• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What games have the best music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    I usually turn off the sound too, but I really liked Heart Gold and Soul Silver's music. It had nostalgia mixed with actually good quality.
    I loved all versions of Lavender Town's theme. It's eerie and repetitive, but also very beautiful and it suits the sadness of the town.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    IV (Sinnoh) > IV (Kanto) <> IV (Johto) > III (Hoenn) > III (Kanto)

I quite like a lot of Hoenn's music, but some lets it down. Gen III Kanto is nice, but I prefer Gen IV Kanto over it, so for that reason, I put Hoenn over it.

Voltagenic

got djent?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2011
    Gen III has so far been the only generation where I actually put down my Game Boy and just enjoyed the music.

Whoever composed the music for the 3rd gen deserves a medal.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Gold and Silver. They are the best by far. Each time I listen to the music, it brings back memories ;~;

Years
    Definitely the Mystery Dungeon series music (if that counts). Hoenn's music is a close second. I looove the Mt. Pyre music~

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I would put it like this.

III > II > V > I > IV (because of HG/SS bad remixes.)

Roxichu

Blastoff at the Speed of Light
    Years
    For the nostalgia factor? R/B/Y.
    For the tracks I'll look up on YouTube specifically for listening pleasure? R/S/E. I used to ride the Dewford-Slateport boat and wander around in the desert for no other reason than to listen to the music.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Personally, I liked the music of R/S/E. But I find B/W's music to be quite good as well. Everything from battling the Team Plasma member music to the one where one's HP gets low is spectacular. :D

Years
    GSC. I remember how amazed I sometimes was when concetrating on the battle music. I was amazed at how they could get a simple gameboy color to play such epic music.

And now it just beats me with nostalgia. <3

But HGSS was good too. Not particulary fond of other gens, oh and I don't like RSE..

AquaFin

Mudkip Commander
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2016
    I think Pokemon RSE has great music, Can't get enough of it. I leave the music on for hours and sit there listening especially double batlles. I also love the Kanto Gym Leader Theme from HG/SS. Theres alot more music I like from other Pokemon versions too but these are my favourites

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Please don't revive threads over a month old. This one is over a year.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back