• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What DON'T you want to see in ORAS

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    No Sky battles please. Ever again. It was so annoying to have to leave a bunch of trainers I battled just because I didn't want to use a pokemon that could fly. I also found it unfair that a flying type, like Hawlucha couldn't participate, but something like Haunter could.
    Care for a sky battle with a sky trainer?

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I don't want Wallace to be a champion. He could be the first gym leader or a contender, maybe even take the place of Scott as our spotter. But please, for god's sake, not Champion. He was so boring.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Sky Battles. ...then again, maybe Winona will be specializing in that. >.> Oh my, I sure hope not. <.<

Sky battles is the worst thing they could've implemented at XY. It doesn't serve any point at all. <_<
    But this... will be a nightmare instead.

Some stuff from me:
    - Pokemon contests that is not updated.
    I like Pokemon contests, but with at least 2 generations of void, I want to be able to see something different than the ones we had. So if they're not updated then I won't like it.
    - Roller Skates. Goodness, I want to run, not slip pass the grids. It's like the only reason why I use the directional pad in XY, except in Lumiose, because really?
    - Please don't make trainer rematches via Pokenav. It's confusing! ;3;

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • Wait, people hate Scott?!
    Anyway:
    - Contests, ugh.
    - That unreasonably short excuse of a dark cave on that one island.
    - Contests, bluhh.
    - Pokeblock
    - That annoying kid who kept following you and trying to battle you.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Assuming this is actually a remake and not a sequel, you aren't really forced to catch Groudon/Kyogre. Have you actually played the originals? :(

I would not be hyped for this if I hadn't played the originals. (At least 9 total playsthroughs. :P) Also, all I'm saying is that I hope they don't suddenly make us forced to catch Kyogre/Groudon like they did with Yveltal/Xerneas.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • - Large use of HMs. I've always hated having to go through Victory Road or any other important dungeon without taking all of my team members.
    - Wallace as the Champion.
    - Biking over cracks on the ground in Mirage Tower and Sky Pillar.
    - Feebas' rarity. Does it hurt to make it appear anywhere in that water instead of on a few particular tiles?

Years
  • Lack of post-game content. R/S/E are by far my favorite games right now, but how the game ended almost right after tzhe ELite four was always a buzz killer. Hopefully they will make it better this time :D

And why do people complain about Water, we are on a goddamn island, what are you expecting, lava? clouds? I want water! And I want trumpets! And I want similar music! And Kyogre! And dont change the routes and towns too much :D

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Lack of post-game content. R/S/E are by far my favorite games right now, but how the game ended almost right after tzhe ELite four was always a buzz killer. Hopefully they will make it better this time :D
    I agree. At least Emerald had more stuff like the extended Safari Zone, the Battle Frontier and the Desert Underpass. Maybe they'll have the Friend Safari or add new areas to visit like the other remakes did.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Here is a quick list of all the things I do not want to see appear in ΩR/αS.

- A champion that is not Steven Stone.
    - Sky Battles
    - The Battle Frontier removed or altered dramatically
    - Sky Pillar Altered
    - The removal/easier access to Mirage Island
    - The way in which you obtain the Regis altered
    - Having only 1 type of bicycle instead of 2
    - Not needing to have Safety Goggles for the Desert
    - Not being able to go to the moon
    - Swampert and Sceptile not getting Megas
    - Trick House being removed/made easier
    - The removing of water routes
    - No/Limited diving
    -Changed Gym Leader rosters

In my opinion, the bolded ones are incredibly important to the soul of R/S/E, and cannot be changed dramatically in these remakes. I believe the most important thing that should be not fiddled with excessively is the region map. It is what makes the game so unique. From climbing in tree towns, to hiding in secret bases, from being covered in ash and soot to being drenched scouring the ocean floor, to being buffeted by sandstorms and even getting lost on ocean routes. These were my favourite parts of R/S/E, the diversity of the region. I just really hope they don't change it to much.

Years
  • I agree. At least Emerald had more stuff like the extended Safari Zone, the Battle Frontier and the Desert Underpass. Maybe they'll have the Friend Safari or add new areas to visit like the other remakes did.

Yeah, exactly.

Fun fact, I played Emerald YEARS ago, and I only found out about the desert underpass last week. Mindblown xD

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Two Water League Trainers (aka no Juan and Champion Wallace plz)

and maybe please not disappoint the fandom by making a cruddy remake that was s overhyped about. :(

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Not sure I understand all the Contest hate. Sure, it wasn't the most interesting thing ever, but it was, after all, optional. You don't have to so much as walk into a Contest Hall (or whatever they're called) to play through the game.

To ask for them to be removed just seems pointless - if you wouldn't use them anyway, removing them doesn't enhance or change your experience in any way. However, it does take away options for people who wanted to or were willing to use them.

The only thing that comes to mind is that I don't want is for May / Brendan to continue being a trainer. In the originals, they never even fully evolve their starter - and I really liked that idea. They're out in the field studying, not training. And I also don't want to have them inexplicably be like "Oh, hey, it's been a while, battle me!" in the post-game, unveiling a level 55+ team, because it goes against the point of the character.

