• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What games have the best music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Zard

Vulpes bicaudata's alternate
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2010
    RBY have nice music, but Pokémon Trading Card Game for the Game Boy has some really nice music. The music for the Electric Club/Grass Club in particular stands out.

butterbiscuit

Potential!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2013
    If this is pokemon only, I really like the original Gold the best. 8-Bit FTW! 8D

Not pokemon, Zelda games. Just can't get enough of that music.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I liked Generation 1's music from RBY and GSC. I especially enjoyed the battle themes from both, and GSC also remixed RBY's music. The only one I never really liked from Gen. 1 was Lavender Town's theme, it creeped me out. Other than that, the first Pokémon songs were awesome!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like the music from Gen III to IV. I listened to a bit of Gen V's but I haven't had a final opinion on it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • This is in Pokemon General Gaming, what else would we be talking about? Anyway, I personally like all the music, but in order:

II > I > III > V > IV

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • In my opinion,
    1. RBY
    2. GSC
    3. HGSS
    Didn't really like the others but if I had to rate them
    4. DPPt
    5. RSE

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    1) HG/SS
    2) D/P and Pt
    3) R/S/E

I just love HG and SSs' music. Can't explain why but it was soothing. Especially the music played in that grass patch in front of the safari zone.
    I like DPPt's music as well. I'm not a music person but at times it seems like these 3 games used more woodwind instruments.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
  • Well Pokémon music in general is nostalgic to me, especially from Gen III/RSE Because that's when I started playing Pokémon.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    From what I've played? From best to worst:

GSC
    RSE
    DPPt
    RBY

GSC's music was overall the best put together and even though it was 8bit, you could still visualize what instruments they were trying to simulate.
    RSE's really good music was rare, but it was still there, like the Elite 4 music.
    DPPt's music was irritating, childish, and a lot of it felt like music that was ripped from GSC.
    RBY's music was just horrible. The champion theme was a random string of notes. Lavender town's theme was so out of harmony that it was rumored at one point to cause cancer or something.

Years
  • I really liked gen III's music it was cheerful, and marching band-like. Other then that i liked gen IV's music, it was very following of the city's plot-line. I never listened to gen V's music yet but i have a feeling it's gonna be good.

Trish

He was dead the whole time!
    Years
  • I loved the 8bit music on GSC. I'm pretty fond of the music from other generations too.

Years
  • Ruby and Sapphire for me, hands down. Especially that song right around Slateport city. HG/SS were pretty decent. I didn't like the Platinum soundtracks at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back