• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Gender Is Your Character?

What gender is your character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    Boy, because as with most games I find myself liking the male sprite(s) better. <_<;

Iron Mankey

Gentleman Thug
    Years
    I'm a guy, but I went with Dawn because the guy looks like a l'il prissy ******. Brendan's design was infinitely better.

Kenpari

¯\(°_o)/¯ I DUNNO LOL
    Years
    I know quite a few boys that choose the female gender in Pokemon games for whatever reason, but I go as a boy myself. Always have since R/B/Y.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I usually play a girl, they have better designs. But I started Pearl over, and I am playing as a boy.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Girl in Platinum and Pearl. Might choose the boy in Diamond, but my typical Poké-name doesn't really fit with a boy.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
    I always pick boy. I don't like the thought of playing as a 10-year-old girl O_O

Teto

- - wobbuffan. ☆
    Years
    girl, because i am a girl, and just because i normally like the design better~

Years
    I couldn't get myself to play as Dawn, so I pretty much always play as Lucas.

I'm a guy, but I went with Dawn because the guy looks like a l'il prissy ******. Brendan's design was infinitely better.
    when i first saw the character art for Ruby/Sapphire, I couldnt believe brendan was ten, i honestly thought he was fifteen or thereabout.

Last edited:

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I swtich off sometimes
    ive learned that female characters catch legendaries easier, but male characters encounter rarer pokemon easier (dunno why, it just works like that for me lol)

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    I use the female characters in the Pokemon games, so naturally, my Platinum character is female. Did you expect any different? xD

To add a bit more to this post, I also prefer the design for the female characters over those of the male characters. This even spanning to the remakes of the Generation I games, though I will say that Red and Gold are by far the best designed male characters, regardless. Of Generation IV however, I'm not much of a fan of the character design for Diamond/Lucas.

`Espeon

Is back! :D
    Years
    I'm a girl, so I picked Dawn for very simple reasons.

Lucas doesn't look that good to me anyway and I don't want to bother reseting my Diamond game to play as him... >.>

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010
    The first time around my Pearl I was a girl, in all my other games I am a boy. I have always found the girl more attractive then the boy ever since you had the decision in Crystal.

Filozofio

Hand Over The Candy
    Years
    I usually pick girl, I am a girl and I like their designs better, but in Emerald I choose the boy. He's the only boy I actually like. :P His white hair made me happy, for some reason.

Back