I don't want them to restrict new (pre-)evolutions from the Hoenn Dex. HGSS of course lets you use things not in the Johto Dex, which is okay, but it still felt annoying to not just add in the new evolutionary forms to the Johto Dex, instead merely making the items inaccessible until after the National Dex. So, add in all of them - Gallade, Froslass, Magnezone, Probopass, Budew, Roserade... And anything else I'm forgetting.

Wally is one of my favorite Rivals. However, his team is pretty weak. Don't let him keep what he has - let him evolve his Roselia and Magneton, and replace his Delcatty with something else, and give him a sixth Pokemon to round him out. Something else that would be interesting is to have him evolve his Ralts into Gardevoir in Omega Ruby, and into Gallade in Alpha Sapphire, or vice versa.

So, somehow, the oceans of Hoenn dried up? Not exactly something I'd like to see, to be honest.

While these are remakes, not sequels, that would make an interesting idea for a RS sequel - rather than continuing from their canonical ending, make a sequel based on what would've happened if nobody'd shown up to stop the unleashed Legendary. The Ruby sequel would have the seas completely dried up, and the Sapphire sequel would have Hoenn completely covered in water, except for mountain peaks here and there).

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Recently thought of something - the "Trade Shards for Stones" mechanic. After witnessing how ridiculously easy it is to just buy the elemental evolutionary Stones in Celadon Department Store in Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen, I would rather have those stones be buyable in Lilycove Department Store or somewhere at the Battle Frontier (or just let the Diving Treasure Hunter dude sell the stones himself), because it was a pain getting a Pokemon that could switch items, then using the Pokemon to take the Shard from a wild Pokemon (and in Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, you had no way to increase the chance of finding a wild Pokemon holding an item) and then having to Surf to the Diving Treasure Hunter's house near west of Mossdeep City.

Also, I don't want Heart Scales to be too uncommon; it would be nice if their availability could be increased a bit for Move Relearning purposes..

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I don't want not-Steven. Wallace is great as a Gym Leader but as a Champion along with a Water-type Gym was just not a good choice.

I don't want Gym Leaders to have only 3 Pokémon like in XY. I don't want the game to be rage-quit difficult, but I don't want it to be so easy I beat it in no time at all. The original games had a fair difficulty, in my opinion, so I hope they keep it similar to that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    - The removal/easier access to Mirage Island
    - Having only 1 type of bicycle instead of 2
    -Changed Gym Leader rosters
    MmMm. Not sure I can agree on the Mirage Island thing. Not that we have to. Personally I don't think there's enough of a payoff for reaching Mirage Island considering how difficult it is. I think it either needs to be easier to get to Mirage Island or Mirage Island needs to be more worthwhile to get to in the first place.

I'm not really sure why you'd want two bikes. It's really a waste of time being forced to go back to Mauville every single time you want to use a different bike. Granted, it gives the player a chance to re-explore an old area and add some freshness. But the bike-exclusive routes aren't extensive enough to make it worthwhile. I'd rather it just be one bike, two functions or more of a payoff for using a different bike.

I'm curious as to why changing the Gym rosters is a big thing for you? Generally the changes are made to balance the Gym Leader's team and make them a more enjoyable fight. I can certainly see not wanting them to be drastic changes, but no changes at all doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

And why do people complain about Water, we are on a goddamn island, what are you expecting, lava? clouds? I want water! And I want trumpets! And I want similar music! And Kyogre! And dont change the routes and towns too much :D
    The issue for me ends up being that there is too much monotony. It seems like there isn't enough diversity in the Pokemon that appear or in the visuals. It gets boring fast. This would probably be wayyy above what GameFreak would ever do but I think it'd be neat if they made it so that you could see bits of the underwater environment you're surfing on. Like the coral reefs, the peaks and troughs of the sand, and other various seawater structures. An underwater volcano could be a neat touch.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • My list of no-nos:
    1. Mega evolutions early in the game. Somehow I just feel that they are better fit after the 8th gym.

2. Secret Power required for Secret Base creations. However since TMs are now if unlimited use and the digger drill in DPPt was worse, I can say I won't really mind this.

3. Sky battles. However, I can see them make a comeback at places like the Jagged Pass and the route between Mauville and Fortree. These battles are optional anyway so I don't exactly mind.

4. Removal of pokeblocks, and battle tents instead of contest halls.

5. Lower leveled gym leaders and E4.

6. Same ol rival. I want he/she to be more involved in the storyline.

7. No customization options for characters.

8. Easier Seafloor Cavern + Victory Road Puzzles.

9. No Steven Stone as champion.

10. Make Mt. Pyre less scary. I played RS as a child and HECK. I was seriously afraid of going to Mt Pyre. But for some reason I want it to stay that way.

11. No gym/E4/rival rematches

Last edited:
    Back