• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What DON'T you want to see in ORAS

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    > Wallace is champion // Steven or Wally are not the Champion
    > Gym Leaders and E4 being super easy like in XY (E4 should have a full team of Pokemon)
    > Increase in occurrence of Feebas
    > An overabundance of Mega Evolutions
    > Lack of a detailed, enjoyable post-game

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    8. Easier Seafloor Cavern + Victory Road Puzzles.

Oh my god, I totally forgot about the Victory Road. It required us to have so many HMs, and I think I had to gape at the annoying encounter rate and the trainers. I really want something more straightforward, or at the very least some kind of Doctor NPC midway who can heal your Pokémon.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Oh my god, I totally forgot about the Victory Road. It required us to have so many HMs, and I think I had to gape at the annoying encounter rate and the trainers. I really want something more straightforward, or at the very least some kind of Doctor NPC midway who can heal your Pokémon.

The Hoenn Victory Road was the toughest in the series, IMO. I really hope the difficulty remains that way, but I do agree that we need a doctor of some kind in the middle of the cavern.

Off topic question: if I recall correctly, I hear faint pokemon cries while traveling in the routes. Can someone reassure me that I was crazy back then?

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

MmMm. Not sure I can agree on the Mirage Island thing. Not that we have to. Personally I don't think there's enough of a payoff for reaching Mirage Island considering how difficult it is. I think it either needs to be easier to get to Mirage Island or Mirage Island needs to be more worthwhile to get to in the first place.

I'm not really sure why you'd want two bikes. It's really a waste of time being forced to go back to Mauville every single time you want to use a different bike. Granted, it gives the player a chance to re-explore an old area and add some freshness. But the bike-exclusive routes aren't extensive enough to make it worthwhile. I'd rather it just be one bike, two functions or more of a payoff for using a different bike.

I'm curious as to why changing the Gym rosters is a big thing for you? Generally the changes are made to balance the Gym Leader's team and make them a more enjoyable fight. I can certainly see not wanting them to be drastic changes, but no changes at all doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Your points are completely valid, but as you noted these are just my opinion. For the first two points, I don't think you really understood what I was trying to say. I meant I just didn't want those things to become easier/non-existent, but I am completely open to them being changed in other ways.

I somewhat agree that Mirage Island needs more incentive to reach, but on the other hand, reaching somewhere so "rare and exclusive" is kind of an incentive itself. This is why I don't fancy it being made easier to access, but I'd be open to them altering the island itself slightly to make it a little more rewarding.

It is also a similar case for the bikes. I am happy for the system in which the two bicycles are used/swapped, but I think having two bikes is a unique perk of Hoenn, and have so many memories of learning all tricks on the Acro bike, and then zipping around on the Mach bike. I just feel that Hoenn wouldn't be the same without the two. Maybe a single bike that could switch between modes would be more convenient and better suited to the current game.

And finally, about the Gym Leaders, I am a stubborn Gen III fanboy and will rage and never play again if they change the leaders teams, again I feel like these games would just not be the same if the leaders rosters were changed. Saying this though, I think it would be great if each of the later leaders had their own Mega Pokemon. Just my 2 cents though.

Years
    MmMm. Not sure I can agree on the Mirage Island thing. Not that we have to. Personally I don't think there's enough of a payoff for reaching Mirage Island considering how difficult it is. I think it either needs to be easier to get to Mirage Island or Mirage Island needs to be more worthwhile to get to in the first place.

I'm not really sure why you'd want two bikes. It's really a waste of time being forced to go back to Mauville every single time you want to use a different bike. Granted, it gives the player a chance to re-explore an old area and add some freshness. But the bike-exclusive routes aren't extensive enough to make it worthwhile. I'd rather it just be one bike, two functions or more of a payoff for using a different bike.

I'm curious as to why changing the Gym rosters is a big thing for you? Generally the changes are made to balance the Gym Leader's team and make them a more enjoyable fight. I can certainly see not wanting them to be drastic changes, but no changes at all doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

The issue for me ends up being that there is too much monotony. It seems like there isn't enough diversity in the Pokemon that appear or in the visuals. It gets boring fast. This would probably be wayyy above what GameFreak would ever do but I think it'd be neat if they made it so that you could see bits of the underwater environment you're surfing on. Like the coral reefs, the peaks and troughs of the sand, and other various seawater structures. An underwater volcano could be a neat touch.

