, and your assuming that I will is wrong. I know my way around debates.;) And while no, you will not convince me, I am curious as to what "proof" you have.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    It's completely ridiculous to debate that there's no proof of something not existing with no proof that it does exist.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    I din't mean particularly mean you, Kim, just meant most of the other people that have been *coughcough* You're actually the one who's been the most understanding ^^;;

Allstories, to say that there is no proof of something existing would mean that you have looked at every single piece of evidence that exists. Since nobody can know all things, nobody can logically say that that there is no proof that someone or something exists. ;)

Years
    Tyson said:
    Well, in the Bible it says that God was lonely, and He wanted people that he could create that would love, comfort, follow, and stay with Him forever. That's why we were created, to be with Him and choose to leave our own selfish ways to follow Him.

What is "it?"
    the topic of this thread ¬¬; reincarnation O.o;

Kim

Years
    Tyson said:
    I din't mean particularly mean you, Kim, just meant most of the other people that have been *coughcough* You're actually the one who's been the most understanding ^^;;

Allstories, to say that there is no proof of something existing would mean that you have looked at every single piece of evidence that exists. Since nobody can know all things, nobody can logically say that that there is no proof that someone or something exists. ;)

Sorry for jumpin' ya, then.:classic:

As for reincarnation, if you can't remember what happened, then how do you know if you're reincarnated?

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    Tyson said:
    Well, in the Bible it says that God was lonely, and He wanted people that he could create that would love, comfort, follow, and stay with Him forever. That's why we were created, to be with Him and choose to leave our own selfish ways to follow Him.

No it doesn't O_o...

God spoke us into existence, but it never says why he did it. When does the bible say he was lonely? Why would God be lonely?

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    Tyson said:
    Yeah.....where did those organisms come from?....o.O
    Amino Acids + Electricity(Lightning) = Life(DNA)
    It's actually been tried and tested...very VERY basic DNA mind you. After enough DNA was made with the right electrical charges, it became life. It took a billion years for this to happen though, so the conditions were EXTREMLY rare.

Hitokiri

Banned
    Years
    Pokedragonfire said:
    Amino Acids + Electricity(Lightning) = Life(DNA)
    It's actually been tried and tested...very VERY basic DNA mind you. After enough DNA was made with the right electrical charges, it became life. It took a billion years for this to happen though, so the conditions were EXTREMLY rare.

._.?

Human life takes far more than just amino acids and electricity. This isn't a science fiction movie. If your referring to the test that Miller did back in the 50's, that test only gave about 20 of the required acids. It takes amino acids and omega 3 fatty acids and minerals and fibers and cells and trillions of other little things. Besides, oxygen stops the growth of amino acids, making it impossible to have sprung up on its own...

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    John Denver said:
    No it doesn't O_o...

God spoke us into existence, but it never says why he did it. When does the bible say he was lonely? Why would God be lonely?

Hmm, I guess you're right, I don't know where I got that from o.O Good point, I guess I was just typing without really thinking XD OO

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    Hitokiri said:
    ._.?

Human life takes far more than just amino acids and electricity. This isn't a science fiction movie. If your referring to the test that Miller did back in the 50's, that test only gave about 20 of the required acids. It takes amino acids and omega 3 fatty acids and minerals and fibers and cells and trillions of other little things. Besides, oxygen stops the growth of amino acids, making it impossible to have sprung up on its own...
    I didn't say human life, I said DNA. Not human DNA either. I said it was an extremly rare thing 1/1 billion years. In 1/1 billion years the conditions are bound to be right, I think. I'm talking about the most very basic life, one celled organisms. Very simple stuff that doesn't require the stuff humans need.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    Pokedragonfire said:
    I didn't say human life, I said DNA. Not human DNA either. I said it was an extremly rare thing 1/1 billion years. In 1/1 billion years the conditions are bound to be right, I think. I'm talking about the most very basic life, one celled organisms. Very simple stuff that doesn't require the stuff humans need.

DNA is human life, and the most intricate part of it...

Simple one celled organisms still have DNA, and they're still intricate. The odds of DNA evolving on it's own (In billions, trillions, or even quintillions of years) is completely impossible.

Back