• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Gender Is Your Character?

What gender is your character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Pokemon Master.
    Years
    All the generations I've played always Boy
    1st Gen : Obvious...
    1st Gen Remake : When I saw Leaf she's not good looking enough! So play as Red anyway.
    2nd Gen : Both look better but not much for Kris! So Ethan.
    2nd Gen Remake : I expecting to see Kris with a new look, though Lyra disappoint me! So Ethan. AGAIN! :(
    3rd Gen : Made me amaze! But May doesn't fit to me So Brendan.
    4th Gen : Urrrgh! The worst don't like them both at the first time, But when it comes to Platinum, Lucas way more better so HIM!

But when see the 5th gen, it's like really amaze me and I said : "Wow! Both COOL! Now this is what I'm calling Main Characters! I'll go get both! Each use different gender!" Hahaha! :D

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    *adds it all up*

Crystal: Girl.
    LeafGreen: Girl.
    Emerald: Boy.
    Diamond: Girl.
    Pearl: Boy.
    Platinum: Boy.

HeartGold: Girl.
    SoulSilver: Boy.

So I have eight games, and out of those eight I play four as girls and four as boys. That's 50%! (Hurr fear my math skills.) But I mostly play as boys because I prefer the male trainer sprites, especially in D/P.

I also find it insulting that girls are always associated with pink with their Pokéuipment. :| Blue all the way!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    I'm a female. But I chose a Male character just to try it out and I like the design too. XD

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    My character is a Boy. I used to swap between Boy and Girl characters on subsequent playthroughs, but since the 4th gen started I just stick with the guy.

Although I always stuck to the guy character if I'm clearing the pokédex.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    I play as a girl because until they let me have a male character with dreadlocks i will always choose girl. HOORAY I WROTE TAT POURLY KA DEWRP!

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2011
    Well, I always pick my game character gender same as my gender is,
    so I play as a girl.

Marx_Ultra

Back in Black!
    Years
    In all games, I'm a guy. The exception is Platinum. A girl named Castor. So far, she keeps getting owned by Mars... XP Her lv 11 Onix nearly destroyed Mars's Purugly. Failed attempt though...

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    I chose female once, and I got further in the game than I did in my previous save file (I chose a male)

Also I got my first level 100 as a female.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    I always pick the boy.....because.....wait for it.....I AM ONE!!!!! yeah thats the only reason.i just dont love the girl sprite in battle.yes in the field, the girls win all out, but in battle the boys bring it home in looking more compettitive

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    I'm a guy so I'm always choosing the male character. Never really liked the female's sprite.

Last edited:

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    I'm a guy and I play as a guy all the time. I think a guy playing as a girl is weird but that's just my opinion lol

Back