That is not to easy to make and it would look weird cos it's not "3D". What you see on the surface would be moving faster then what you see on the bottom, so they would need two "layers" which is pobably memory and time consuming, not to mention it's make the game laggier.
    I think.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    That is not to easy to make and it would look weird cos it's not "3D". What you see on the surface would be moving faster then what you see on the bottom, so they would need two "layers" which is pobably memory and time consuming, not to mention it's make the game laggier.
    I think.
    ?
    I'm not sure where you're coming from on this?

All they would have to do is create an 3D environment that is two to three units below where you surf and make a transparent texture of water that goes over the entire thing. It's no different from being able to see down the edge of a mountain in terms of processing power. Though as I said before, it'd take a lot of extra work on GameFreak's part to make such an environment.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    A million, misplaced legendary Pokémon. The one thing I liked about Hoenn, was that it had just the right amount of legendary Pokémon. While I think it's pretty likely we're going to see one or two Pokémon from Generation V; I really hope not. Hoenn was a haven for having a great balance of legendary Pokémon. Though I'm pretty okay if it expands the region and adds some more legendary Pokémon to those expanded areas, I'm not sure how many more legendaries would fit into Hoenn comfortably. I'd like to see Manaphy (below the ocean), and see Deoxys relocated (Birth Island was a boring cop out for such a cool Pokémon).

I hope that there's not another (easy) way to catch shiny Pokémon, for reasons I stated here. Generation 6 made it pretty easy to catch shinies now, and I'd rather it wasn't so easy to find them. I'd be pretty happy with a new method of catching them that didn't make it too easy, but yeah, I feel gen 6 has done it's job for shinies already.

DNA Splicers. Nuff said really.

Other than that, I'm pretty happy to see most inclusions. I completely disliked Generation 5, especially for it's off-the-wall inclusions like the Splicers, and the Shiny Charm. As well as the clunky C-Gear, the Dream World being a total flop, the rotating battles, and so on. Gen 6 was pretty wonderful, so I'm happy with them bringing in most things from that. So long as they don't make shiny Pokémon any easier to obtain, and ignore gen 5 completely; I should be happy.

LiquidForce

The Upper Downer
    Years
    What was the joke?

I don't want to see the return of Sky Battles. They were pointless. Inversion battles/reverse battles (whatever they were called?) were a great addition though!

I also think Sky Battles are pointless, but they could make it something more important or a kind of minigame.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I think.

The 3DS is likely to be more than capable of doing simple parallax; especially seeing as that's already at the core of the console.

Then again, X/Y is laggy enough just in the battles... :[

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    1. A ton of mega stones that make the megas now useless because everything has mega.
    2. Water.
    3. A non Steven Stone Champion.
    4. Sky Hell. Though I know it will be in there for Rayquaza.

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
    Years
    - Mandatory trumpets. You can do better now, guys! Don't mess it up!
    - Only Blaziken getting a Mega Evolution.
    - Speaking of Megas, early-game Mega Ring. Save that for mid-game and later. >:U

Other than that, I'm down with anything the games will throw my way.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Personally...I agree that Wallace shouldn't be the Champion. A more..diverse champion is much better in my opinion, like Gary and Cynthia. Steven is..okay, but...maybe a tiny bit more diverse would be better. I'm not saying Steven isn't awesome..just...I don't know.

I'm personally okay with the water routes. A bit bland, but it was relaxing.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    * Mega Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza.I. don't. want. it.
    * Old Gym Rosters <- This one. I utterly hated the rosters of Tate&Liza and Wallace. The twins only had 2!! Pokémon. I understand this was a double battle, but come on. Emerald fixed this.
    And then Wallace. Luvdisc? Sealo? Seaking? There are so many awesome Water types, and GF gave him 2 that suck, and 1 already use TWICE by Glacia. Why not Huntail, Ludicolo and Gyarados?

