• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what do you want game freak to come up with next?

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2012
    [SIZE="a"]Due to the dumped of the release of pokemon grey, this has got me thinking, we all know that game freak is running out of ideas, what would your ideas be?

Personally I know of these three main points of view,

1: the retro gamer
    (I must admit I was with this opinion at one point) "just give me pokemon yellow, I don't want a bin bag pokemon!"
    These people are mainly after a remake of one of the game boy color games with only the original 150 (so pretty much heart gold and soul silver without drifloon)

2 the novice gamer

Someone who is new to pokemon and does not really know what to ask of game freak (people like my little sister)

3 me (lol)

I want the game to become more flexible in the future I.E you can choose the apperance of your character, you also have a larger selection of starter pokemon and you also get to choose what region you start in meaning that there is even greater variation between each trainer.

Please discuss
    :)[/SIZE]

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'd have done this earlier but I hadn't had time to search PGC on my phone. Either way, this belongs in Pokemon Gaming Central, rather than Black and White because B/W concentrates purely on these games, whereas PGC concentrates on the games overall, so I'm going to move it there and hopefully I didn't miss any major threads this'd fit into, since as far as I can see there is nothing asking for how you'd change the games overall, if not, Syd do as you wish, etc.

Also as a side note, "Grey"/third game will still probably go ahead someday, don't entirely dismiss it because it wasn't announced earlier today.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I found Pokemon Black and White to be fine, but the only thing that I want in the future main games is to have both Pokemon Contest and Pokemon Battle Frontier in it. What I also want for all of the future games is customizing your character because I am sick of being a white skinned character (and no I am not being racist), I want to be my actual color.

:t354:TG

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
  • I found Pokemon Black and White to be fine, but the only thing that I want in the future main games is to have both Pokemon Contest and Pokemon Battle Frontier in it. What I also want for all of the future games is customizing your character because I am sick of being a white skinned character (and no I am not being racist), I want to be my actual color.

:t354:TG

I can relate to this also as I never fit the mould of a preset character, Unova showed some more diversity introducing Lenora and Marshal as the first darker skinned characters so heres hoping.

More customisation in general would be nice, colours etc.

Zeus

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • Make a Pokemon that uses the elements of Mass Effect. Not the shooter parts but the custom make and multiple choices.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
  • I agree on the character customization; that has been needed since eons, now.

Another thing should be like an additional room to the Battle Tower (if a BFrontier is included) where you can battle RL trainers you've battled (7 of course), which at the end of every battle, it'd give you the option to save their team to said facility... now THAT'd be awesome

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • I 100% agree on the character customization. That's be the one of the coolest features to ever be put into a game, imo. They should know that not everyone is a light skinned, dark hair girl/boy. There are many different races that play the game as well, so I think that a chance to customize your character would be a huge improvement. If game freak is looking for anything to put into a new game, I think that should definitely be it. That and perhaps bring back the Pokewalker?
    It could be in color this time, and they should give us more things to do on it. Different rewards like evolution stones, berries, and held items for a certain amount of steps would be nice.

Oh, and @AshleyKetchum, "So what do you say, just as friends, we see a movie this weekend?" XD

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Feature: Wardobe/Clothes changing.
    Game: Pokémon Kart Racing!

Feature: Wardobe/Clothes changing.
    Game: Pokémon Kart Racing!

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Customized characters, definitely. I want to play through a Pokemon game with a cute girl wearing a nice floral-print Sunday dress.

And maybe another XD/Colosseum like game where your main objective is battling a criminal group instead of badge collection.

And of course any game that brought back Leaf from FR/LG would be win.

Coffee
    Years
  • Game freak should definitely pull off character customization. And if the rumored Gray/Grey is announced, they should do Sinnoh in the game. They can do it with 3DS, since the memory is larger. And why not something else to travel on than a bike? And how about Much better online capability's? AND MAKE A BATTLE REVOLUTION 2 ALREADY!!!

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • IMO I don't see Character Customization ever happening in a main game. Maybe just changing the color of the clothes they were. It ruins the point of the main characters. Plus it would mean no more Sugimori Art for the trainer you be in the game.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    IMO I don't see Character Customization ever happening in a main game. Maybe just changing the color of the clothes they were. It ruins the point of the main characters. Plus it would mean no more Sugimori Art for the trainer you be in the game.

How about a default character to use as a template for customising? The templates would be featured in the Sugimori art.

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
    Years
  • Since they finally got Pokémon moving without break so they seem hyperactive, how about finally animate the Pokémon according to the attacks they use?

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I'd like the next Plot having to due with the Legendary Musketeers, since my dream of Platinum being about the Lake Trio didn't come true.

I would also like them to come up with a better encounter rate for Surskit x.x

Lastly, I'd like a move that deals Super Effective Damage on certain types. Like for example: Cut is a Normal-typed move that is Super Effective against Grass Pokemon or Rock Smash doing x3 damage against Rock Pokemon.

Jovi

schadenfreude
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    Character customization and better-looking animated sprites.
    A new or adjusted battle system would be pretty cool too.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    I wanna shape the game up like a TV show. Pick my companions from tons of NPC's, leave Pokemon and People behind and start new journeys and engage in new storylines as opposed to GET STARTER. BEAT EVIL TEAM. FIGHT LEGENDARY. BEAT ELITE FOUR. Perhaps this could be a Wii U 3d game.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • I think a newgame+ will be revolutionary for pokemon.

Imagine being able to restart the game but having all your old pokemon- just all starting at level 5 again.

I love starting out with my full team. (charmander, totodile, treecko, nidoran, jolteon, larvitar) too bad I can only do it by gamesharking. :(

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Other than seeing customizable trainers, I think having multiple save files in one cartridge isn't a bad idea, but that might have space issues.

Back