• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What DS are you playing your game on? [ #24 ]

What DS are you playing your game on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    I'm looking forward to playing White on my chunky XL, it feels so much better than the original lite <3

Froslass

Ice Champion
    Years
  • I'm using a Nintendo DSI at the moment because I really don't want to get another one, I'm fine with the one I have at the moment.

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
  • I'm playing on my DS Lite, I'll probably switch to 3DS when I get one at some point in the future.

D0N3GAN

Working on Pokemon White...
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2011
    I'm playing Pokemon White on my DS Lite because my Pokemon Black is synced with my DSi XL and my Japanese Black is synced with my normal silver DS system.

PokeTerra2011

Elite Guard: Commander General
    Years
  • I was originally playing my Pokemon Black on my DSLite, but then it stopped working so I had to get a new system so I bought the DSi. I'm not really all that interested in the 3DS, but I'm sure that'll change in the future.

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • A heads up to anyone planning on playing old DS games on the 3DS: they won't look as good as on the old DS'es.
    You have two modes to play old DS games. The first is the default mode: the images will be scaled to fit the 3DS screen as closely as possible, leaving only two black bars on the top screen. The downside is that the quality will be lost.
    The second mode is toggled by holding start or select when booting the game. This will boot the game with the normal pixel sizes. The screen will be much smaller than on the DS but the quality will be the same.
    Their is no way to exactly play the old DS games on the 3DS like on the old DS. You'll have to use an old DS to do that.

Phototoxin

Lord of Darkness
    Years
  • DSi for me. I got one for myself on my birthday 2 years ago (I was working then) with Mario. I don't have lots of games . But more recently I got one for my (now) wife when she spent 8 hours of an unsaved game playing my platinum.

Kamitsure-chan

Massive Cynthia fangirl. :3
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    DSi. :D I love my DSi. I also have a DS lite, but I don't use it too much since the hinge is broken.

DemonBlood93

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    My Black DSI that I got for my b'day last year, It's a year and 2 months old and it's still in mint condition :D

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    3DS vs Older Systems?

So how many people out there use Pokemon Black and White, and how many people use their DS, DS Lite, and DSi's? Post your opinions, along with your votes!

I think that Black and White look their absolute best on the DSi, even though I don't even own one. XD But I normally play it on the 3DS, because my only other option is the regular DS and I can't stand how bulky it is. And also I broke part of the hinge on it...

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • All I have is a Ds Lite and a DSi. I heard it looks worse on the 3ds because it's stretched out. But I wouldn't know.

ProGuava

ʇnoɥs puɐ ʇsıʍʇ
    Years
  • on 3DS i have seen it just cuts off the larger portion of the top screen...but i haver to agree it looks best on DSi even on DSi XL it looks pretty schnazzy if I do say so myself T>T

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • i have the original DS and Ds lite, obviously it would look better on the Dsi but i like being able to play my gba games on my ds

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    The 3DS is better as it's great build quality and has it's own library of games.

Fiendly

Never let go.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    I prefer my DS Lite sometimes.. Mainly because I can use my GBA games with it.
    Nintendo should of kept it instead of turfing it after the Lite!

I occasionally use my girlfriends DSi for casual trades, but that's all!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So how many people out there use Pokemon Black and White, and how many people use their DS, DS Lite, and DSi's? Post your opinions, along with your votes!

I think that Black and White look their absolute best on the DSi, even though I don't even own one. XD But I normally play it on the 3DS, because my only other option is the regular DS and I can't stand how bulky it is. And also I broke part of the hinge on it...

Although this thread isn't quite the same to which one you're playing on (the weekly poll), I'd say from the replies we're getting, people are going to end up posting which gaming console is best as a whole, and not what looks best on Black and White.

...And since the weekly poll still has two days to live, I'm going to merge with that! Plus what you think they look best on doesn't really lead to a lot of interesting discussion (nor posts), whereas what console you're playing on can lead to more detailed responses, explaining why they use those.

Back