* Duplicate Pokémon. Similiar to the previous. This one applies to Flannery, Norman, Glacia and Drake. Flannery using 2 Slugma (Give her Combusken or Numel instead), Norman 2 Vigoroth (Give him Linoone/Spinda/Girafarig). Glacia is ok though, since there aren't any other Ice types to choose from. If GF only expanded the Pokédex with evolutions like Magnezone and Froslass, she could at least have 1 duplicate less. Now Drake; replace that darn Flygon with Kingdra.
    * Same Trick House. Just bring better puzzles (like based on the gym's types) and no mails.
    * Rare Pokémon. It is cool if some Pokémon are rare, but RSE just broke the limits. I played Ruby in 2004, and when playing Emerald in 2005, I noticed a trainer with a Pinsir. Never knew that bug was in the game. After like another year or two, I realised Heracross, Phanpy, Vulpix, Muk, Corsola and Rhyhorn were in the games. Just fix this.
    * Wallace as champion. Steven Stone rocks. (Get it?)
    * Removal of Battle Frontier Since HG/SS replaced Crystal's Battle Tower with a Frontier, it seems likely they'll do the same thing.
    * The favor of Blaziken
    * Drastically change of PokéNav.
    * Old contests.
    * Same post-game.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    - Speaking of Megas, early-game Mega Ring. Save that for mid-game and later. >:U

Other than that, I'm down with anything the games will throw my way.
    Or post-game in general! Mega Lucario didn't ruin things for me but made me feel obligated to use it and I was just ehhh. Manectrite would be great right off the bat.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I found one thing I SERIOUSLY would not want to see in ORAS.

HORDE BATTLES.

Seriously... Bring back the dark grass if the pokemans are of special abilities and get rid of hordes. They are pointless and annoying.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't want Route 113 and the desert to look like they used to... Route 113 became boring after a while of running around to find ash. I hope they'll revamp it into something more interesting. Also the desert was pretty small after all, not like Unova's vast one, so I hope they'll do something more fun there as well.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    I don't want to see the EXACT same as R/S. I want to see a little difference, maybe add a few more Pokémon to the water routes? There were a ton of them, and to be serious all you could find is Tentacool and Wingull. They suck to grind with, plus and are really boring; especially Tentacool. Seel, Magikarp would be more interesting. Not the best change, but definitely would be better.

The desert could have a little better storyline. I mean, all you could do there was literally do the castle thing, and get the fossils. Not much to do there. Maybe they could add a Aqua/Magma event there? Trying to catch a specific Pokémon hiding there? ;)

Years
    I really don't want Mega forms for Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza. I am not a fan of legendaries getting Mega forms. Those three are epic as is.

I also don't want to see Wallace as champ again. He was way too easy in Emerald since he was all water. New champ please.

KazukoHimura

"I guess I'm just a bit hungry..."
    Years
    What I don't want is more just a transition of an existing feature than the feature itself.

I just don't want them to have mixing records be streetpass-based. Allow it to be spotpass! Living in a small town and not being able to go out much (and when most people with 3DS/2DS are little kids playing the new Spongebob game instead of Pokemon..) kind of limits the use.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    I'm replaying Gen 3 right now, and there's one "feature" that I absolutely hate and don't ever want to see again. It wasn't in Ruby/Sapphire, but it was there in Emerald (as well as FR/LG) : complete inability to obtain Pokémon that aren't in the Regional Dex before beating the game at least once.

For those who don't know/remember what I'm talking about, in Emerald:
    • Evolving a Pokémon that is in the Regional Dex into a Pokémon that isn't never succeeds: the evolution stops by itself.
    • Trades are only allowed with games set in the same region (R/S/E for Emerald, FR/LG for FR/LG)
    • Even if the other game is set in the same region, Pokémon that aren't in the regional Pokédex cannot be traded, and neither can eggs
    In the originals, these limitations go away once you get the National Pokédex (and, in FR/LG, complete a quest in the Sevii Islands) .

This "feature" was dropped in all later games, and good thing it did. I like planning my teams in advance and trade eggs to a new game so I could have my entire team from the get-go. In FR/LG/E I can't do that, and I don't like it.

Back